• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dr. Noxin

Xbox One not hitting delayed regions until Q3 2014?

17 posts in this topic

Xbox One not hitting delayed regions until Q3 2014?

Unlucky territories could end up facing a ten month delay.

As you may recall, Microsoft announced the delay of Xbox One's launch in eight territories back in August.

Since then there has been no word when these countries (Russia, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark) would be getting their official launch, but Gamereactor has now learned from trusted sources - the same ones that told us of the original delay before it became official - that they could be in for a longer wait than expected.

In fact, we're told Xbox One won't launch in the Nordics until the third quarter of 2014. Given a launch in July or the first half of August is unlikely, these countries are looking at a nine to ten month delay compared to the original November launch this year in other territories.

We have no confirmation on whether the other four countries mentioned above are looking at a similar launch date to the Nordics, and it remains unclear what this could mean to other territories (Japan comes to mind). The delay may mean Microsoft is either struggling with supply, or localisation is proving a massive challenge.

In the meantime Xbox One units will continue to be imported by hardcore fans in these countries and with PlayStation 4 already launched weeks ago in Nordics, Microsoft will be facing a uphill struggle when it comes to competing with Sony for marketshare.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/102544/Source%3A+Xbox+One+hitting+delayed+regions+Q3+2014/

Not to forget Sony sold more PS4 by the end of November then Xbox Ones and Wii Us in their first month. And this means Microsoft will suffer sales since other countries get X1s Q3 2014, while the last know country is Japan on the 22 February 2014 as the last country to get PS4 

I'm gonna hold on going batshit until i hear an official confirmation.

My local GameStop told me that they are expecting a September 2014 release on the Xbox One in the Nordic countries. If this is the real date or just something MS gave out so GameStop would have something to tell their costumers, I don't know. But I do know that the Xbox One is pretty much fucked in Nordic and probably never going to catch up to the PS4 here.

I for one is getting it, but that is only because I have Assassin's Creed IV for it, which I ordered before I knew about this delay shit and because I collect games and consoles. But PS4 is most likely going to be my number 1 console of choice and Xbox One will pretty much only be for those game series I already have on the platfor as Halo, Assassin's Creed, Prototype, Fable, Crysis and such. Completely new games that comes on both platforms will end up on my PS4 side.

My local GameStop told me that they are expecting a September 2014 release on the Xbox One in the Nordic countries. If this is the real date or just something MS gave out so GameStop would have something to tell their costumers, I don't know. But I do know that the Xbox One is pretty much fucked in Nordic and probably never going to catch up to the PS4 here.

I for one is getting it, but that is only because I have Assassin's Creed IV for it, which I ordered before I knew about this delay shit and because I collect games and consoles. But PS4 is most likely going to be my number 1 console of choice and Xbox One will pretty much only be for those game series I already have on the platfor as Halo, Assassin's Creed, Prototype, Fable, Crysis and such. Completely new games that comes on both platforms will end up on my PS4 side.

It's not looking good for us with the X1 then. Even the PS4 isn't getting released in Japan until February next year, but this is just ridiculous. What could possibly take Microsoft 10 months to finish with this console?

We could import one, but for you and me I suppose the closest country would be Germany. You want a German console?

It's not looking good for us with the X1 then. Even the PS4 isn't getting released in Japan until February next year, but this is just ridiculous. What could possibly take Microsoft 10 months to finish with this console?

We could import one, but for you and me I suppose the closest country would be Germany. You want a German console?

I have no idea why it takes them so long, all I know is that they dun fucked it up now! They are losing a TON of money, I don't kow about Denmark, but Norway have a HUGE gaming demand and I would think Denmark is no different. But no, I'm not really interested in a german consol, I'll just stick to my beloved PS4 until it's out. :P

I have no idea why it takes them so long, all I know is that they dun fucked it up now! They are losing a TON of money, I don't kow about Denmark, but Norway have a HUGE gaming demand and I would think Denmark is no different. But no, I'm not really interested in a german consol, I'll just stick to my beloved PS4 until it's out. :P

The only rumor i heard about why these delays were there, is something about localization, and setting up deals with TV providers.

