The Short Version: With interesting enemies, an involving story, solid characters, improved gameplay and a few new features Mass Effect 2 finally becomes that Premium Franchise. The Game helps solidify Bioware’s position as the “PIXAR” of the Western RPG. While not as perfect as some may think, ME2 well earns its place among your games library.
What you’ll Like:
• 30 Hours+ of Content worth every penny of the purchase price!
• Improvements on just about every aspect of the original game.
• Great New Additions like the Galaxy Map, Planet Probing, Tech Lab, and Armor Customization.
• Character Specific “Loyalty” Quests are as strong as the Main Story itself and help build attachment to your team.
• Choices during play have weight and consequences in the end-game survival of your party.
• Combat Gameplay Improved over the original with added Ammo & Heavy weapons systems.
What you’ll Hate:
• Party AI is questionable at times.
• Class Restrictions on weapons piss me off.
• Galaxy feels a bit empty without space-traffic and random encounters on Galaxy Map.
• Scanning planets mini-game gets old quickly and is far too slow.
• Cerberus Network Bullshit (An attack on Used Game Buyers – unable to download “free content” without a fee)
*Mass Effect 2 came very close to our first 10/10 rating, however I felt it just needed one more thing to put it over the top – such as space battles, multiplayer modes, or some new memorable feature: I’m extremely excited to see what Bioware cooks up for the planned Mass Effect 3. And I’m fairly certain the franchise wont end there.
Issue your own Final Score Above!Mass Effect 2 Review,