• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

FPSNORWAYS

Youtube Demotivation and Mediocre Youtubers.

11 posts in this topic

It feels like i have hit rock-bottom on youtube. There is so many factors leading me to this. Social life,busy with school,youtube itself and just demotivation in general.

I really think that if you watch this video you will understand why every youtuber that never gets big gives up, this is atleast my interpretation of it as a youtuber he has before and now is there again.

post-7197-0-83887100-1386780481_thumb.jp

CrankyGames likes this

I think youtube is something you should never expect to get big with. If you're going to attempt to youtube stuff you should do it for 2 thoughts, you can also have others but you should have at least these 2 things going on

1)Understand that there are 1,000's upon 1,000's of small youtubers and it will be hard to get noticed

2)Enjoy making videos. Whether it is for friends or just because you think the video was entertaining or educational and someone else might like it.

Don't expect to get big, but it is okay to hope xD

FPSNORWAYS likes this

Make content for the love and enjoyment of gaming. If you go in with the idea of being big, having 100's or 1000's of subscribers, or making a living off of doing content, then this may not be for you. Yes those things can happen but the amount of effort, time, patience, and the willingness to adapt/grow is huge. Most think you can just make a video and that's it, but experience has shown me otherwise haha. 

FPSNORWAYS likes this

I think youtube is something you should never expect to get big with. If you're going to attempt to youtube stuff you should do it for 2 thoughts, you can also have others but you should have at least these 2 things going on

1)Understand that there are 1,000's upon 1,000's of small youtubers and it will be hard to get noticed

2)Enjoy making videos. Whether it is for friends or just because you think the video was entertaining or educational and someone else might like it.

Don't expect to get big, but it is okay to hope xD

Thank you for your words. I enjoy making videos most of the time i have enjoyed for a long time, But I've been doing youtube now for almost 3 years and i am very busy with school atm, and i hate to be inactive and then come back with one video and then inactive again.

ClawManStar likes this

You and I are in a similar boat, I want to start a Youtube channel. It's been something of a dream to get that fan base, even 100 people is a victory because that means 100 people enjoy my content. But I have real life medical issues that prevent the next step forward and the longer I take to make that next step the harder it gets - especially with Youtubes anti-content policy intimidating me - and the more likely I'm to give up. Always think positive FPS, that's my advice. The moment you start to think you've hit rock bottom and let the sense that you're failing start to sink in it'll start to be a chore, always try to have fun with what you do because people (as miserable a race of monkeys as we are) do enjoy watching someone else having fun, at least I do.

Also another bit of advice, try watching your own videos to see how you could improve. Aside that  (JonTron proves to be very popular despite his lack of activity) I can only offer words of encouragement to someone who could very well be another person I add to my list of subscribed channels.

FPSNORWAYS and silence0000 like this

You and I are in a similar boat, I want to start a Youtube channel. It's been something of a dream to get that fan base, even 100 people is a victory because that means 100 people enjoy my content. But I have real life medical issues that prevent the next step forward and the longer I take to make that next step the harder it gets - especially with Youtubes anti-content policy intimidating me - and the more likely I'm to give up. Always think positive FPS, that's my advice. The moment you start to think you've hit rock bottom and let the sense that you're failing start to sink in it'll start to be a chore, always try to have fun with what you do because people (as miserable a race of monkeys as we are) do enjoy watching someone else having fun, at least I do.

Also another bit of advice, try watching your own videos to see how you could improve. Aside that  (JonTron proves to be very popular despite his lack of activity) I can only offer words of encouragement to someone who could very well be another person I add to my list of subscribed channels.

Thank you man! Good luck to you aswell. Hope it will go well for you.

