• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drunkcrusader

ps3 still worth it?

12 posts in this topic

i got ps4, and 360 but i was thinking about getting a ps3 for the exclusives i missed like GOW 3, Killzone trilogy, last of us ect anyone think that it is still worth getting? 

of course it's worth it... i believe ps3 now has last of us bundle.  You can probably get most of your money back by reselling on ebay.  I don't know about other games..but Last of Us is a MUST play game.  It's the BEST zombie game released so far.. do you need more reason then that?

Drunkcrusader likes this

of course it's worth it... i believe ps3 now has last of us bundle.  You can probably get most of your money back by reselling on ebay.  I don't know about other games..but Last of Us is a MUST play game.  It's the BEST zombie game released so far.. do you need more reason then that?

I support this ^^ when it comes to how good TLOU is. I don't know how many times I've stated this on these forums, but I love TLOU so much. I'm going to purchase Beyond: Two Souls as well.

Are the exclusives worth getting a ps3 for? I'd say so, if you have the spare money. But then again I don't know too much about how the backwards compatibility works on the ps4, so if you can get the games you want on the ps4 then I wouldn't purchase a ps3 (If you don't know much about the backwards compatability then I'd suggest looking into that). If not though, then you could just get a ps3 when price drops... it's all up to you of course.

Just throwing out suggestions. The games for ps3 are fantastic.

Drunkcrusader likes this

When it comes to questions like this (for PS3 or 360), I say the same thing: Look at the games available, and ask yourself: "Would I play these games over playing on the next-gen consoles?"

While next-gen is all pretty and new right now, there's honestly scarce offerings out there when it comes to game collections - you'd be lucky to fill a line on your shelf with all the games released for the platforms on the moment. Meanwhile, PS3 and 360 still have an extensive backlog of games available, with both companies offering free games for their premium subscribers to their services (PS+ and XBL Gold, respectively) and a selection of free-to-play games you can simply play upon connecting to the internet and downloading. It's also the last generation to support (somewhat meekly) backwards compatibility: PS3 would support PS1 titles (not PS2, strangely, but they have released HD collections of some titles such as Ratchet & Clank, Ico, etc.) and 360 would play Xbox Originals (provided you have a hard drive, which is common nowadays with their consoles).

Ultimately, it is your choice, and with a lot of attention on next-gen, you could be able to get a second-hand 'last-gen' console for less than retail price if you look a little, but if you're worried that you won't have enough games to be playing before you find a big title for the next generation to consume your free time with, it's definitely an option worth considering.

Drunkcrusader and Knock like this

Try borrowing one from a friend who gets a next gen console.  Last of Us alone is at least worth getting it lended to you.

Drunkcrusader likes this

I would suggest to get it via sales only. I think it is worth buying since Sony haven't said any date for PS3 streaming service.

May be it will get discounted again during Christmas sales !

However, I suggest to play on rental because you need to play only PS3 exclusives :3 

Drunkcrusader likes this

Well since you can't play ps3 games on the ps4 and you would like to play something like The last of us, then yeah you need a ps3 for that.

Drunkcrusader likes this

I bought a PS3 last week and I believe it was definitely worth the purchase, was only £200 and I got AC4 free with the console so seemed like a pretty good deal.

Plus all the free games you get from PS plus is awesome.

Drunkcrusader likes this

yes its worth it cause of games like the last of us and uncharted and the god of war games and many more so if you can find it at a good price try to get it