Short Version: Risk: Factions puts a great spin on the classic by introducing some fun and wacky animated character factions! The game injects new life into an old classic making it easily the best version of Risk since Risk 2210 A.D. It’s a shame though, that the single-player story mode is limited to a short tutorial campaign. Only consider purchasing this if you plan to play a few games online or hotseat with friends on a game night with some beers and pretzels.
What you’ll Like:
• Fun and Imaginative character Factions each more insane than the last!
• Best Version of Risk aside from Risk 2210 A.D. (The Board Game)
• The Fun Battle Animations between Cats, Robots, Zombies, Soldiers and Yeti’s!
• Including Hotseat Multiplayer and The Full Classic Risk.
• Battles Spiced up with Capture-able Missile Islands, Volcano’s, Dams, and Evil Temple’s.
• Best Part: As Generalissimo Meow, building a HUGE Army of 36 Cat Troops and carving a path of destruction littered with furballs, vomit, and well, cat-litter.
What you’ll Hate:
• THAT’S IT? Seriously short and disappointing “Singleplayer Story” Length. I WANT MORE ANIMATIONS! =(
• Underneath all the New Animated Hotness its still Basically Risk, so expect some Randomness at times.
• Worst Part: When I realized there were no more funny animations to watch after only 1-2 Hours of playing.