Short Version: Kinect Sports is an incredibly fun sports compilation game and the best of its kind from the Kinect Launch Titles, however all of the special requirements; Hardware, room space, and physical activity limits its replayability a bit. With the right friends and environment though, Kinect Sports accomplishes its goal if only just.
What you’ll Like:
• The Track And Field Games (especially the sprinting)
• Get a work out while playing fun mini-games!
• The videos that play after each event of your performance are always hilarious!
• On Professional and Champion difficulty levels the AI provides a surprising and tense challenge.
• Best Part: Sprinting & Hurdles are too much fun and quite a workout!
What you’ll Hate:
• Boxing is a let down, whoever throws the most punches non-stop wildly will win every time.
• I feel like there could have been a few more sport events.
• Singleplayer isn’t much fun in these types of games
• Worst Part: The disconnect between trying to perform “virtual” moves vs. the actual moves such as discus, sprinting, etc. It never feels like you are in complete control.
Slightly Above Average