• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nyrsis

TERA: Rising

39 posts in this topic

I would like to submit TERA: Rising mainly because of its gameplay. Where most MMOs go wrong, this gets it just right. The combat is live-action and requires timing instead of that press 1 or 2 and watch an animation system that (nearly) every other MMO uses. Visual it's really good and still runs smooth. It also has a detailed guild/clan system. This game has certainly held my attention longer than any other MMO I've played - I actually like it better than GW2. I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet.

Pros:

-Great combat system

-Detailed guilds with a lot of options

-Big Ass Monsters (BAMs)

-Good visuals and well optimized

-Fun dungeons with well designed bosses and enemies

-Great classes,races, and customization options

-Free

Cons:

-Leveling can take some time, expect grinding

-It has micro-transactions (though mainly for aesthetics)

-The install size is freaking massive (about 30GB for me)

-Questing has the typical issues like fetch quests etc

All in all this game is really great and a good fit for an online community to play together. After writing this I'm really in the mood to play. Check out some screen shots online if you've never played before!

IjWolverineSIoH and Sol Omega like this

I played it. Me and my friend even made our guild. It has interesting areas, different combat  system from wow, It's more reaction based I would say but that makes it more fun for some and also the game even shows you what spells (I'm a sorceror) work very well with others. It's an interesting game at least I think AJSA members should try it (those that like MMO's :D)

I havent played in yonks, but I had some good memories in that game. Got 4 or so friends to play with me.  I even own a guild that protests against pegasuses (Pegasi?)

Good game.

Funny I find this thread.. I was a beta tester for Tera, it was pretty fun. I actually just started playing it again two days ago. I'm not that high level, 12 or 13. I play an Archer, and I gatta say.. It's one of the more enjoyable ranged combat mechanics I've seen in a while, and I normally don't play ranged. :P I'd love to get a group of friends and go bash some skulls in.

love the game... i have alot of major lag issues though, also their severs are crap too. took me 3 dam days to install the game going under 50kbps.(i have great internet 54mbps) ill still play the game though its fun as hell! (hell aint fun but you get the meaning... well, its fun in doom 3 but thats the only exeption!)

The installation takes FUCKING FOREVER. i might not have the best internet. 

I can dowload most games okay quickly, but this just kills all the net. 

it has taken me 2+ days (+ because its not done yet)

Yea, the install size is huge, even for a game of this type. That's why I decided to add it to the cons. But once you have it installed, it's totally worth the waiting and frustration. 

The problem I had with that was that if i was gonna make it look any way near acceptable the fps would tank hard xD MAYBE it was because I was at least 30 drivers back then, hey maybe I'll give it another shot.

Yea, the install size is huge, even for a game of this type. That's why I decided to add it to the cons. But once you have it installed, it's totally worth the waiting and frustration. 

nah i gave up on installing it, because it just loops the installation process

im in! tera is a great fast paced mmo :D. just wished that the pvp for the game were ALOT better though :/

im in! tera is a great fast paced mmo :D. just wished that the pvp for the game were ALOT better though :/

It's already good and it will get more patches soon. The PVP activity on a server depends very much on what server you're playing on.

Firstly, the population of the server is something that matters a lot and secondly, the kind of server; PVP or PVE.

I'm playing on Arcadia, a PVE-EN server (on EU Tera) and pvp here worked for a while. Now it's dead. Why? Because it's a PVE server, not PVP. Lots of pvpers are jumping to Killian which is a PVP server. The PVP activity there is ALWAYS active although if you go there undergeared you are instantly DEAD. As much as skill matters in Tera, dodging and aiming-wise, if you don't have a good weapon you'll never kill someone with a good armor, it's as simple as that. Strikeforce (Cruel Conjunct) +12 should do the job for you if you can't be bothered to farm for VM2.

---

I recommend this game for everyone out there who enjoys a rather skill-based game. If you're not willing to put hours into your PVP training and some more hours into PVE party/raid coordination to clear the hardest dungeons, you may not like this game. 

If anyone is interested in joining on Arcadia, english european server, let me know and I shall help you as long as you don't decide to quit after 15 levels. 

I HATE the leveling myself, don't ask me how I got through it, especially back in the day when I was playing (after it went free-to-play) because it was MUCH harder back then. Leveling is easier now, there's a ton of things you get and you can do to level up faster but still, I can't be bothered to level up my alt simply because I hate the leveling system. If you do it with a friend/guild, it's much more pleasant though.

