The Short Version: Just Cause 2 was a game I didn’t want to play. I thought Just Cause was boring and had little hope for this sequel. I was wrong. This turned out to be one of the most fun open-world games i’ve ever played and I’m proud to say that Rico Rodriguez can now take his place among legitimate Hispanic Heroes. Avalanche studios have taken everything fun about the original – cut the boring crap out and refined the crazy parachute & grapple hook features. Well done!
The Video Review:
What you’ll Like:
• Impressive Graphics for such a large open-world game.
• Grapple hook and parachuting around is incredibly satisfying.
• Story & Faction Missions are interesting & creative.
• Fun hidden locations throughout the Islands.
• One of the more enjoyable open world games on the next-gen consoles.
What you’ll Hate:
• The Checkpoint system needs to be improved to include auto-saving after long trips.
• The Voice Acting ranges from passable to laughably terrible.
• The game area might actually be a bit too large, could have been slightly more focused.