The Short Version: No other game in recent memory makes you feel as powerful as Prototype does. Alex Mercer is the perfect killing machine. You’re sure to have alot of fun with this one despite its few drawbacks.
The Review: Prototype puts you in control of Alex Mercer – who has woken up in a laboratory, and now has mysterious dark superpowers. As Alex Searches the city for the people responsible for changing him into a monster, a very deadly virus is spreading in the streets. The Virus turns anyone it comes into contact with into zombie-like super creatures. All of this makes for an interesting storyline placed in an open-world game. But does this title deliver an experience as fun as the best sandbox titles that came before? Let’s find out in Joe’s Video Review:
• Excellent Combat System thats gruesomely violent.
• Consuming people to steal their Identities and Memories is beyond cool.
• The massive amount of unlockable moves and abilities upgrading Alex.
• Storyline was laid out in an interesting way.
• Come on this guy has to be modeled after Angry Joe: Dark, Bad Ass Leather Jack with White Stripes, Anti-hero. I read ya Radical, thanks for the homage! *wink*
What you’ll Hate:
• No Multiplayer at all.
• Towards the game the difficulty can become frustrating.
• The City could use more Life – and (excluding a few) side missions were a bore.
Excellent (8s are excellent games that are well worth your time and cash. While the game may have a few drawbacks, they aren’t anything that would hold you back recommending this one to friends.)
Special Thanks to:
Who donated using the donation button at the top of the site! He helped cover the production costs of this particular video and the bad ass Alex Mercer Costume! Remember its your donations that keep our show going strong! They go directly to the video, game, and costumes which helps improve our quality!
Help support the show, Angry Players!
Penny Arcade Prototype Homage – Karate Kicking Helicopters!
Just the Parodies Joe: Prototype