• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Teapot 228

Project Reality Battlefield 2 Players Thread

5 posts in this topic

Started this thread after a moderator suggestion in the voting thread for PR. There seemed to be several of us who already played PR, but not much outside interest, and it is unlikely that any formal/official support for the game will arise. That said, even if just 6-8 of us form up and roll as a dedicated squad, we could all make some new friends and do some serious damage. I don't really have a group to play with in PR right now, I just try to look for people I know from experience are good teammates/squad leaders who frequent the same servers I do. I'm not always on at the same time as them though, so I frequently get stuck with people I don't necessarily know/trust.

The PR community for the most part is more trustworthy, team-oriented and helpful than other games, but it's still hard to run with people you don't play with regularly. I'm hoping we can even just get a squad-sized group to change that. So, what I'm hoping to do here is gather everyone who plays/would be interested in playing (PR has a steep-ish learning curve but the community is very noob friendly, and though I will never profess to be more than an average-skilled player, I'm more than willing to teach what I know), find out how our schedules mesh, and hit the battlefield!

If ya'll like, we can start by playing co-op (humans vs. AI), especially if we have a few new people, to get a feel for how we work as a team and also ease any new players we might have into the game, then hit the more populated Deployment (PvP) servers once we've got a solid, confident roster.

So, if you're a veteran player or just an intrigued FNG, post here with your in-game name, a little about your experience with the game (if any)  and let's make it happen! :D My in-game handle is Teapot228, no clan tag (yet...)

If anyone has any questions about the game, again, I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have been playing for many years and am always willing to impart what knowledge I do have. Anything to get more players for my favorite MP game!

One last thing, I'm putting a link below to the PDF for the Project Reality 1.0 Manual. This 38-page document might seem like a daunting read, and a lot of the information might be a bit overwhelming, but trust me when I say that reading through it a few times (paying particular attention to infantry-focused things like kits and such) will make your foray into this new world MUCH easier. PR has a lot of small things that it uses to get around the aging engine and still provide some manner of simulation, and knowing these things before you, say, try to operate a tank or a mounted gun/rocket launcher will give you an edge and make you easier to train. That said, the best training is to get a good squad of people who are willing to help and just play. The game seems complicated, and it is compared to the average shooter, but you'll be surprised how quickly you'll pick it up provided you accept the advice and training of the veterans.

And whatever you do, start with infantry and the Rifleman kit. Learn the basics of the controls and how things work, read the manual, then try your hand at armor, flying or advanced infantry kits. Medic should be the first kit you learn/try after Rifleman, because a good medic is worth 5 Rifleman in my opinion.

MANUAL: http://www.realitymod.com/manual/pr_manual.pdf

ShaunOTEast likes this

bumpity bump bump.

=]H[= ShaunOTEast here, been playing Project Reality for a little over a year now, its fantastic for any teamwork oriented players who are looking for an immersive fps experience. 

bumpity bump bump.

=]H[= ShaunOTEast here, been playing Project Reality for a little over a year now, its fantastic for any teamwork oriented players who are looking for an immersive fps hacks experience. 

You guys are still playing BF2?

It has been almost 10 years now.... The game was awesome at the time but I think CoD 4 and BF3 have now overshadowed it.

You guys are still playing BF2?

It has been almost 10 years now.... The game was awesome at the time but I think CoD 4 and BF3 have now overshadowed it.

Its not vanilla BF2, the mod we are playing has waaaay more content than CoD4 and BF3 to offer combined ( 40 maps + 13 factions). 

But, if you really want my opinion, BF2 is still the best Battlefield, considering BF3 has less features (no commander mode, no VOIP, etc) than BF2 and really wasn't the 'spiritual successor'.  And BF2 is still alive and kicking, and I don't think that it will die for a long time. 

Not to mention modern shooters don't have the focus on teamwork and authentic weapons and tactics that mods like PR and sim games like ArmA, which for me is important. I don't play any multiplayer shooters anymore because of the emphasis they place on the individual with unrealistic, ridiculous customization and rewarding those who succeed by giving them more of an advantage over the already disadvantaged. With a game like PR, any advantage or disadvantage is player-driven and player-controlled, rather than the game handing me an airstrike because I've been doing well.

BTW, I have recently joined the 31st MEU simulation unit in PR due to inactivity on here (finishing my basic training later this afternoon in fact), but if interest starts up here I will gladly split my time.