• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Dregnar

YouTube Copyright claim solution

141 posts in this topic

Objective:

If this solution done correctly the videogame channel owners will earn much more money, YouTube will lose almost all of the revenue from videogame videos and viewers will have the best VideoGame content.

Idea:

The Idea is simple but needs initiative, commitment and resources. It requires the top videogame channel owners Like (AngryJoeShow, TotalBiscuit, Force Strategy Gaming, Polaris, Rev3Games, MMOHuts and boogie2988  ……so on) to agree on creating a streaming website that only focus on videogames and it will be owned and managed by them.

Requirement:

1. Agreement: Most of the top videogame channel owners must agree to do this to endorse the new website and allow it to succeed and they will be the owners and founders of the website.
  2. A kickstarter: That project requires a lot of Money at first for (servers, storage, bandwidth, security systems and so on) so a Kickstarter will help in this part.
  3. Endorsement:  there must be an endorsement for the website in all of the videogame channels on youtube
  4. Content: all of the videogame channel owners must upload all of the videos on the website to create a good content at first.
  5. Sales and marketing: there must be a sales and market team to contact the game companies.

Benefits: 

The founders (the top videogame channel owners that agreed, started and founded the project) :

1. Although the number of ads on the new website will be way less than in YouTube and of course the game companies will pay less (at first) in the new website because its “new” but the founders will get the 100% revenue from the ads not the very small percentage that Google pays and in the future if the project is successful game companies will pay way more to put ads in the new website.
  2. Copyright claims will be managed by the founders and it will not affect them at all but of course there must be copy right police applied to avoid lawsuits for examples:(Game trailers are allowed to be shared by any one unless the game company requested  the claim of the trailer).

The other videogame channel owners:

1. The website will be owned by videogame channel owners and of course they are not as greedy as google and the revenue percentage should be much higher than google’s.
  2. They won’t have to be afraid about unfair copyright issues since the copyright policy is managed by the founders and they like them are videogame channel owners.

The Viewers:

1. They will find the best VideoGame content on the internet in one place and since the channel owner gain much more money they will be able to make much better content.
  2. Since the website main focus is on VideoGames it will have more applications suited for that like (sections for reviews ,lets play, Raw fotage, Trailers .... so on ) and let us not forget (competition, ladder tournaments,cool prizes and even achievements ) 

Restrictions:

Of course a Project like that is not free from restrictions and risks (huge risks).

1. Slow Start:  At first the project will not create any mentionable revenue to sustain the maintenance fees for this project (to avoid this issue 1st the channel owners don't need to quit YouTube right away, secondly they must keep some of the KickStarter funds to maintain the project at 1st, lastly if the sales team is good they can require good ad deals before the site even started) .
  2. Copy Right: It will be almost impossible to stop  a channel owner to upload a Copy Righted material like movies, TV shows and even leaked beta footage.And that might lead to a huge problems that might lead to shutting down the website.​(Regrettably to Avoid this issue there must be a restriction for joining the website, and not letting any one to upload videos, any one who want to have access to upload must submit a formal request that include video material and it should be approved 1st)      
  3. Google: Without a doubt Google will be the top Restriction for creating this Project  and it will do any thing in its power to stop the Project.

My Thoughts:

This Idea came to me when I saw AngryJoe's Video Regarding the YouTube CopyRight Claim ID it took me  about 15 mins to wright it down on this forum and after a day I edited it adding other idea's on the project submitted here by other members.

I Posted this Project because I love VideoGame Channels on YouTube which include but not limited to (AngryJoeShow, TotalBiscuit, Force Strategy Gaming, Polaris, Rev3Games, MMOHuts and boogie2988) and they deserve much better than what google pays and they deserve much more respect from google. and want google to know the value of those channels when losing them and losing millions because of the way google treated their Partners.

Dear AngryJoe,

I Hope You see this post and think about the idea and if you like it you should take the initiative to contact the others and convince them about this project.

If youtube doesn't get any better, I agree with this, it could be an excellent idea.

However, how many of those youtubers actually know how to run a website much less a video sharing website? I'm sure they are all intelligent individuals and if they don't know I'm sure they will easily find someone who does but it might be an issue. As of right now though it might be jumping the gun and premature since we don't know how youtube will respond. I would wait a week, maybe a month or more until we begin to consider doing something like this.

Azkamooski, Dregnar and rairoken16 like this

This is just BS this will comeback on youtube and it will comeback very bad for youtube it will bad.

This is what I thought! If they do that, gaming will be what it is, SOMETHING TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE AND NOT BE FILLED WITH BULLSHIT LIKE YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only see this going to their own websites. Example: polarisgo.com has their partners upload to that site also. I am sure machinima would do a similar thing if youtube stops allowing for people to make money off of video games.

I can only see this going to their own websites. Example: polarisgo.com has their partners upload to that site also. I am sure machinima would do a similar thing if youtube stops allowing for people to make money off of video games.

Polaris still uses YouTube as their player, meaning that you have to upload the content on YouTube in order to ''upload'' the video on their website. Also, they don't really upload the video, but only links you just the way I can put some random video over here with the '''' command.

If You Tube doesn´t take this bullshit back, I will suport this Project for sure. :)

Hello. I am fairly new here. This news just reached my ears, can someone explain this in laymans terms, or point me to somewhere else, where i can read about it, in understandable terms?

IS this the end of Angry Joe? FUCKING SAD, if so.

Take Care.

Hello. I am fairly new here. This news just reached my ears, can someone explain this in laymans terms, or point me to somewhere else, where i can read about it, in understandable terms?

Take Care.

Youtube flaged more than 60 of angryjoe's videos and they have a very restrict  copyright policy that is very unfair for game channel check Angrejoe video for more details

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfHdasuWtI

I'll support this if YouTube doesn't get their shit together.

