Short Version: HAWX 2 makes some improvements over the original and boasts great mission variety. Unfortunately, a few of the new missions are borefests – combine that with a paper-thin cliched story and the game fails to be compelling enough for anyone other than fans of the genre.
What you’ll Like:
• Great amount of mission variety here, the objectives never get repetitive!
• Thank you for the Take-off & Landing Mechanics but this should have been in the first game.
• Easy to get into with an Arcade feel.
• 4 player co-op is a lot of fun if you can find willing and suitable players.
• Best Part: The Russian Mission that has you ambushed while attacking bombers.
What you’ll Hate:
• The Missions are a mixed bag, some dull, others exciting. Overall though, the game never seems to kick it into high gear.
• The Advanced Camera mode is nearly impossible to dogfight with, what’s its purpose?
• The competitive multiplayer is disappointing. Near broken.
• Worst Part: Having to fight 12 enemy aces by yourself – turns into a frustrating merry go round.
HAWX 2 Review,