• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

therealgdude

Best RPG soundtrack?

24 posts in this topic

Which RPG game has the best soundtrack. For me, it's a tie between Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

For me its morrowind and if i remember correctly then skyrims soundtracks are actually morrowinds soundtracks remade with a norse theme and so on.

Skyrim,Oblivion,Morrowind, Fallout 3 - NV,Star Wars knights of the old republic (Best game ever) Pokemon games on the GBA.

Either Fallout 3 or Mass Effect series. I loved the tension that Mass Effects sound track brought to the game. The feeling of an intense battle as the music picked up in the middle of a firefight.

The Ys series and the Icewind Dale games.

My favorite is either the Dragon age origins soundtrack or skyrim,its hard to choose

for me its the deus ex games that or the fallout games so hard to pick

For me it's a tie between Mass Effect 1 soundtrack and Baldurs Gate 1 sundtrack. Those 2 have best integration with the game. ME1 gives you the feeling of hostile and meptyness the rest of the universe is. And Baldur's Gate 1 gives you a great sense of adventure.

Honestly... Hmm. Its kind of a tough one. I wanted to step in here and go 'Morrowind! Go Morrowind!' but... although Morrowind is my favorite game, and the soundtrack is very nostalgic and instantly makes me want to play the game again...I really liked Fable's soundtrack. You know, the first Fable. The one that's good. I'll just go with Morrowind, but Fable did have a really good soundtrack.

No doubt that there are a lot of games with awesome soundtracks, Skyrim does an exelent job with the music. But it has to be tie for me between 2 candidates.

That voice is freaking orgasmic. <3 A lot better than the original.

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, Morrowind and the intro of Baldur's Gate is still one of my favourites song.

For me, without question, the best RPG soundtrack goes to Final Fantasy Tactics. Hitoshi Sakimoto's work has been engraved into my skull. "The Pervert" is my go-to horror track. I gush every time I hear any track from the listing. Close second is Vagrant Story, which is also scored by Hitoshi Sakimoto.

Metal Gear Solid Series plus any game square SOFT made back in the day had amazing music from final fantasy to chrono trigger to secret of mana/evermore etc etc

ScyAnide likes this

Hmm this is a tough one for me I've heard so many skyrim of course had amazing music but so did finally fantasy x, tales of xillia, and chrono cross

The Secret of Mana soundtrack is by far my favorite. 21 years later (oh god) and I still listen to on a weekly basis.

Dark Souls. While most of the tracks consist of bombastic trumpets and a shouting choir, the music fits in with the fight to the point where the music itself can tell a story with the characters without the need for words, especially during the last boss fight.

I've heard tons and tons of different soundtracks and music from twenty plus years of playing rpgs. But this one from mass effect 3 still sends a chill down my spine and a tear down my eye. Do simple but yet so powerful.

Ni no kuni had great music. The songs in that game always get stuck in my head.

Mass effects music was great too and really gave it, it's own mass effect vibe.

Dragon age music like wise really gave it the vibe that painted the dragon age world.

This one in particular is probably my favorite. Me being a dalish warrior, it gives me that connection to my people and the forest. You know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGST4CyGck

I've heard tons and tons of different soundtracks and music from twenty plus years of playing rpgs. But this one from mass effect 3 still sends a chill down my spine and a tear down my eye. Do simple but yet so powerful.

Ah, yeah it just feels like man the whole galaxy is doomed vibe. Like all the events in all the past games leading to this eventual doom and fight for life. Death and sacrifice.