• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twisted Chi

What are you reading at the moment?

36 posts in this topic

Well after we have one for everything else why not one for reading. It doesn't matter if you are reading comics, mangas, books, e-books, guides, webcomics, material for school...whatever

51M5SXTTNNL._.jpg

I am back reading Battletech which I put off a long long time and went back in with the Kerensky triology.

City Of Dragons By Robin Hobb

Well after we have one for everything else why not one for reading. It doesn't matter if you are reading comics, mangas, books, e-books, guides, webcomics, material for school...whatever

51M5SXTTNNL._.jpg

I am back reading Battletech which I put off a long long time and went back in with the Kerensky triology.

Dat artwork. 

What I'm reading at the moment.. I guess it's most accurate to say Japanese in Mangaland.

250px-JapaneseInMangaland1.jpg

Dat artwork. 

well if you look at the older Battletech books...they all have a very strange but in a weird way epic style of artwork at least for me

well if you look at the older Battletech books...they all have a very strange but in a weird way epic style of artwork at least for me

Reminds me sorta like War of the Worlds.

Twisted Chi likes this

I'm slowly reading through A Song of Ice and Fire.

But I don't have too much time to read, so it's slow going.

Lhotse5 likes this

Dat artwork. 

What I'm reading at the moment.. I guess it's most accurate to say Japanese in Mangaland.

250px-JapaneseInMangaland1.jpg

Is that book for manga or japanese? Or japanese commonly found in magna? xD

Is that book for manga or japanese? Or japanese commonly found in magna? xD

~ opens up random page and quotes ~

Zorg: ここでたたかうか!?

Japanese: koko de tatakau ka!?

Words: here PP fight Q!?

Translation: Do we fight here!?

I think it's a bit of both. Learning how to use, read and speak.

And stuff commonly found in Manga.

Not trying to sound like a douche or full of myself. Please note that the following is for recommendation value than boasting.

Well, currently I'm reading the following:

-> The Kingkiller Chronicles, Book II: The Wise Man's Fear (awesome trilogy, if you like Sanderson, you are gonna love this guy: Patrick Rothfuss)

-> The Wheel of Time (just finished book 9, I'm rereading the whole series and planning to get on to the rest of them after Kingkiller)

-> Dune (never got around to reading it before, and it's a nice break from the other two books occasionally)

-> The Caves of Steel (Isaac Asimov, just some light reading while I'm on a break at the uni)

Planning to get onto next:

-> rereading the Way of Kings

-> Warhammer 40K audio novels of Garro

-> The Red Wolf Conspiracy (Robert Redick, awesome sci fi from what I hear, cross between Battlestar Galactica and Game of Thrones)

-> The Darkness that Comes before (Scott Baker)

Just finished:

-> The Black Company Chronicles (best medieval military fiction ever)

-> The First Law trilogy (Joe Abercrombie, really good fantasy, awesomely dark characters)

-> Seer King series (Chris Bunch, has its ups and downs in terms of writing and plot, but as far as battle descriptions go, he's the best there is I think)

Also thrown for your consideration:

http://darthsanddroids.net/

best goddamn star wars parody comic strips I've ever seen, with plenty of material. Especially awesome if you are a tabletop RPG fan. Check it out!

1. www.fanfiction.net/s/6009619/1/To_Survive

2. www.fanfiction.net/s/6065449/1/To_Survive_Alliances

3. www.fanfiction.net/s/6933885/1/To_Survive_Terminus

To be that guy, I'm reading this post at the moment! 

And to be more serious, I'm actually not reading any titles lately. Unless you consider Gameinformer something of note. Last book I churned through was Inheritance from, well, the Inheritance saga. Tried picking up a new series called "The Change." It's an interesting idea of a post-apocalyptic recreation of civilization where old technologies don't work beyond basic electricity and different parts of the world have returned to a different state of history. For instance, Northeastern America has become a feudalistic society with roots in Victorian england as well as medieval europe. Many other regions are considered "Death Zones." Christianity became twisted and also turned into a society all its own, "The Church Universal and Triumphant." 

It's really caught my attention but I haven't been able to pick up the starter books in the series so I don't want to nuke myself by reading ahead. 

I'm just readin the last book of the farseer trilogy by robin hobb. really good books, will check that one out after :D

Many different tabletop roleplaying books.

Book: Efrem, Soldier of Fortune (kind of reading, study is eating my brain).

Comic Book: right now i'm reading the Marvel Civil war collection and finally tomorrow i'll start Slaine: The Horned God!!!

I'm currently studying an Ancient Greek History manual, Machiavelli's Prince and a german grammar handbook (please kill me now :D ).

Novel_Paperback_Cover.jpg

i am reading this for the second time now for the infinite dlc burial at sea, but i dont have much time to read and have read it once so reading it really slow.

Atm im reading the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and i just read the Hobbit and before that i read all of Game of Thrones. Aside from that i read a lot of Warhammer 40k books, to many to list off.

Oh that's a good book, finished the series this year.

Hmmm right now nothing really. Kind of in one of these moments where I have nothing to read. Kind of slowly making my way through Dragons: The Myth, Legend, and Lore, which just looks mostly at dragons throughout history and how they are viewed in different cultures and what famous dragons through media and other stuff. Interesting if you are interested in dragons.

~ opens up random page and quotes ~

Zorg: ここでたたかうか!?

Japanese: koko de tatakau ka!?

Words: here PP fight Q!?

Translation: Do we fight here!?

I think it's a bit of both. Learning how to use, read and speak.

And stuff commonly found in Manga.

Ah, that makes sense. That's cool!

Ah, that makes sense. That's cool!

Off-Topic: Are you Japanese?