The Short Version: Risen is an incredibly long and boring RPG that is damn near torture for any sane person to play (on Xbox 360). Only Hardcore RPG’ers willing to forgive a list of bugs, glitches and poor design choices a mile long need apply. Why anyone would subjugate themselves to Navigating an unforgivably backward-ass Map & Quest Interface in this Grindfest – that on occasion looks as if it was developed in 1999, for little to no reward is beyond me. Especially when there are far superior RPG choices out there. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this one! Or at least wait for a bargain bin price to satisfy your morbid curiosity.
The Video Review:
What you’ll Like:
• Massive amount of Content, over 60+hours, but will you even want to play through it all?
• Surprising amount of Dialogue, and your main character has a voice, I like that fact.
• Some of the Spells are fun for a few minutes.
What you’ll Hate:
• Its Incredibly Boring throughout the entire game – No real “Epic feeling moments”.
• Awful Interface. Map & quest screens are nearly useless and buried under too many button presses.
• The game is filled with Broken Quests, Glitches, Bugs, and Framerate hitches (every time you kill an enemy). Unforgivable.
• Combat is underwhelming – Block, mash button, Push enemy up against wall, block, mash button. Rinse Repeat.
• Crude graphics and Pathetically Sloppy Textures.
Issue your own Final Score Above!Risen Review,