The Short Version: While Blood Bowl is a faithful recreation of the boardgame, ultimately it feels like a budget title that you wont play for long. Its made worse by the fact that the Xbox 360 version is gutted sorry excuse for a port and without online leagues! If your interested in blood bowl, only consider the PC version but better yet, seek out the board game!
Blood Bowl Angry Review
What you’ll Like:
• The Turn-Based Mode is a faithful 100% recreation of the board game.
• Interesting seeing all the animations that you envisioned in your head playing the board game.
• The offline campaign has all the bells and whistles, sponsorship, cheerleaders, team management – Too bad its a bore to play.
What you’ll Hate:
• The game feels like an Xbox Live Arcade title masquerading as a Full Retail Release. Not worth the $40.
• Online Leagues in the Xbox 360 Version have been Stripped out of the game. Your stats, upgrades, and progressions do not carry over into other matches at all.
• The “Real-Time” mode is a mess, whats the point? Its essentially a “pause-able” turn-based mode, without turnovers – I liked the effort to Innovate but It wasn’t executed. Why not try “real” football as in Mutant League?
• Poor Customization options for your team (only two team colors; blue and red – and you cant even choose!).
• Commentary gets annoying after the first hour of play, with no volume control and lacking video/audio options in pause menu.
A Worthless Insult
The Board Game: 8/10
A Recommended Great Game!
Issue your own Final Score Above!
*Note this episode had a small error in the size of my “Telecaster”. Some of you may know my PC had crashed twice in the past week, I was able to recover this file with the help of the Angry Joe TechDivision! (my computer-smart followers over twitter/facebook), this was the only version that was recoverable, but its sure is better than it being lost forever. Big Thanks to you guys!