Good news for people who hate leveling: A Rookie server will be soon introduced on KTERA (korean tera, the original tera, NA and EU teras are just ported versions) which means we're looking at a couple of months before an introduction on NA and EU Teras - this server features very easy leveling up to lv59 (60 being max) and at lv59 you must choose another server to play on, a real server. You get to keep everything that you had there. This makes it a lot more easier for creating alts or just giving the end-game a shot. Although some people dislike this idea because you won't put too much effort into leveling now, I'd say it's quite useful for some of us.

The big thing about this game is that it gets massive content updates every now and then (a couple of times a year + tons of smaller patches).

Downside is that NA and EU are getting it slower than KTera.

I may have forgotten to mention some stuff but that always happens to me ^^. Give this game a shot, if you can get to the end-game, it'll be worth it.

Nyrsis likes this

I'd support this. I really enjoy this game so far.

And really? Days to download? You guys streaming or torrenting crap? Or do you have AT&T?

Shadowsedge117 likes this

I'd support this. I really enjoy this game so far.

And really? Days to download? You guys streaming or torrenting crap? Or do you have AT&T?

no just left the pc alone with only the Tera downloader running

That sucks.

yup 

Maybe it's just a problem with the EU hosting company, it downloaded just fine from En-Masse. Of course if you're in the EU, you're stuck with the EU hosts, unless you use a VPN I'd imagine. Mind you if you do that then the lag/latency could get to be a different problem all together.

Angry Joe said that he personally "LOVES" Tera. I'm surprised that isn't an instant stamp of approval.

Albeit I just found that out in his most recent video.

I enjoyed TERA greatly before it went F2P, didnt really have any friends so interest dwindled for me, but if the AJSA moves forward into this I would so be there.

I played this game, and I loved it, it has one of the best combat systems I've ever seen, I would love to play with AJSA

I like it, I play it, and would be willing to do stuff with the Angry Army.

I play Tera as well and this game absolutely has my vote. I am on the Celestial Hills server my 2 characters are Elinu.Rage a LvL 32 sorcerer and Elinu.Valkyrie a LvL 28 Slayer I'd like to team up for raids or whatever together. If you're on a different server I can create and alt there as well most likely a priest or mystic so I get in on that healing action.

IjWolverineSIoH likes this

While it would be nice to see this happen, at the same time with everyone split across at least two different publishers (the North American one, and the European one), and multiple servers on each, I don't think it will work out.

this game is just the best one of the type i been lookin for and thought there isn't such a game like that this game is just awesome unlike others games if your lvl is high you win but this game if you don't work your brain you will die like not being the max lvl mean you the most OP and nothing the game has to beat you cuz game has alot mechanics in it's dungeons if you don't work with your team and evade the attacks well you will die like in dungeon called wonderholme the hard mode of it there (this is dungeon is 10man dungeon-raid dungeon) at 13% of the final boss hp he get shield and he start doing aoe attacks that will wipe the whole the raid unless you split in groups like 4 ppl will be breaking statues to give the raid a buff that last 10 seconds enough to hold the boss attack 1 time then we go break another statue for more time while the other 6 ppl are breaking the boss shield so they can kill him and that just small example, there is alot stuff there that it's a ton of fun

i have alot of lvl60 characters and i also own a guild, i play in EU tera btw and really would like to see this game supported by ajsa

and about the versions of eu and na they both blocked some countries so if we check who has the more countries available to play at then we go with (i personally i want the eu version to be supported xD but still if the na version got supported im still cool with it i just want to see the ajsa in action, i couldn't play the na version cuz they blocked my country...well they blocked the whole middle east for god know why but when i first saw the game i downloaded the eu version so good for me :P

also here is the list of ip blocked in both versions:

Tera EU:

Azerbaijan,Armenia,Kazakhstan,Belarus,Kyrgyzstan,Moldova, Republic Of Russian Federation,Tajikistan,Ukraine,Taiwan,China,Hongkong,Korea,Indonesia,Malaysia,Philippines,Singapore

Tera NA:

whole Asia,whole Africa,the Middle East and they just few months ago accepted Russia

so i guess if most of us suited in EU or NA we go(Ktera isn't in the list cuz there is no english version of it i mean the whole game is in Korea language)

i couldn't play the na version cuz they blocked my country...well they blocked the whole middle east for god know why

For games like TERA which are released by various different companies in different countries, publishers purchase the licensing for the game for the areas they intent to release the game for, and would be required to block IPs from areas outside of the areas they have a license for. When that part isn't an issue companies may block IPs in other areas so they can provide better service for their intended customers, in their intended service area. If they are the owning company they may also do it so licensing it out to other companies in other areas could be more effective.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0