• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wulfman

Who's you're favorite champion(or the best in your opinion) for top-laning?

69 posts in this topic

I personally think Pantheon is a great team fighter and can hold his own and even dominate if you have half ab brain IMO

There are so many choices. I feel that you should play whatever is needed. If you lack AP i would go for a rumble or vlad pick, both are fun. If you need a tank cause the jungler chose a more carry role maybe nasus, garen, or darius. Jayce is alot of fun and so is Jax... there are sooo many options

Personally, I think Renekton is the strongest top-laner at the moment.  Late game he can be beaten, but early-mid he almost always wins or at least goes even in the lane.  Not only that, but he has high base damage and can get tanky for team fights without too many items early.  Given, for "grinding" ranked he may not be the best.  My friend used Tryndamere to grind all the way to Plat by split pushing all day...

As for favorite champion top lane, I would say Riven.  She was already fun before, but after they allowed her Broken Wings to jump walls, she can juke, chase, and escape way better than before.

AlexGamebro likes this

Strongest toplaner right now is RIVEN and NASUS.Both of them are easy to play and superb in their role.Good choice to buy for players who are like lvl 20-25.Learn them to play,watch some guides,builds and when u hit lvl 30 play ranked games with them,and carry yourself to gold/platinum/diamond

Riven in my opinion, she is kinda broken in my opinion because of 3 reasons.

1. Mobility, the shield dash and broken wings give her to much mobility for her damage out put
2. CC, a knock back and an AOE stun is to much for just a bruiser
3. The carry potential, she can carry so ridiculously it's not even funny

So I would recommend playing her, if you are in ranked, I recommend banning Garen, the best counter to her in my opinion.

Summary: Play Riven, If ranked try to ban Garen. If Riven already taken, try  picking try Garen,

Trenvor likes this

Personally, I think Renekton is the strongest top-laner at the moment.  Late game he can be beaten, but early-mid he almost always wins or at least goes even in the lane.  Not only that, but he has high base damage and can get tanky for team fights without too many items early.  Given, for "grinding" ranked he may not be the best.  My friend used Tryndamere to grind all the way to Plat by split pushing all day...

As for favorite champion top lane, I would say Riven.  She was already fun before, but after they allowed her Broken Wings to jump walls, she can juke, chase, and escape way better than before.

I agree with you he is the strongest according to pros right now.

My personal favourite has got to be pantheon. Probably just because he is pretty much a greek hoplite and I love that era.

I'd have to say either pantheon, garren or Nausus are my 3 but I do enjoy playing as pantheon for top alot

Vi is the best. Its hard to run from her gran-slam, and she can usually destroy a lane with a good gank

By far id have to say fiora with her ability to carry mid / late game

I give it all to Nasus, even if you get counterd or loose your lane you are a BEAST in late game and carry hard as long as you lasthit with your Q.

Gotta love that Singed so much troll :^)

Quinn no joke

Jax is pretty good ATM.One bad thing about Renekton,Nasus,Singed and Shen,they get countered at early game with ranged ap champs(Kennen,Vladimir,Elise,Lissandra and Ryze)

Riven/Renekton or Vayne. All 3 Carried me to where i am (Love them much) Riven is kinda broken atm but she cannot handle renekton (simple outscale) and renekton can't handle vayne. So it's mostly a loop for me. 

Trenvor likes this

Been digging, AD Blitz lately. Super troll, super viable.

Honestly, there are a lot of champions to choose from in the top lane. But honestly, in the past patch, there is what we call the trinity of top laners which are "Renekton" "Jax" and "Shen". Each of these three has a role to fit in their team. Renek is a beast in early to mid game battles and can easily outfarm lane opponents with sustain and constant damage (no mana). Jax on the other hand is quite strong in the mid to late game, especially since the tri-force right now is slightly OP. You can count on jax to carry the game if he gets farmed enough. And lastly, Shen has always been one of the best top laners out there. The crowd control, support, constant damage, tankiness, split push and out of nowhere ganks from him is second to none. But his downfall is if you and your team are not coordinated then it will be hard for you! Anyways, the meta is always changing especially the patches right now but heck, i still love these three champs

Trenvor likes this

For assassins i prefer irelia and kha'zix, they're not too hard to play and have some sick burst. irelia can also go tanky early game and still have some massive burst like renekton.

Riven! I just love her as a champion in general xD and is my usual go to for top lane

I like nasus and jax atm, just afk farm till 30 minutes and then go on a rampage. For snowball laners i would say riven and renekton, once you're ahead on those 2 you just stay ahead. But snowballing isn't really my cup of tea.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0