Personally, I'd rather just have an English version, and put in the TV shit later, just so i had a next gen console.

I don't know about you, but If it saved time I'd be fine with them releasing a Dano-Norwegian version.

I completely agree, I don't think there is anything at all about the delay reasons that can't be added in a system update, MS should just release the console and update things as they are ready for the area. Would be a lot better for the gamers and for themselfs.

Berserker likes this

While we agree on that, I have to say It's somewhat admirable, that Microsoft apparently will not release the console in our countries, because they don't think they're good enough yet. They want to release it when they have deals for all the content they want us to have, I'm mainly referring to the TV/cable box stuff.

I can understand your point there, but I don't really agree on that. People were complaining about the Xbox One being a TV box and a very expensive voice controlled TV remote. In my opinion, holding back something that should be a gaming consol, just to get TV deals is just wrong. They are losing out on a lot of sales in almost a year over something most gamers don't care about. I buy a consol for gaming, I have a TV for watching TV if I want. All that TV crap they put in, is more for Americans in a way, I just think their focus is all wrong with the Xbox One, which is why PS4 will be my main consol and Xbox One is only going to be for the exlusives and the game series\franchises I already have for the 360.

Microsoft Why Why, i want the xbox one now  :(  Why the delay  :( 

Microsoft Why Why, i want the xbox one now  :(  Why the delay  :( 

It's not official yet brother.

The German version will be identitcal to the Scandinavian version. I live in Holland and have a UK X1, many in Holland have imported from Germany. Just set the console to UK or US (or Ireland, if you want to use euros in the marketplace) and your English X1 is ready. The only German you'll ever see will be on the package.

And a tip; attach your gamertag to an email with a US address and use that address for payment options. I'm currently buying X1 games digitally for $59,99, which is around 44 euros.

The German version will be identitcal to the Scandinavian version. I live in Holland and have a UK X1, many in Holland have imported from Germany. Just set the console to UK or US (or Ireland, if you want to use euros in the marketplace) and your English X1 is ready. The only German you'll ever see will be on the package.

And a tip; attach your gamertag to an email with a US address and use that address for payment options. I'm currently buying X1 games digitally for $59,99, which is around 44 euros.

I'd really appreciate it if you could scrounge up more info on how a German X1 would work. 'Cause Germans localize everything, and I'd quite like to know how much of the system would be all in German. Manuals, menus and such.

My dad lives in Germany, so getting one from there wouldn't be a hassle, but for some reason that country wants everything they import to be in German through and through.

And, i hate giving you a third degree here, but if you know anything how the payments would work for us Scandinavians, since none of us use the Euro?

I'd really appreciate it if you could scrounge up more info on how a German X1 would work. 'Cause Germans localize everything, and I'd quite like to know how much of the system would be all in German. Manuals, menus and such.

My dad lives in Germany, so getting one from there wouldn't be a hassle, but for some reason that country wants everything they import to be in German through and through.

And, i hate giving you a third degree here, but if you know anything how the payments would work for us Scandinavians, since none of us use the Euro?

When you first start up the Xbox One, you can set up your region and language. Just select English as your language. Your dashboard will be in English and you can use Kinect speaking English. See this video (from 0:40 and up):

As for games, most publishers lets players select their language ingame, only a few like to localize their games. If you buy them from the UK (I bought Ryse for 53 euros incl. shipping from Amazon), all will be in English. If you buy them digitally form the USA marketplace, all will be English as well.

The manuals I got with my X1 were in English, German, French, Spanish and some other languages I can't remember. I doubt the German Xbox One will only have German manuals, since it's the same pack of paper worldwide.

Below is a video on how to set your stuff up so you can buy with dollars on the USA marketplace. It's in Dutch, but I think the video will speak for itself. If you take an address in a state that doesn't have sales tax (i.e. Alaska), you'll save even some more cash. The $59,99 will be converted to your national equivalent and dedacted from your PayPal account. For me, that's currently just over 44 euros per game.

The website he logs in at the beginning is http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHomePage

Might want to remove my post above as well, because Microsoft isn't getting enough money.