Short Version: Monday Night Combat is one of the Best Summer of Arcade Games for 2010, the strategy elements alone make this title more addicting than your standard shooters. Unfortunately its light on game modes and could use a more substantial tutorial, but whats here is detailed and well balanced, an excellent first effort that only needs a few more additions.
What you’ll Like:
• The graphics, animations and art Style look great.
• Good amount of class variety with 6 professions each with their own upgrades and abilities.
• More strategy elements than your standard shooter – building, upgrading protecting turrets while escorting your bots to victory.
• Local and Online Co-op, Party Lobbies and Local Guest accounts that can play split screen with you in Crossfire mode.
• Best Part: Dominating with a fully upgraded support class – Calling down airstrikes, laying firebases, sucking the life out of enemies while overcharging and healing my teammates.
What you’ll Hate:
• Only 2 game modes, Blitz and Crossfire on maps that feel relatively identical.
• Needs a more substantial tutorial mode.
• Why does this league only have 2 teams? Additional teams with some unique abilities or styles would have been great.
• Worst Part: Realizing the Life and Energy in the Trailers aren’t in the game. No Story Mode.