• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

smellyradish68

Fallout Flashbacks

13 posts in this topic

In light of the recent Fallout 4 hype, I've found myself reincarnating my Fallout experiences, be it Fallout 3, New Vegas, or the original two. While playing, I remembered Operation Anchorage, DLC for 2008's Fallout 3, was my first ever piece of DLC I had bought. It brought up a discussion in my head (I'm not crazy) as to which DLC I liked the most from Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

This is obviously opinion based and may not reflect your choices.

Favorite DLC Fallout 3: Point Lookout

I chose Point Lookout because there's something about backwater towns with secrets that gets into my head. And also dolls, dolls are scary shit. Point Lookout made me feel cold, and isolated from society, mainly because of the many inbreds with shotguns trying to kill me. I didn't want to go back as the island played on my deepest fears (dolls, zombies, swamp creatures, inbreds with guns, death), but often found myself hoping onto the river boat for the novelty that Point Lookout provides. With the voodoo vibe, and the ghouls, and the dolls, it is truly a unique experience that I think every Fallout fan should enjoy.

Favorite DLC Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues

Old World Blues took this one because I love the 50's sci-fi aspects that compose the DLC. With a twisted sense of humor, and science experiments gone wrong, you'll constantly find yourself pitted against enemies that seems only a person eating mushrooms could think of, but that's why I love it. The characters and the enemies are so vibrant and imaginative. The world, the atmosphere, the characters, the weapons, the back-story, it all plays out like some B-rated sci-fi flick from the 50's that tugs on my sweet spot. If you liked the original War of the Worlds, you'll love this.

So, those are my favorite Fallout DLCs, with explanations as to why I think they kick-ass. Feel free to comment on which one is your favorite from Fallout 3 or New Vegas, or both. As well as anything you can think of that should be incorporated into Bethesda's next Fallout development, or anything you think should return from the previous fallout games.

I remember planing and executing a raid on the Talon Company compound.

I was disappointed to find that the inside was just a copy and paste from another building.

I think the companion system should come back but it should be tweaked. Instead of them just being NPCs that follow you around and fight with you it would be cool if you could interact with them, get to know their back stories or even build relationships. Plus if you could level them up along with your self that would also make companions a lot more fun to have.

smellyradish68 likes this

for all the same reasons you put. After i play it i had such high expectations for Mothership Zeta.

I had a odd experience with Dead Money, the first time i played it, i got very annoyed because i couldn't keep everything (sooo many things to collect I WANT THEM ALL). After a long time I realized the message of the DLC, to let go.

waverer the next  fallout game takes place, i hope it somewhere with ruins of a cool big city ware i can wander the streets in astonishment and wounder of what was

smellyradish68 and IrishRogue like this

I think the main reason I love these games is modding.

I don't enjoy them half as much without mods.

Fallout New Vegas gets my vote because of New Vegas Bounties. One of the best quest mods i've played to date.

As far as DLC goes ... Old World Blues I agree with. I loved that one if only because a strange floating TV flirted with me.

I remember thinking that Point Lookout was the only good DLC in Fallout 3.

In light of the recent Fallout 4 hype, I've found myself reincarnating my Fallout experiences, be it Fallout 3, New Vegas, or the original two. While playing, I remembered Operation Anchorage, DLC for 2008's Fallout 3, was my first ever piece of DLC I had bought. It brought up a discussion in my head (I'm not crazy) as to which DLC I liked the most from Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

This is obviously opinion based and may not reflect your choices.

I chose Point Lookout because there's something about backwater towns with secrets that gets into my head. And also dolls, dolls are scary shit. Point Lookout made me feel cold, and isolated from society, mainly because of the many inbreds with shotguns trying to kill me. I didn't want to go back as the island played on my deepest fears (dolls, zombies, swamp creatures, inbreds with guns, death), but often found myself hoping onto the river boat for the novelty that Point Lookout provides. With the voodoo vibe, and the ghouls, and the dolls, it is truly a unique experience that I think every Fallout fan should enjoy.

Favorite DLC Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues

Old World Blues took this one because I love the 50's sci-fi aspects that compose the DLC. With a twisted sense of humor, and science experiments gone wrong, you'll constantly find yourself pitted against enemies that seems only a person eating mushrooms could think of, but that's why I love it. The characters and the enemies are so vibrant and imaginative. The world, the atmosphere, the characters, the weapons, the back-story, it all plays out like some B-rated sci-fi flick from the 50's that tugs on my sweet spot. If you liked the original War of the Worlds, you'll love this.

So, those are my favorite Fallout DLCs, with explanations as to why I think they kick-ass. Feel free to comment on which one is your favorite from Fallout 3 or New Vegas, or both. As well as anything you can think of that should be incorporated into Bethesda's next Fallout development, or anything you think should return from the previous fallout games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM   You'll like this video then.

I'd have to say Point Lookout, because it was the only real DLC that gave you a new world to explore. But Operation Anchorage had the best items by far. (The armor and Gauss Rifle at level 3 was OP.)

Post Source: Fallout Flashbacks

I remember doing all the quests and side quests of fallout 3, being max level, owning pretty much every gun and crap tons of ammo, and from all that just picking up the poor .32 pistol, 30 bullets, wastelander clothes, some food, no stimpaks/radways/rad-x's and just try to survive.

It was really fun when I had to resort to fist fighting in a gun fight. Decapitation through uppercut? Joy.

I think the companion system should come back but it should be tweaked. Instead of them just being NPCs that follow you around and fight with you it would be cool if you could interact with them, get to know their back stories or even build relationships. Plus if you could level them up along with your self that would also make companions a lot more fun to have.

So kind of an expanded version of what they did in New Vegas?

I remember planing and executing a raid on the Talon Company compound.

I was disappointed to find that the inside was just a copy and paste from another building.

Same here, and even if someone isn't pissed off about that you'll be when you discover that your attacks to any of the factions' headquarters had barely any consequence. So much planning to take down Paradise Falls and no satisfaction at all.

likes this

So kind of an expanded version of what they did in New Vegas?

I think so? Sorry, I haven't played New Vegas so I wouldn't know what they did to the companion system in that.

Fallout 3 DLC: Broken Steel

i enjoyed all of them, but the big battles and finishing off the enclave always felt badass

Fallout New Vegas DLC: Dead Money

challenging and fun with an interesting story