It's not a great solution but if he put his videos to monetize on a different website, like I suppose the service Thatguywiththeglasses.com uses, annd then posts a video saying check out the video on this site because he can't post it on YouTube, maybe it could help? The only real way I see of getting YouTube's attention is to to take a big chunk out of their profits, which sounds daunting at best.  

it's a really good idea. Actually Ross Scott (creator of Freeman's Mind) has already done something similar for machinima videos, in response to machinima's shitty policies. It's called Gorillagong, and it really helps in promoting the work of amateur animators. According to his website, it didn't require a lot of funds to start it up. Of course, your suggestion requires a larger scale operation and I think there's plenty of people who would support it on kickstarter.

Also, what if he does more live streams on Twitch? He has to play through the game, he could add in commentary and I don't think Twitch will be as well, completely idiotic about user content.  

Also, what if he does more live streams on Twitch? He has to play through the game, he could add in commentary and I don't think Twitch will be as well, completely idiotic about user content.  

Twitch, however, doesn't offer as much monetizing as Youtube does. Basically, any ads you wish to add, is up to you to find them and put them in your streaming.

They should start thinking about something soon, even if youtube changes back, its still ready and awating to thrown shit at us to see how far they can get with it.

Let's keep in mind, the comment system, to my knowledge, has still not been fixed. My question is how long do we have to wait to even receive a response from the YouTube team? 

I pledge $50 to the kickstarter for the new video game Youtube. Its time to leave, and let them burn themselves to the ground.

I'd like to put up a founding document for this place, however. I want a pledge to independence. Youtube has been dead since Google bought it, it's only just getting to the point where its rotting away.

5.Sales and marketing: there should be a sales and market team to contact the game companies.

I have a better idea.  Let the sponsor bid on the content provider's video.  It's kind of like Ebay system where a Sponsor would bid for specific period of time.  Content creator will post on what next video is going to be about.  After that specific period of time then the content creator can lower the price and rebid again.  Google is going with per ad impression which can lead to complex logic since you have to filter out false impressions.  My approach is super simple and simple to do.  The content provider doesn't have to choose the highest bid sponsor if they don't like their product or practices as they can choose the next highest bidders.  I think I just saved a lot of money in regards to Sales and Marketing.

Take Care.

Not to detract from the thread or anything but how many times did you get hit in the head before that dumb as fuck username sounded good?

5.Sales and marketing: there should be a sales and market team to contact the game companies.

I have a better idea.  Let the sponsor bid on the content provider's video.  It's kind of like Ebay system where a Sponsor would bid for specific period of time.  Content creator will post on what next video is going to be about.  After that specific period of time then the content creator can lower the price and rebid again.  Google is going with per ad impression which can lead to complex logic since you have to filter out false impressions.  My approach is super simple and simple to do.  The content provider doesn't have to choose the highest bid sponsor if they don't like their product or practices as they can choose the next highest bidders.  I think I just saved a lot of money in regards to Sales and Marketing.

To clarify, you mean the sponsor will be a developer/publisher? If so there's 2 problems with your proposition:

a) I don't think they'd bid on people who they'd suspect would make reviews that portray their games as bad

b ) It would reduce the credibility of the content creator in the eyes of the viewer, since the video was sponsored by the very people it's meant to criticize

In essence, it would have the same problems as IGN.

On the other hand, if the sponsor would be anyone, it would give a very big disadvantage on lesser reviewers, as they would get much less attention, and thus less bids for their videos.

EDIT: b + ) should stop generating an emoticon for fuck's sake

that's an interesting idea.  I wouldn't mind a youtube like site that was devoted to just gaming, news, reviews, etc.  But the idea that it is a escape from copy write is a bit flawed though.  As soon as it gets big enough to get noticed by the large developers it'll get stomped on.

So, it's come down to this, huh? Well I say: BRING IT!

Time for a little "rant" about politics, economics, and truth. BTW, I hate politics...

What's going on here is a combination of greed, selfishness, and the way of liberalism. Ever since the ACA, or Obamacare, fiasco began, it seems more and more organizations and companies have been rolling out these massive changes that always involve some centralized system that limits or controls the consumer base. EA has usually been slow to fix things, but BF4 doesn't work and they rolled it out anyway. FB, plus now WoW and 2nd Life, have been in bed with the NSA for years, totally betraying their users' trust. Now Google has said: "Hey, if Obama can screw over people, why can't we?" And so they proceed to screw us over with the Google+ "You have to have this" garbage and this new Content ID system. Normally I'd post this on YT, but I won't, not with +.

Don't deny it, things have been really messed up the last few years...

As for creating a new video hosting site, YEEAHH! This is the essence of free market, something we've neglected for quite some time. No one HAS to use YT or Google. Why have we acted like we had no choice? We technically don't, but that can change fairly easily. What were we thinking, putting everything in one basket? Well, we have a chance to make this right, and create a place that isn't controlled by greed, but creativity and CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Dregnar and captainroyy like this

To clarify, you mean the sponsor will be a developer/publisher? If so there's 2 problems with your proposition:

a) I don't think they'd bid on people who they'd suspect would make reviews that portray their games as bad

b ) It would reduce the credibility of the content creator in the eyes of the viewer, since the video was sponsored by the very people it's meant to criticize

In essence, it would have the same problems as IGN.

On the other hand, if the sponsor would be anyone, it would give a very big disadvantage on lesser reviewers, as they would get much less attention, and thus less bids for their videos.

EDIT: b + ) should stop generating an emoticon for fuck's sake

No, sponsor can be anyone.  I'm not sure how this would be disadvantage.  Sponsors would only bid big if they are certain they will get many views.  You don't expect a video w/ 10000 view to be paid same as some video with 1M views.