• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MegaSonicGeo

What Games Need a Sequel?

90 posts in this topic

There are tons of games series with sequels every year and reboots coming out, but there are some games that have been forgotten. What games do you think need a sequel and what would it be about? Talk about both old and new games that are in need of a succesor.

My Ideas:

We need a new Elder Scrolls Game, and I don't mean the Elder Scrolls online, that seems like its going to be its own thing. I want something like Skyrim upgraded to the Next Gen. Probably outside of Tamriel and a very awesome addition would be 2 player Co-op.

Red Dead Redemption also needs a Sequel or even a Prequel. Yes, its already a sequel itself but I couldn't get enough of its awesomeness. There's a popular idea for a prequel called Red Dead Revolution as London Rickets, it sounds pretty legit :]

An Arkham 4 Title is just a must. Origins was a great prequel but Arkham City left so many Cliff-hangers with the various villains that there HAS to be a sequel. Kevin Conroy also seemed to accidentally said it was in process a while back, and he wasn't talking about Arkham Origins because he had nothing to do with it. It'll also be nice to see a storyline that isn't centered on the Joker since all three have done so, even Origins.

Those are my ideas now throw your sequels down here cuz I wanna see them :D

You know what we need?! We need Knights of the Old Republic 3! Bioware must take over that after they finished with the third Dragon Age game. Oh! And after that Mass Effect 4 please :3

Overlord 3. It needs to happen! Well it doesn't need too but I would love it too just to see another Overlord vs Overlord scenario except with the first protagonist taking on his son the protagonist of the second game or possibly a third Overlord to throw into the mix, maybe even co-op online or offline. I just want to see more Overlord. : 

Kingdom Under Fire could use a real sequel Circle of Doom was just a disappointment compared to Crusaders/Heroes

Red dead 2 would be awesome. One of my favorite stories in a game ever.

And no worries. Mass effect 4 is already being made :P

thegame0dude and SeasonedGamer like this

as MegaSonicGeo said, another Red Dead game would be so nice. And yeah, i'm 100% behind the Landon Prequel idea. It fits well, and he's a likeable character.

An Alpha Protocol 2 and a Deadly Premonition 2 would be great, though many probably haven't even heard of these titles. A Sleeping Dogs sequel and another Borderlands would also be nice to see. I suppose there are a lot of potential sequels and or prequels i'd like to see...

MIFRIL likes this

The Jedi Knight games... I don't care if Raven's gone, I can only hope Disney do something at least credible with the IP and a Jedi Knight sequel from Academy would be a sure-fire way to get a decent reputation as the new holder of the Star Wars franchise. Hell, Kyle Katarn still lives after the Yuuzhan Vong War so there's plenty of lore to go by between that.

And a new Baldur's Gate, new story, new definition, same spectacular writing. And Age of Empires could use a comeback, not some online game or micro-transaction crapola. Something proper, like II or III.

Stoods587 and ClawManStar like this

Zone of The Enders.

Please Konami.

PLEASE.

The BP Tank likes this

Games I most want sequels for

Ring of Red
Ogre Battle 64
Bushido Blade 2
Phantom Dust
Mark of the Ninja

Kingdom Under Fire could use a real sequel Circle of Doom was just a disappointment compared to Crusaders/Heroes

Whatever happened to the sequel to that game? There was an annoucement, nothing for years, a trailer, and then nothing again.

KotoR 3. Mass Effect 4, Pretty much all Bioware stuff. I don't think I play any games that aren't part of a series...

Only one I can think of right now is psychonaughts. Honestly If it was the same or better quality that would be enough for me

We need a good Fable. The original Fable is imo one of the greatest RPGs ever, the sequals have been absolute trash.

Resonance of Fate. 

Why? I just want to spend more money on this. xD

A REAL Final Fantasy game. Not anything like 12 or 13 to 13-.45 but something like 6(3) or 4(2) or 9.

And to all who are wanting ME4; It will not be called Mass Effect 4 as they plan it to have nothing to do with Shepard. Which is a complete jerk move considering the 3rd red ending.(I think it was that one.)

Koa:Reckoning needs a sequel. I know the developers went bankrupt, but that game was so much fun.

Battlefront 3. Battlefront 3. BATTLEFRONT 3. BATTLEFRONT 3!!!!!

All those hours on the PS2. Playing with a buddy on Conquest. Man. Good times...Good times.

Grimno and thegame0dude like this

Koa:Reckoning needs a sequel. I know the developers went bankrupt, but that game was so much fun.

Yes, Yes , and Yes! I think there is an auction for the rights of the game soon so hopefully the property goes into great hands.

You know what we need?! We need Knights of the Old Republic 3! Bioware must take over that after they finished with the third Dragon Age game. Oh! And after that Mass Effect 4 please :3

It's extremly unlikely (with the EA-Star Wars deal), but I would actually prefer Obsidian to make it. Minus the fact that Kotor 2 was a buggy mess becuase Obsidian got rushed, it is the better Knights of The Old Republic game. If you can play it with the restoration mod enabled you can see it in it's full glory and it's great. There is also the fact that while Bioware is still a great studio it doesn't seem to be what it once was.

Freelancer definitely needs a sequel of some sort. (i would of said mirrors edge but thats being made :D)

I tend to get scared of sequels nowadays. It seems like with every new installation to a series, devs tend to lose their train of thoughts and the Climax of the series either becomes too disappointing to the point that it taints the series or too dragged out with in turn sucks the enjoyment out of you.

What game I would want a sequel for ? Red Dead Redemption 2 or LA Noire 2 ...on PC ofcourse :) Also a new installion to the KOTOR series, although SWTOR is there to cover it up, it is a big waste to not use that period for a solid singleplayer experience where the game is at it's strongest.

And this will be a crazy one but World of Warcraft 2 would be the biggest news I could think of. Think of how the next game gameplay combined with your year long investment over WoW carried onto the next game. Not just an expansion but a full redesign of it . Now that would be something to look at :) 

An Alpha Protocol sequel would be nice. If they do it right it could be awesome.

Dawn of War 3 or Timesplitters 4, simple

It won't ever happen sadly, but Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning