• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dumontrudisel

Call Of Duty: Why its so hated

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Call of Duty?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

99 posts in this topic

I love playing Call of Duty. Some of my most memorable moments happened while playing Black Ops 2 zombies with my bros. Its a fun game. So why is there so much hate around it? Haters call it repetitive, but the same could be said for Mario, Pokemon and a handful of other games. I dont get it. I honestly just believe the hate for it is bandwagoning. 

Fuck! likes this

I dont hate CoD, I think its become a emty husk of a game these days. 
They need to give the game a dev cycle that is atleast double from what it is now to make it decent again

Nymphonomicon and kprev like this

I don't hate COD even though wouldn't spend my 60 bucks on it

Any hate or love towards something can be attributed to "bandwagoning" at least a little, so that's not really a point worth bringing up. My hate (actually it's more discontent than hate) comes from the fact that it's a shooter that focuses on online play, or rather the new ones do. Online play isn't something I care about at all, thus I don't like the games that focus more on it.

Bahamut likes this

You could call it jumping on the bandwagon but some people dislike it for legitimate reasons.

Personally it brings nothing new to FPS games for me to enjoy it. Everything it does i've seen before. 

With regards to multiplayer, i'm not a fan of small scale fights. I prefer my Planetside 2 sized combat.

The community gets a bad press but it's the same as other communities. The problem with the CoD community is the idiots are vocal and damned irritating.

CoD isn't my kind of game. I tried it, didn't enjoy it. There is only so many times I can run the same maps killing the same people over and over again before moving on to the next map and killing yet another group before I get bored to tears. 

The single player campaigns take a couple of hours. Not worth paying for that alone and I don't play the multiplayer so CoD isn't worth my time or money.

They release "map packs" that people actually pay for.

John Riccitiello said once that if EA charged real money for reloads in Battlefield that people would pay for it. And therein lies my problem with all CoD and Battlefield fans. 

So eager to throw money at mediocrity they drag down gaming quality as a whole. 

I can't blame those fans alone, they are a part of a large problem but both CoD and BF have millions of fans so they are a large part of that large problem.

My step daughter plays Black Ops 2 but I refuse to buy her any DLC or add ons for it. 

Just incase anyone cries "source" for the Riccitiello comment....

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.354961-EA-John-Riccitiello-thinking-about-charging-money-for-bullets-in-games

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/EA-CEO-John-Riccitiello-Six-hours-into-playing-Battlefield-and/td-p/37282312

I only buy game every year because of my friends and always spend like 2 weeks playing with them and its really fun.

FPS games are being more focused on multiplayer now. The campaigns are VERY lackluster, both for Ghosts and Battlefield 4. For CoD specifically, the online community from years ago was garbage. But times have changed. In the hundreds of hours I spent on Black Ops 2 online, I have NEVER met any 12 year olds. I've met some AWESOME people to play with. People say CoD went to crap after World at War, which is total BS. Modern Warfare was a HUGE success, and MW2 was a perfect sequel. Black Ops brought a new generation of zombies and vietnam warfare. Then we get to MW3...which really was a bad game. Black Ops 2 gave CoD future warfare which was AWESOME. Ghosts brought in both a post apocalyptic campaign and Extermination. I fail to see how CoD is the same exact thing every year. Its really not. The only thing that hasnt really changed is shooting people. But how the hell do you be innovative with that? At least they try to, with new guns and all. I dont know a whole lot about Battlefield though. My honest opinion, if I want to go on a run and gun rampage, I'll play CoD. If i want to be in a game that encourages team play, I'll play Battlefield. Both have pros and cons

I'm not really sure how you can hate a video game, but alright.

It's just a bad game, frankly. That's about it.

LoneWolf likes this

I loved the old WII originals, and I was happy when it went to the Modern Warfare level. However, when I saw MW2 and it was basically the same game I just lost interest. Seeing game after game, with minimal if ANY changes to the game at all, I completely walked away. I stuck to my Battlefield but now we have Battlefield 4 that's basically Battlefield 3.2, so guess I got screwed there too.

