Predators Movie Review
Short Version: Predators is finally a step in the right direction after decade of this franchise being lost in the dark. Its entertaining, wont do anything to piss off hardcore predator fans, but ultimately by the end I can’t help but wonder what the point of this particular story was? Its time to expand on the source material, this is a good first step but only just.
What you’ll Like:
• One of my beloved franchises has finally been done justice! This feels like a Predator film should.
• Tension is tight as they keep from showing the predator hunters until the second act.
• Interesting dynamic with two predator factions (that is unfortunately not explored)
• Laurence Fishburne (who is sadly underused)
• Best Moment: The Yakuza on Predator Sword Fight.
What you’ll Hate:
• Average characters and dialogue in a movie supposed to be driven by bad ass personality. Nothing Quotable here.
• Devolves into predictable cliches during the last act.
• Cop-out Lazy Ending that sets up a sequel.
• Basically remade the original. Without Arnold it couldn’t have possibly lived up to it.
• This franchise needs to dive into its source material and wow us next time around or it will quickly devolve to AVP levels of disappointment.
Slightly Above Average!