Short Version: Comic Jumper is one of the funniest games on XBLA! And every bit as crazy in the head as Angry Joe. Even though the game can be frustratingly difficult – its well worth the effort for all of the fresh and creative ideas scattered throughout. It’s an easy buy at $15 on its story, jokes, catchy songs and unlockable extras alone.
What you’ll Like:
• Extremely Fresh and Creative with plenty of 4th wall breaking parodies
• Great voice work and original songs
• Having 4 different comic worlds each with their own art styles is a nice mechanic
• The twist at the end is sufficiently “Twisted” =)
• Best Part: How the game has fun with itself and gets the developers involved.
What you’ll Hate:
• The difficulty feels cheap because of a lack of Health powerups.
• Enemy spawn waves seem to be padding out the game towards the end instead of actually adding anything.
• Its best to play this game spaced out over a few days as Smiley and Star’s bickering can get old if you play all the way through.
• Worst Part: Gerda is annoying as hell. She wont shut the bleep up about my health meter