Short Version: Its amazing how little effort went into this sequel to the notorious and mediocre Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. A unique visual style cannot mask a boring, aimless, and insultingly short story (4-5 hours) that has one of the worst endings in recent memory. The best part of the game is still the fragile alliance multiplayer mode but even that is just a carry over from the original game back in 2007. This game is just plain Lazy and doesn’t care in the slightest to offer anything new or even interesting.
What you’ll Like:
• The hand-held digital camera style visuals lend to a unique realism.
• There’s lots of shooting if your a fan of constant shootouts without any breaks or story bits.
• Best Part: Undercover Cop and Fragile Alliance multiplayer modes (both nearly the same thing).
What you’ll Hate:
• Insultingly short game length at 4-5 hours.
• An ending that makes the whole story feel pointless – probably setting up some DLC B.S.
• Why are shotguns better than any other type of weapon? No grenades?
• Boring drab locations that feel nearly the same the entire game.
• Stiff and plastic looking character models with average graphics made worse by intentional video artifacts.
• Some serious opportunities were passed up by not exploring Lynch’s Psychotic tendencies as a unique game mechanic.
• Worst Part: Realizing that naked over weight men running through the streets is the “unique feature” of this game as opposed to a full weapon customization or more varied mission types.