The Short Version: Dragon Age Awakening is more of the same fun in the original game. Which is also the problem, its unchanged, unimproved and has to rely solely on its strength of characters and premise. Whats more the Expansion clocks in at only 13 hours in a regular paced play through. At $40 it doesnt do enough to earn its title or its price for anyone but Hardcore Dragon Age Junkies.
What you’ll Like:
• While not as Epic as the Main game Storyline, the plot keeps you engaged.
• The humor and charm of the first game is still present and welcome.
• Oghren is Back as a playable party member!
• Directing Repairs, Troop security and War Strategies as a Lord & Warden Commander was nail-biting.
What you’ll Hate:
• The $40 Expansion is only 13 hours on a regular paced playthrough.
• The storyline leaves alot of questions unanswered, likely cheaply setting up another full retail expansion.
• Annoyingly Impossible Difficultly spikes pulls you out of the experience and into the options menu for adjusting.
• Choosing New Character over Imported is pointless as the warden doesnt have an origin story as in the first game.
An Average Expansion
Issue your own Final Score Above!Dragon Age Awakening Expansion review,