Short Version: Civilization V is like crack cocaine for Empire Building Fans. The “Just One More Turn” mentatity took a strong hold over me and I ended up having a 16-hour long session. All of the Improvements to the Interface, the streamlining to the micromanagement, and the new improved combat mechanics make this game far more accessible than its predecessors. If you’re a fan of Boardgames this is a must-buy!
What you’ll Like:
• Did I mention this game was Addicting? The stories build themselves!
• The Interface is very easy to understand with multiple views (global & city tile), feels like a great board game!
• New Hexes and Combat Systems add both depth and fun back into a dry formula.
• Amazing Soundtrack that never gets old.
• Best Part: When you crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women!
What you’ll Hate:
• Diplomacy A.I. is a little weak.
• Online Multiplayer feels incomplete and is much less of an experience without unit combat animations.
• Worst Part: On ocassion with a bad build, poor setup or mismanagement games can drag on and become borefests – its best to know when one is developing an bail to create a fresh game.