If you are busy with other things the videos can wait. There will always be a site to upload content onto (just encase youtube implodes on it's self with its stupid decisions soon). In less you are like Angry Joe where you are actually living off videos, you should worry about life first. Personally I was hesitant at first to link friends my channel because I didn't want subscribers that didn't actually watch my videos. Unfortunately some friend do that xD but there are people out there that give me motivation to keep making videos when I'm just having a bad day. I enjoy making videos more then actually playing the game at times and my friends ask me when my next video is coming up if I take to long. Sorry if I'm focusing to much on me but I will make it relevant. If your feel like you don't have anyone that want to see your videos, then I would suggest show a few friends. They might enjoy it, or advertise on a website like this. Nothing motivates people to make videos more then to know there is people that actually enjoy what they do. If you think you're to busy then make a video telling people you are going to be gone. During the time instead of uploading a bunch videos randomly. Collect them and save them. When you get time you will be able to upload them regularly and encase you get busy short term again upload the videos you continue to stockpile there. If you keep having long term durations where you can't upload videos but you find them fun then just upload when you can. Maybe put a outro where you tell you don't have a uploading schedule and just do it when you can. That would be better then just stopping. Just ideas though.

again I'm really sorry if I talked about myself to much. I just was trying to make a point.

If you are busy with other things the videos can wait. There will always be a site to upload content onto (just encase youtube implodes on it's self with its stupid decisions soon). In less you are like Angry Joe where you are actually living off videos, you should worry about life first. Personally I was hesitant at first to link friends my channel because I didn't want subscribers that didn't actually watch my videos. Unfortunately some friend do that xD but there are people out there that give me motivation to keep making videos when I'm just having a bad day. I enjoy making videos more then actually playing the game at times and my friends ask me when my next video is coming up if I take to long. Sorry if I'm focusing to much on me but I will make it relevant. If your feel like you don't have anyone that want to see your videos, then I would suggest show a few friends. They might enjoy it, or advertise on a website like this. Nothing motivates people to make videos more then to know there is people that actually enjoy what they do. If you think you're to busy then make a video telling people you are going to be gone. During the time instead of uploading a bunch videos randomly. Collect them and save them. When you get time you will be able to upload them regularly and encase you get busy short term again upload the videos you continue to stockpile there. If you keep having long term durations where you can't upload videos but you find them fun then just upload when you can. Maybe put a outro where you tell you don't have a uploading schedule and just do it when you can. That would be better then just stopping. Just ideas though.

again I'm really sorry if I talked about myself to much. I just was trying to make a point

Thank you! I didn't show my friends my channel they found it but because i come from Norway we have completly diffrent lanuage they think i am weird for doing youtube videos and bully me over it at times. And i agree totally what you're saying, i enjoy playing video games and record them but if my videos do poorly it really demotivates me and make me think "less about myself"

You're not the only one demotivated because of this stupid new policy, I am also an am taking another 2 or 3 weeks off. I also got rid of my partial Dead Space LP because 1) I'm terrified of getting flags and 2) my motivation plummeted for LP-type stuff. However, I don't have an issue doing walkthrough type videos or Let's Play style videos with the Doom games.

You also don't have a (Brutal Doom) hate brigade of 3-5 people disliking every new video I upload, which annoys me but I learned like or dislike, it still means the video goes up in search results

FPSNORWAYS likes this

Necropost here:

As some people have previously said... youtube isn't all about getting views.  There are youtubers who upload gameplay for the sole purpose of sharing it with their friends (or in my case, the Angry Army).  I think that getting big on youtube has some unintended negative consequences in addition to contentID... you would be subject to severe pressure to put videos on a regular (maybe daily) basis, all of which require a topic to talk/discuss about (or a game to play/review) and require time... lots of time.  Not to mention the people who dislike brigade that has been mentioned.

You also got to keep your eyes on the other videos being made... some genres are completely saturated with hopes of getting into them... some examples that I can list from memory are horror LPs with facecams, trolling montages on Call of Duty and game reviews (especially top/worst 10 lists)

Why not try twitch as well?

That's what happened with me on videos I went on a long hiatus, but you just need to wrok out a schedule and stay focused.

Right now I'm making videos again on my own website: Lazyworkcreations.webs.com hey check it out