• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Toothless Gaming

New Godzilla Movie Hype

17 posts in this topic

Depends on 2 things.

What Godzilla looks like (the last one was terrible) and where it's set. If they stay true to the originals i'll be happy. If it's just another big budget "lets have it in America" shit fest the last one was then I won't be watching it.

Sadly i'm a Godzilla "purist" and think it should remain true to it's origins but that's just me.

I enjoyed the 90's one....I was about 10 though

I really thing the 90's one gets more bad rep that it deserves, there are far worst movies then it to watch and it wasn't that terrible, just not as good as the old movies and stuff.

In any case this new reboot looks quite awesome. I just wish the would show Godzilla. I get it, they are trying to build suspense and wait for his big reveal but come on, I'm kind of getting tired of the wait to see him fully.

I'm all for it. What with all of the superhero movies leading up to the blockbuster character collaborations, I for one am excited to see him in the next Pacific Rim movie.

Depends on 2 things.

What Godzilla looks like (the last one was terrible) and where it's set. If they stay true to the originals i'll be happy. If it's just another big budget "lets have it in America" shit fest the last one was then I won't be watching it.

Sadly i'm a Godzilla "purist" and think it should remain true to it's origins but that's just me.

They're using the Japanese style of Godzilla or extremely close to it. I can't tell where it's set but it looks like America. It also looks to be a much darker take on Godzilla, with all the bodies laying around. If you watch th etrailer you get a pretty good look at Godzilla towards the end.

They're using the Japanese style of Godzilla or extremely close to it. I can't tell where it's set but it looks like America. It also looks to be a much darker take on Godzilla, with all the bodies laying around. If you watch th etrailer you get a pretty good look at Godzilla towards the end.

As long as it resembles ye olde Godzilla I can cope with them changing settings.

Going by what I see in the trailer (which is pretty much just his back plates) it seems they are pretty close to how he was in the originals which will do for me.

Now they just need to add Mothra.

Sol Omega likes this

As long as it resembles ye olde Godzilla I can cope with them changing settings.

Going by what I see in the trailer (which is pretty much just his back plates) it seems they are pretty close to how he was in the originals which will do for me.

Now they just need to add Mothra.

They show the silouette of his head. It looks slightly different from the original, slightly longer it seems, but it's REALLY close. Pause at 2:09 on th etrailer and you can get a good look.

I have no hype for Godzilla because he isn't Gamera.

Okay, thats a good reason for you I guess

I really thing the 90's one gets more bad rep that it deserves, there are far worst movies then it to watch and it wasn't that terrible, just not as good as the old movies and stuff.

In any case this new reboot looks quite awesome. I just wish the would show Godzilla. I get it, they are trying to build suspense and wait for his big reveal but come on, I'm kind of getting tired of the wait to see him fully.

I gave up on the 90's one with the line "Thats a lot of fish". 

They show the silouette of his head. It looks slightly different from the original, slightly longer it seems, but it's REALLY close. Pause at 2:09 on th etrailer and you can get a good look.

You're right, it is pretty close.

It's a vast improvement on the T-Rex version in the 90's movie.

I want to see his back light up and the Nappa blast all over again, good times.

I think Kotaku titled it best. It's Battlefield: Godzilla

The 1998 version was a terrible movie but it had ingenious marketing to get asses into seats.  But this trailer revealed literately revealed nothing that could get anyone exited. This is genuinely one of the worst trailers I have ever seen. The first half was just a skydive!  I mean.... why if you were fighting Godzilla would you start from the edges of space?  That's like stomping the first Goomba in Super Mario Brothers by tunnelling through the centre of the earth.  Then the rest of it was an explosion here and a hole in a building there ending with a lame ass tease of the monster with no explanation of the narrative whatsoever. Just because you have some fancy Japanese letters in the title art, it's not convincing anyone with a brain of their own that this is going to be true to the original concept by Taho.

This trailer was terrible and it did nothing to make me think this reboot is going to be good.  Hollywood LEAVE GODZILLA ALONE!!!