• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

PrinceofWar

Games that are not worth the hype they are given?

97 posts in this topic

Hey guys POW here, so what games do you guys believe is over hyped?

Battlefield 3 on consoles i felt like it was plain bad graphic wise, and it dident hold up well compared to PC

donut_king2 likes this

Rome 2 is one of the clearest examples of over hyping and not delivering IMO. There could be others but the bad side of the gaming community doesn't capture my attention for too long.

PrinceofWar likes this

OMG thank you! I agree completely

Yeah it's just the same thing over and over and they know it. I think Battlefield 4 has nothing to worry about. 

Yeah it's just the same thing over and over and they know it. I think Battlefield 4 has nothing to worry about.

Yes I will be getting bf4 soon I won't regret a thing

Yes I will be getting bf4 soon I won't won't regret a thing

And which is why AngryJoe decided to make BF4 servers for the army ;)

donut_king2 likes this

It's a no brainer that Call of Duty Ghost is just a rip off. And oh, get this:

The game ends on a cliffhanger.

What a way to rip money off the fans.

Tacey127, Glaice and SHOTSFIRED like this

Hmm I'm not really interested in the story but it's definatly a gimmick to get people to buy the sequel

Pretty much any game that is praised by IGN/Gamestop/anyone else who isn't a YouTube reviewer. Other than that, GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption. Call me the devil(Which I would take as a compliment) but I found GTA 4 Boring compared to SR2. And Red Dead Redemption, I wanted to be an Outlaw! And every time I'd die, I would be back at the next part of the story.That and I was bad at it so I died a lot. And Halo 4. Completely forgettable. My brother(Who I played all the others with) played the first three mission and we haven't touched it in about six months.

And which is why AngryJoe decided to make BF4 servers for the army ;)

Ahh I would be the first one to join

DayZ. I understand where fun can be had, but too much time is spent fighting the games mechanics and bugs to enjoy it unless you are in a 4+ hour play session.

Just in my opinion!

PrinceofWar likes this

Pretty much any game that is praised by IGN/Gamestop/anyone else who isn't a YouTube reviewer. Other than that, GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption. Call me the devil(Which I would take as a compliment) but I found GTA 4 Boring compared to SR2. And Red Dead Redemption, I wanted to be an Outlaw! And every time I'd die, I would be back at the next part of the story.That and I was bad at it so I died a lot. And Halo 4. Completely forgettable. My brother(Who I played all the others with) played the first three mission and we haven't touched it in about six months.

I actually agree with you on this one gta 4 was really Boreing and dragged out

Patty-Jack likes this

Thanks, I wont get it. I wont fall for this AGAIN!!

donut_king2 likes this

Thanks, I wont get it. I wont fall for this AGAIN!!

At least the Angry Army knows that COD is bad! :D

donut_king2 likes this

Thats a tough one, but im going to go out on a limb and say the elder scrolls online, im a HUGE elder scrolls fan and I just feel like im going to be disappointed.

most CoD games are always getting over hyped 

ANYTHING Peter Molyneux says,

black and white, giant panda gods thats all!

MILO kinect....LMFAO

Fable series, good but nowhere near the hype

The guy is walking bullshit machine

Bioshock Infinite was plain awful in almost every aspect. It's game play was extremely dull and it's plot was as messy as my room, and I don't ever clean my room.

At least the Angry Army knows that COD is bad! :D

To be honest I quite enjoy COD. The single player that is, I enjoy big ridiculous insane crap going on and COD usually delivers on that. I actually had a blast with the campaign in Ghosts, it was worth the purchase for me. Everything that was going on was so damn stupid I couldn't help but enjoy myself!

COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4....... FPS are limited in what they can offer.  Ok Bioshock infinite was different.......what saves them is the multiplayer. which are epic when played with others.  

How come no one has put War Z?

They kept trying to say it would be the DayZ killer, that it would be soo amazing and there was this whole forum war in some places of DayZ fans and people supporting WarZ arguing..

And then it was released...

.....*huddles in a corner*

COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4....... FPS are limited in what they can offer.  Ok Bioshock infinite was different.......what saves them is the multiplayer. which are epic when played with others.  

Honestly what saved Ghosts for me was it's single player campaign, it was a bunch of fun. Although it's PC port is atrocious.