• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Is Spike's VGA's good or bad   93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's good or bad

• Yes, it's a good show.
    • No, it's a mainstream joke.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

143 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of the VGA's, as its coming Dec 3. List some pros and cons.

Pros:

It shows new releases and trailers.

It allows people to vote.

Cons:

It is a mainstream joke that caters to the casual gamers.

The categories are mostly the same, with similar games in each.

( Personal reason ) They put Battlefield 4 in the best pc category, along with only indie games.  

Bimpy782 and rairoken16 like this

Do gamers even care about the spikes vga at this point? I'm sure they just watch the exclusive trailers and move on after that joke of an awards show.

rairoken16 likes this

I think the only thing you watch the new VGA awards is because they have a few solid announce trailers. Of course you can just wait the following day and check youtube :)

It is only good for the the trailers. Everything else is an absolute joke, almost insulting. Hosted by a bunch of fools and the featured awards are so dumb.

I've never watched or paid any attention to them.

LoneWolf likes this

The only good that comes from it is the trailers.

After attempting to watch this ONE time, I learned my lesson. I now wait until the trailers are available online then I watch them there. I cannot stand this popularity contest that use actors/actresses that ARE NOT gamers in any way, shape, or form. Most of the games that are pitched for the awards are head scratchers.

rairoken16 and hornedturtle like this

I'm happy to see in the poll that almost all of AJ's viewers are more educated than to eat the BS Spike's VGAs try to feed them. Then again, we're smart enough to listen to Joe, and not the bribed-up reviews of IGN and Game Informer.

Sigma081 likes this

Hm, I don't know. This year games aren't half bad, plenty of indie games, which is great in my opinion, cause the studios and their games can get some spotlight on them. And besides, the quality of all those AAA titles, especially the ones with dozens of sequels, is steady and enjoyable, but they don't bring anything new, they are just recycling old gameplays, throw in few innovations that matter only in this one game and voila. While the indie games are tremendously innovative, even the flash ones (and sometimes especially them) and they prove that it's not only about graphics and high budget, that good game doesn't have to be manufactured like all those FPS games that sell millions of copies and eeryone knows about which ones I'm talking about ;)

But that was somewhat off-topic. VGAs suck for being this mainstream circle jerk of bribed journalists. Period. It's flawed on oh-so-many-levels, only one decent being considering Stanley Parable as the best PC game, it rarely happens that the indie game gets that much attention. But still, I'd rather have Machinima deliver my trailers, thank you very much. And how could they not give Nolan North even a nomination for voice acting? Guy's so damn fun.

Spike used to be a great channel, and the VGA's were ok, but then... hype and fanboyisms took over. Too much "Hey, this game is great because it's pleh!" and not enough honest "Holy crap man, why did this escape QC?!?! Add in the skin, and nope, I'm out. If I want to watch scantily clad women parade around an altar of worship, I'll go check out the local Pagan's rituals Friday nights.

rairoken16 likes this

yeah there a joke i wouldn't say mainstream i would just say bought out and who ever bribes them enough wins the section so we will see alot of cod and halo $ i mean halo 4 win alot of the game of the year sections 

Spike VGAs are a goddamn joke, always have always will. What half-witted moron(s) would nominate that broken shooter Betafi...I mean Battlefield 4 as best shooter?

What we need is a REAL VGA with REAL gaming celebrities and well known figures (IE Joe, Yatzee, Jim, etc) that would blow Spike out of the water tenfold.

I've never watched or paid any attention to them.

I second his motion.

The only thing I love to see live is the E3. Especially this years edition was awesome, the announcement of the next gen (FINALLY, should have arrived way earlier). 

I'm happy to see in the poll that almost all of AJ's viewers are more educated than to eat the BS Spike's VGAs try to feed them. Then again, we're smart enough to listen to Joe, and not the bribed-up reviews of IGN and Game Informer.

True the VGX seems like a stupid event to give awards and others like IGN and Gamespot are reviewers just give a lame explanation on games. The only thing I plan see at VGX is Titan Fall, Quantum Break and other games for the future, and Uncharted 4.

Forgot to say the VGA just feel like a bitch slap to us gamers, because it is just a livestream dog show and guess who are the dogs, bribed and tricked reviewers who watch a shit load of crap that we didn't choose the only thing good about it is 1. Steven Ogg is a nominee, 2. they show demos and trailers so f*** this crap if you don't like bullshit, but if you want some news on games you want to see watch it    

Sigma081 likes this

You do know that Joe really hates VGA...right? 

VGA is a joke since nominations are based on demographic targeting, and oh snap, Mountain Dew and Doritos advertisements. Lets bring corny jokes and failed comedy sketches with it too. 

Forgot to mention the other reason I hate the VGA's. The hosts. There all celebrates, like why in the hell did Samuel L. Jackson host last year? not saying he's a bad actor, but putting actors in a GAMING award show is like painters hosting a cooking award show, it makes NO sense. I mean, have some game devs, voice actors, hell even through in youtube and magazine video game reviews for Christ's sake. But no, that won't rake in the views. Funny thing is I heard they arn't going to be shown on Spike but streamed online. Hopefully this is the last and we can strike this from the history books.

You do know that Joe really hates VGA...right? 

VGA is a joke since nominations are based on demographic targeting, and oh snap, Mountain Dew and Doritos advertisements. Lets bring corny jokes and failed comedy sketches with it too. 

Yeah, I was re-watching his rants about them last night before I got on here. Can't believe I used to like it back in the day. But that was the time i liked COD, so I try to forget those days :)

I find that it is a good show even when the awards are a joke. I've watched it for a few years now for the show they put up and the trailers.

the only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't take itself seriously. it's like a train wreck, tragic but fascinating and you cant look away. i could care less about the award winners, nominees and hosts. everything else like surprise announcements and world premieres are the best part.

Nasty Note likes this

Somebody needs to stream the Game Developers Choice Awards sometime. I know I'd watch that, and not this shit.

Do gamers even care about the spikes vga at this point? I'm sure they just watch the exclusive trailers and move on after that joke of an awards show.

thats exactly what everyone does actually  xD  . your right on the money.