• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Helios

Star bound anyone?

31 posts in this topic

Just got starbound but won't be able to play till a little late, im also looking for a group to play with. Also tell me what you guys think of the game and what not!

I've been playing it since it's "release" on steam. I gatta say, I'm greatly enjoying my time with it thus far. Yeah, things need to be tweaked and fixed and what-not, but... Beta is beta. As far as stage 1 betas go, I must say it's pretty good. Fairly solid gameplay. Best played with friends. ;)

Might not seem like theres a lot of content right now, but Tiy (dev) is ganna be adding tons more stuff, and providing daily updates, so he promises. Tonight (sunday) he should be releasing a pretty major patch. Well.. Either tonight or tomorrow night. Also, character wipe will be in effect once that patch hits. So, go nuts! If you would like some more intel or have questions, feel free to message me here or on steam.

Helios likes this

Tempted to give this one a try certainly looks quite good and like you say will be a laugh with some friends

Been following this game for months now so I was pretty damn stoked when the beta was released. I've been loving every second of my time with it so far. Logged 27 hours on it already, it's that hard to put down. I think I could write a book on the reasons why I love this game, and it's only in early beta. 

I'd have to agree.. It's such a charming lil game, with so much to offer. Though, you really gatta enjoy this style of game. I started playing last night with a friend, and I only just now got off of it... Yet, still willing to dive back in. It's a very addictive game.. Be sure you have food and drinks around you, cus you won't be getting up anytime soon. ;P

Kinda interesting though, if you're in a server with friends, but don't group with them.. You can travel the entire game, and never see them once.. Makes me wonder of multiplayer dedicated server potential.. I hear talk of space stations used as hubs that may be implemented in the full release.

Wow some of the stuff you guys said sounds awesome. I'll be jumping in tonight myself can't wait to see its potential.

Zaggaroth Ernaga likes this

I bought it yesterday so i need to learn and i want to play with some other people.

I'm currently on top of the fence on either to buy it now or buy it later. This game looks a lot better than Terraria and I played a bit on a friend's computer. The game is fantastic, it was everything I pretty much wanted from Terraria or a sequel. Usually it's better to hold off a purchase till it is out of beta and into a actual release, but I can't help the temptation. I heard the bugs are pretty annoying (obvious since it's beta). 

I'm currently on top of the fence on either to buy it now or buy it later. This game looks a lot better than Terraria and I played a bit on a friend's computer. The game is fantastic, it was everything I pretty much wanted from Terraria or a sequel. Usually it's better to hold off a purchase till it is out of beta and into a actual release, but I can't help the temptation. I heard the bugs are pretty annoying (obvious since it's beta). 

Well, you'll keep the game once it's out of beta, so I'd say that if you liked it enough, you should totally get it now. Hell, you'd be helping the developers by reporting bugs and whatnot, and it is my opinion that actually seeing a game growing, having bugs fixed, and generally getting better with time is really cool.

My copy is downloading as we speak. I had been following the game during development, and I really like the overal design and setting. I mean, their robot race is stuck in medieval times, that is both silly and clever. In any case, looking forward to playing it.

yea considering if one was to make a dedicated server that could house more then 100+ players(if that's even possible)....it could (in theory) become an mmo considering how large the alpha sector alone is you could go the whole game without meeting someone, its interesting to say the least

Defo getting this but are you guys willing to get a nice little exploration/wrecking crew going?

I'd be down to join that crew. :) I can be found in the Starbound TS server if anyone is interested in getting the ball rolling.

i'm really enjoying my time playing the game i'm really going to get some shit for this but the game reminds of terraria my steam name is bonemark if you want someone to play with

I don't think you'd get trash for that, Starbound is made by some of the same people who made Terraria. Tiyuri happens to be the artist for Terraria if I'm correct, an he's the lead dev for this game.

I sent you a friend request on steam, let's see if we can set something up. :)

It is great game, from what I have seen and heard, it should cost more than 15$.

But sadly I am way in debt so I cannot afford it..

I'm going to buy Starbound today, I would love to join you guys for any game session :D add me on Steam.

Xero likes this

just added most of you on steam :)

3 hours in and I already got my first boss kill. It feels so much like terraria, to the point where it's easy to dominate over almost everything.

Starbound is a great game and love it. Have been working with the small modding community that have been formed and worked on a lot of small stuff. Having great feeling we will see something similarity to Minecraft with great modding community in the future.

all i want is to play this game! but alas the unwillingness to buy a unfinished game with money i don't have is to strong!

all i want is to play this game! but alas the unwillingness to buy a unfinished game with money i don't have is to strong!

Respect that. The game is still fare from finnish and you will probably have fun with it, but there is no need for rush :=)

Well, think of it this way... Once you buy it, even in beta, you own it.. So when the game goes full release, you'll still own it.

On a side note, anyone know how many people can be in one server? it'd be cool if we could ALL join in one and go space spelunking!

(with a side of mayhem and carnage that will probably doom us all, and result in "space monster falling from vent, not all of your crew made it back" )

Loving the game so far. Gotten to tier 4 and got myself a diamond drill.

just got it been playing it non stop! add me guys!"