But what can you do when millions of people STILL buy the games regardless of anything and they will no matter what? That's their own choices, not mine. I prefer games getting better or continuing down some "line" or "path". Not just taking the name and stamping a new number at the end of it which is how I view CoD. It's not like they didn't earn that reputation.

Just my two cents. Not going to touch on all the young kids playing either, Child Online Daycare indeed. XD

Nymphonomicon and ashugtiwari like this

I tell you why its so hated its because the develpoers don't put time into the game and don't  put in any effort into the COD's multiplayer. I also have to say that weapons are all the same pretty much as well. Now ask yourself how many times have cursed or thrown your controller when playing COD's multiplayer? Trust me I played COD from 4 all the way to MW3. COD is teribble in terms of multiplayer it doesn't through a beta or anything. If you think COD so good game I would really love to hear your defention on a good game,please enlighten me.  

Here's proof of why COD lazy and my stance on Military FPS like COD:

I don't hate it, it's just not my cup of tea, but I can understand why it's so popular.

I'd say Treyarch really tried with the Zombies mode. I mean, look at all the cool shit they came up with in the maps.

The multiplayer side of things is a bit more meh, but they experimented and, at the end of the day, that's how you're gonna find what works.

Infinity Ward, on the other hand, have made next to no real changes to their game, short of "OMG Treyarch has a horde mode in their game. We need a horde mode in ours!"

Now that I will admit. Treyarch is more innovative than Infinity Ward. Just because I think CoD is a good game doesnt mean anything. People like games for their own reasons. 

Well to start, I NEVER pay full price for a game. I'm a little stingy with my money. 3 I always wait for the price to go down. The most I paid for one of my games is $40. That was Dead Space 3

I can't really hate the game since I have never played it. I just don't like 90% of those people who does.

Yay..... I guess it was nice, but went down since..... A NEW TITLE IS RELEASED EVERY DAMN YEAR!

I dislike it because because it's just the same thing repackaged and put out every year. They say that they're changing it making the multiplayer better. "Less campers!" They say but every year it's the same. It just never changes. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I DISLIKE Call of Duty for its lack of change since the first Modern Warfare.

The first Modern Warfare was kickass! Phenomenal multiplayer and a good story in the campaign. Since then though, the Call of Duty franchise has gone downhill. The last time they tried to do something different was when they brought in Nazi zombie mode. Personally I didn't like it, but I can see why most people do and that's great for them. But ever since World at War, they've just rehashed the same game over and over again. You might say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Well, Call of Duty isn't broken, it's just extremely boring and repetative. It needs to change, or at least get something new. Also, go back to WWII! That'd be awesome!

The community is the ultimate reason why I'm not playing the games anymore though. It seems like everyone that I play against are either homophobic, racist, 15 years old (or below) or all of the above...

Glaice and LoneWolf like this

Because it made developers think that every game needs a level up unlock system.  So sick of seeing this is games that have no use for it. IE: Red Orchestra 2

Call of Duty has become a cold, dead husk of a formerly fantastic franchise. The originals in the series were amazing and told such a good story along with having fantastic gunplay. Since it's degraded into a repetitive franchise with what has become $60 weapon and map packs that do nothing more for the player than bringing him or her a new set to play upon. Congrats!

It's sad. The same sadness can be said for the Assassin's Creed franchise at this point - beside their fantastic multiplayer which should have its own standalone the story is much the same, the combat is dull. The freshest thing that's been introduced over the past two titles has been Naval Combat - it's filling a role that no other game has stepped up to in recent history, yet still it feels repetitive and undesired. 

LoneWolf and Glaice like this

I use to actual like cod back when cod 4 and waw came out, but nowadays it's just so lifeless and boring. The absolute main reason i hate the cod games is because activision just cashes in on every single title they get a hold of and just want to make their investors happy. So, instead of getting a product were they devs have joy and fun doing thier jobs, they have to reskin add 1 or two gimmicks and advertise it every single year. Seems to happen with most games for AB.

LoneWolf likes this

I dont exactly hate the game, i think they are for the most part very well made and good for first person shooters, what ruins them for me is the community. and if you have ever played a  CoD game since Modern Warfare 2 you will know what i mean