• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BSB

Fallout 4: In Development?

14 posts in this topic

Alright, surprised I haven't seen this one out yet on the forums - correct me if I'm wrong - Fallout 4 may possibly be in development under the codename Institue. From files collected by Kotaku they've found many similarities in casting and scripts related to the Fallout Universe, most especially the line, "War. War never changes." 

Judging by the titles and this article by Gamespot: Set in Boston the game is rumored to be set exactly where that article says it is. 

But alright, I won't pursue farther - if you're interested, go take a gander at that link above. Or, you take it directly to the Kotaku article here.

Enjoy and debate away.

(Also, direct me to a post related to this and I'll happily request to take this down, so long as its within reason.)

Actly there have been many Topics covering the What IF about this But nothing Directly covering this and they Have been Hush hush about it but have already TM the name Fallout 4 so you can Imagine that its around the corner unless something big sweeps there game under the rug 

sorry im getting tempted to post past date stale fish to kotaku if anyone else quotes them for finding stuff out .. ive seen everything they post elsewhere first *begins inner rant ...done*  bah sorry dont take that for you, just in general...

Yeah this has been common knowledge a while about the bethesda team in Boston and this game was always gonna happen, what really twists my nips is some folk are now trying to press the issue of getting the setting moved to china, pre war.. I have no issues with a glimpse into the mindset of why the war was, but thats not fallout for me, this is about conspiracies and secrets in the US and i love it for that, going to china for a sequel seems well just wrong, i am looking forward to more about the institute, theres a few folk on a forum who are gathering alot of actual facts if anyone can find them, good people and they dont rumour mill stuff, one pic they have is of a known bethesda staff member taking photos from the roofs of buildings of other buildings.. hopefully itll all come out officially by fall next year. After TESo has come and the next news can begin..

I really hope this is true, because Fallout is my favorite game series. It contains every aspect of video games that I like. I love the karma systems, V.A.T.S., even just strolling through the wasteland. So I guess my point of view is probably biased when I say that this is definately Fallout 4

just because a game is in-development, doesn't mean it will be released to the public. In-fact it may never be seen by the public at all because of the companies decision to not release this product, which happens to many games you do not know about, nor will ever know about

just because a game is in-development, doesn't mean it will be released to the public. In-fact it may never be seen by the public at all because of the companies decision to not release this product, which happens to many games you do not know about, nor will ever know about

I can't see them canceling a Fallout project, honestly.

I am annoyed that everyone is talking about "Fallout 4", when they SHOULD be talking about Fahrenheit 2! Which, heh, may or possibly may not be getting a trailer soon.

If they do decide to make this, it'll be great. Honestly it would be. Lets just see waht they do about public advertisement. I remember when GTA V had a trailer leaked I think? Then Rockstar released pics of the types of things you can do. MAYBE Bethesda will do the same this time around. IF they fully develop the game. 

I'm still disappointed from the hoax issue. I can't buy into anything until I see it from Bethesda themselves. Anybody can create a document like that.

I am annoyed that everyone is talking about "Fallout 4", when they SHOULD be talking about Fahrenheit 2! Which, heh, may or possibly may not be getting a trailer soon.

If you release another dreadful game, I will find you and destroy you.

Joke aside - though I'm pretty serious about yelling if Cage releases another shitty game about "EMOTIONS" and "GAME OVER ARE FAILURES OF THE GAME DESIGNER" -, I'm quite excited about Fallout 4. Though, I wish they'll use another game engine than the Oblivion's engine. Like, a new one specifically created for the Fallout series, but I guess I can only dream.

getting the setting moved to china, pre war..

Pre-war? Well, that'll be boring as shit. What's the game gonna be about? Buying a place in a Vault, then moving into said Vault?

I'm still disappointed from the hoax issue. I can't buy into anything until I see it from Bethesda themselves. Anybody can create a document like that.

The hoax did shake a few things up, but imagine if it was just a huge coverup for Bethesda because people were getting way too close so now they made a "fake" website to sow confusion and doubt among fans so that they can make the game in peace.

Add punctuation as needed.

Joke aside - though I'm pretty serious about yelling if Cage releases another shitty game about "EMOTIONS" and "GAME OVER ARE FAILURES OF THE GAME DESIGNER" -, I'm quite excited about Fallout 4. Though, I wish they'll use another game engine than the Oblivion's engine. Like, a new one specifically created for the Fallout series, but I guess I can only dream.

Well, they used the Oblivion Engine because that was the best thing at the time. At least the game will be on par with Skyrim if they decide to cheap out and use that engine.

I remember discussion about a new engine from Bethesda recently - now I'm gonna go dig that up. If I find anything I'll report back - if not? Well sorry I either got lazy or couldn't find anything. 

Silly to even speculate that there isnt a Fallout 4 in development. While don't get me wrong I love all the hype and what not since I love Fallout but the fact that Fallout 4 ISNT in development didnt even cross my mind. I personally think its insane to even think it, it's a matter of when NOT if we'll have another fallout game. There is too much money in the Fallout Series to just walk away from the series.

Silly to even speculate that there isnt a Fallout 4 in development. While don't get me wrong I love all the hype and what not since I love Fallout but the fact that Fallout 4 ISNT in development didnt even cross my mind. I personally think its insane to even think it, it's a matter of when NOT if we'll have another fallout game. There is too much money in the Fallout Series to just walk away from the series.

Agreed - the only time they're going to walk away from it is when they kill it through a bad design move. Which I hope will never happen.