The Short Version: King of Fighters 12 the first entry from the series on the next gen consoles offers an Excellent Core Fighting Experience but is seriously lacking in every other department leaving us ultimately unsatisfied.
What you’ll Like:
• The Fighting System is Excellent. Responsive, Fluid and Easy to Learn. In the Perfect world this is the only thing that should matter, and this game gets this right – unfortunately this isnt the Perfect world.
• The Hand Drawn Sprites (while they dont look as good as HD BlazBlue) have their own Charm.
• Clan Support Seems Awesome, more games should have this. (only on the PS3)
What you’ll Hate:
• Where the Hell is all my Content? No Story Mode. Only 5 Levels in Arcade? The Single Player is a Joke.
• There are no character videos or anything of the sort that helps to get to know ANY of these Fighters. Inexcusable since this is the first entry into the Next-Gen Consoles and many of us aren’t familiar with the series.
• At the time of Review there are Serious Online Lag Issues.
• The level backgrounds could be alot better (only the fat ladies and the fireworks were interesting to look at).
• Clan Support Only on the PS3. WTF! Assholes!
Above Average (6′s are games that are slightly above average, but for whatever reason they dont merit their Full Purchase Price. Fans will likely love the title enough to overlook its many flaws, but Non-Fans will be slightly disappointed.)