The Expendables Review
For a film that could have gotten so many things wrong The Expendables Delivers on its promise! An action spectacle with a star studded cast of the past and present doing what they do best. While it can’t live up to the films of the golden age of action (80s), it still delivers in all the ways that ultimately count.
What you’ll Like:
• An Amazing roster of some of my favorite action stars ever and some new guys I freaking love like Jason Statham and Terry Crews!
• The hand to hand combat in the film was better than expected – everyone fought in their own style and it made for these larger than life epic beatdowns.
• The massive climactic end battle where the Expendables team fights damn near the entire island’s army.
• For coming from much different types of action films, all the stars worked well together and had great chemistry.
• Best Part: Terry Crew’s Sexy Girlfriend! =) You’ll understand when you see the movie.
What you’ll Hate:
• Arnold is only in it for a few minutes. (Please make an Expendables 2 with him on the team!)
• Why exactly did General Garza even need the American Monroe, so that the film had a more well known bad guy?
• Garza needed more heavy hitters than just Steve Austin and some British dude, they had no chance!
• Needs more Terry Crews!
• Worst Part: When scouting the island, Stallone and Jason manage to kill a truck load of armed soldiers who had them at gun point without a shot fired – that’s a bit TOO much like the chessy 80s action films. Less of that more of the rest of the film.