• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jxbomb

Which should I get: PC or Xbox one

24 posts in this topic

Alright so I already posted a thread asking whether to get a PC or Xbox one but I really want to go more deep into what I'm getting myself into if I get a PC or xbox one. PC is in a way better than consoles but I've been a console gamer my whole life and I'm not sure if I want to leave that side. Now for personnel reasons I have til sunday to make my decision. Now my number one concern is what my friends are doing. Most of my friends are going to get an Xbox one because of PC being to pricey. Only 1-2 of my friends are going to PC to but the majority of my friends are getting an xbox one. I just don't wanna be a lone wolf when I play PC cuz I love playing with friends on my 360.

I really want a lot of discussion on this. Please if u have the time please tell me what I should do. Maybe a pros and cons list would do  :)

Thank you :lol:  

I'd say get an Xbox One if that's what most of your friends are getting.

PC takes alot of money and time to get together.

Sigma081 likes this

If you can you should go with the PC. Better graphic ( in most cases), better control, cheaper games via steam and other retailers, mods mods mods. The thing with PC is that it isn't that expensive as most people think, it's time consuming. Because, you need to build your own PC, pick your own hardware to make it worth your money. Buying a new PC rig directly from a reatailer is OK, but it's more expensive, in most cases it might cost 30-45% more then a home build gaming PC. If you have the patience you can build a kick-ass PC for 1000-1500 USD, which will last for like 5-8 years. Just remember to choose a good motherboard and CPU. Spending some extra money on those two hardware might save you some cash in the future.

Good luck and happy gaming.

Glaice likes this

If you have the ability to get a Decent Gaming Rig do that. Better graphics and you wont be banned if you sware. 

PC, it is most upgradable and cheap. Based on the people around you, Xbox One is not a favorable purchase in my opinion due to the continuous stream of $40 to $60 dollar games.  

SweatsAndTears likes this

PC any day, the rig you buy is only as expensive as you want to pay, same for the games and its far more versatile, consiles you have no chance of decent deals or price cuts and as shown unless theres huge uproar they will change and put in any software/limitations they please and your stuck with it, not to mention if you get caught cheating or accidentally get pulled into something you should be doing... *banned* or chip your machine and its useless, all those games and or associated accounts attached to the console, gone..

I've always recommended a PC to people if they are able to get one in the past, and that recommendation only gets stronger as the years go by.

If your friends are getting Xbox One it would be best to get one as well for social reasons. You don't want to become the odd guy out when they're all having a blast playing together.

If your friends are getting Xbox One it would be best to get one as well for social reasons. You don't want to become the odd guy out when they're all having a blast playing together.

I understand what your saying, but getting something because others have it, is a bad way to think, getting it because of content they will enjoy is fair enough, and if they enjoy what there friends will play then yeah, not sure if thats how you meant it or not :P

I would say PC because you can improve it over time unlike a Xbox Uno...

I would say pick up the PC the initial price-point is higher, but you will save money on games later on. Also fixing a PC is usually easier than fixing a broken console. Also mods are awesome, and once you get used to the controls they feel way better.  

You shouldn't be buying anything simply because someone else is, that's number 1. Your gaming platform should be what you want it to be, not what your friends want it to be. Do you like Xbox exclusives? If you do, then your choice is simple, Xbox it is. If you don't care about the exclusives in the least bit then PC (or even PS4) might be right for you. It will cost a bit more initially to match the power of the Xbox One, but it isn't that much more to start. You can still play with a controller (I do) and the sales on games can end up making it cheaper in the long run. Make the choice for you, not your friends.

I understand what your saying, but getting something because others have it, is a bad way to think, getting it because of content they will enjoy is fair enough, and if they enjoy what there friends will play then yeah, not sure if thats how you meant it or not :P

I'm not saying he should do it just to follow the crowd, I'm saying that for social reasons it would make more sense to buy an Xbox One. I don't fully know his social situation but if its a deal where everyone's sitting around the lunch table at school or break room at work talking about how they kicked ass on Xbox One last night and how they're going to get together and do it again it will really suck for him to be the PC guy.

I'm not saying he should do it just to follow the crowd, I'm saying that for social reasons it would make more sense to buy an Xbox One. I don't fully know his social situation but if its a deal where everyone's sitting around the lunch table at school or break room at work talking about how they kicked ass on Xbox One last night and how they're going to get together and do it again it will really suck for him to be the PC guy.

Having seen all my old Xbox Live friend eventually move on to PC gaming and quickly find new groups of people to play with, I don't think it ever sucks to be the PC guy.

I say get the Xbox One. That's where your friends are, it's cheaper, it's easier to use, and it has great exclusives! :)

Oh dear. Is this really a hard choice?

• I bought an HP Workstation for $200. (off the net)
  • Got a 19' monitor for $100 (for editing mostly...there's cheaper)
  • Plugged in my Nvidia video card I got for $70. (also off the net)
  • Runs just about any 2012/13 game.
  • Great for Video recording/editing. (what I bought it for initially)

If you can you should go with the PC. Better graphic ( in most cases), better control, cheaper games via steam and other retailers, mods mods mods. 

^Mods, well said, don't have to go crazy with the custom building though^

And if you miss the controls, get a 360 controller, almost all ported games to PC support it.

I'll say PC because I'm biased against microsoft by every degree at this point. Everything past Windows 7 has been a mistake in my eyes.

Depends on what you have a budget for, what you wanna do, and where most of your friends will be playing.

Me personally, I went PC instead of ps4/x1 even though my friends were on ps4. I made this choice because I want to do IT as a career and figured the best way to learn is to work with my own PC. This really helped me get a push into beginning my studies.

So consider all the factors first. Like most people have already said before me, PC does cost a little more, but the games are a lot cheaper thanks to sales. However there will be issues that come up with your PC and a game you get. If you will have the patience to deal with those issues then go with PC. If you don't consoles it is, at least you'll get to play with your buddies. You don't wanna miss out on them.