• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

fzzywarbles

YouTube Content Crisis

24 posts in this topic

Okay so I've been trudging up this river all night long. After I saw Joe's first tweet about what YouTube has done and is still doing to his channel and many, many others. I'm sick right now over all this bullshit. What is being done to Joe can destroy his livelihood and severely cripple the type of content we viewers seek out. The fair and honest critiques and often hilarious dialog we enjoy daily could very well vanish because of incredibly unfair regulations. As he said in his rant, He is not stealing or distributing illegal content. He is offering a service that is absolutely needed in the gaming industry. It aids to keep things honest and helps to promote some of the little guys that would otherwise see non such exposure. Look at his video for The Mandate for christs sake. I never would have heard of that kickstarter if it weren't for Joe. Content creators like Joe need our support and though I have no clue where to start the entire lot of us need to be aware. Best case scenario, Google realizes what has happened here and makes it right without further issue. Worst case we need to start gearing up for war! All jokes aside we are the Angry Army after all.

I don't see any flaged video! 

I don't know, but I can see em all in my country...

I don't know, but I can see em all in my country...

Yes, but they are no longer his. He doesn't get a cent from them so long as they have been claimed. 

Ah I see, everyone now is crying about money...

Time for them to find a job. enough of sitting home!

jk

Surely what they're doing is illegal?

Perhaps we're gonna need to reenact Joe's recruitment video, if this gets any worse.

I'm with you all the way Joe.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! VICTORY OR DEATH!!

fzzywarbles likes this

I sometime have doubts if we live in a free world or in a world were the oligarchy in the society rules without any obligation towards the people's well being. But to the interest of their own profit and financial situation.

fzzywarbles and Nemesis like this

Hopefully a network is formed where they can all abandon YouTube and be able to still make a decent living. I would love to leave YouTube right now and move on to greener pastures. Possibly Twitch

Hey all,  per Joes rant he mentions about people reviewing games online and getting flagged possible copyright?     What next??? If everyone presses the SHARE button on their PS4 and Uploads it to Youtube,   they'll be flagged too for showcasing a game with BGM that may be deemed copyright?    Im just waiting for that ball to drop next!  If so we should all just boycott Youtube and thank AJ that his content is safe to view on here! 

Souichiro likes this

I sometime have doubts if we live in a free world or in a world were the oligarchy in the society rules without any obligation towards the people's well being. But to the interest of their own profit and financial situation.

You sometimes have doubts lol. Dude we don't.

I sometime have doubts if we live in a free world 

Allow me to put your doubts to rest.

We don't live in a free world.

Shed a tear. All my favorite channels. 

I really thought this was originally an early april fools joke by Google. Then I realized it wasn't. Google doesn't realize that there are so many other forms of uploading content. Most likely if it doesn't get flipped in a week youtubers will move and Google will feel salty

What Youtube is doing has got to be illegal. I get they want to stop piracy, but this is the wrong way to go about it. Passing laws and policies has never once prevented crime and rule breaking. The real criminals obviously do not care about the law and these policies by Youtube do nothing except punish the people like Angry Joe who try to do something constructive and beautiful with their channels. This move also has corporate greed written all over it and its pathetically obvious and sickening.

The funny thing about this? some of my Freespace 2 videos where flagged for 3rd party content from THQ... the game was never ever owned by THQ...

G6i3UfP.png

Not sure its illegal, they are after all trying to prevent online piracy and people making money of other people's work. However, as Joe has said himself they've just applied a ham fisted blanket system to it with little to no human input (keeps down costs after all). YouTube are guilty of putting out mindless blanket system without thinking of downstream impact on its users and services. In basic terms they done f*cked it up.

It's disgusting, but many game publishers and developers have come out against this. I know for a fact Capcom, Ubisoft, Mojang, Deep Sliver, and Valve are against this, so maybe they'll be a 180 like Microsoft with Xbox One. If not, there's always Indie games, who would love to have big Youtubers talking about their game.

Besides, as TotalBiscuit says, people tune into the personality, not the game.

The problem with this is that the legislators have given up with trying to enforce stuff like SOPA so now they are pretty much forcing the biggest company connected to Youtube a.k.a Google to put harsher restricts on youtube however the problem here more so lies in the fact that a Review can be listed under critque and as Youtube's new copyright video says that Critque, commentaries and one other category are still well within fair use, the biggest issue with this Content ID system is that it's a blanket automated system that goes by what it has in it's database.

I was considering to start a review show on youtube on older games and some shows that I watch to give my thoughts on them but with this latest change, I'm not gonna take that chance of losing my account because I'm not a affiliate to a network and If I ever gonna post something or actually go ahead with that show I had in mind to create I'm most likely gonna be doing so on Daily motion while their quality isn't as good as youtube it at the very least feels safer then Youtube right now.

I think you should read it yourself fella.

If I was serious about my comment i'd be typing this out from my mobile home wearing a tinfoil hat and watching out for the men in black coming to take me away.

I never do any of those things.

Honest.

I think you should read it yourself fella.

If I was serious about my comment i'd be typing this out from my mobile home wearing a tinfoil hat and watching out for the men in black coming to take me away.

I never do any of those things.

Honest.

Hahahahah.......................I like you :)

Gone likes this