• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linkfan3

Fallout

25 posts in this topic

Just seeing people's opinion of the series, I think it's really good.

I think the fact that they managed to mesh RPG elements with such a unique setting is the biggest reason I love it so much

I liked 1, 2, and Tactics and Wasteland that it was based on.

Fallout 3 is the best RPG of all time, nothing comes close. In fact it's even ten times better than its predecessors. Anyone who tells you otherwise has never played it.

Fallout 3 is the best RPG of all time, nothing comes close. In fact it's even ten times better than its predecessors. Anyone who tells you otherwise has never played it.

I have to agree fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time i mustered 180 hours of game play all on just one character hahaha that was summer vacation for me

The reasons people enjoyed the first four in the series was due to options, for every sequence in the game there was a hundred different endings tailored to your gameplay style, the jokes were funnier, and the puzzles/decisions were more apparent in the affect they had upon the "world".

Now I enjoy fallout 3, so don't take this as me saying it sucked, but it did lack in the aforementioned areas. Bew Vegas incorporated more of the multiple decision route, and expanded upon the foundation fallout 3 created. Here's to hoping 4 takes it to the next level!!

Has anyone tried playing it with mods on? 

Near enough everyone that owns it on PC....

One of the reasons the more recent Fallout games and the Elder Scrolls games sell so well on PC is because of mods.

On topic.....

I've enjoyed all the Fallout games. From when Interplay dumped us in our first vault.

While it does cover quite a heavy theme, nuclear war, it manages to pull it off without taking itself seriously. The humour in the game works really well.

The first 2 were simply awesome, the 3rd modded with Wanderer Edition is good, NV is one of the few games that i never finished, the story was so dull for me that i preferred to quit, the improved gameplay coming with ProjectNevada wasn't enough to save that game.

The first 2 were simply awesome, the 3rd modded with Wanderer Edition is good, NV is one of the few games that i never finished, the story was so dull for me that i preferred to quit, the improved gameplay coming with ProjectNevada wasn't enough to save that game.

I still don't understand this. Well NV story wasn't good neither was 3

I still don't understand this. Well NV story wasn't good neither was 3

It was better in my opinion but talking about story it's obviously a pretty personal opinion, NV's story was just shallow compared to the 3rd. Again, that's just my opinion.

It was better in my opinion but talking about story it's obviously a pretty personal opinion, NV's story was just shallow compared to the 3rd. Again, that's just my opinion.

I have to agree with that, NV didn't had a great story to interest me for a while, the general world in it was okay but the ending wasn't my cup of tea, and the dlc's were okay but not a lot of them, deadmoney was bad enough I hated the area in that dlc so much it was just the same buildings over and over again.

Commander Shepard likes this

The reasons people enjoyed the first four in the series was due to options, for every sequence in the game there was a hundred different endings tailored to your gameplay style, the jokes were funnier, and the puzzles/decisions were more apparent in the affect they had upon the "world".

Now I enjoy fallout 3, so don't take this as me saying it sucked, but it did lack in the aforementioned areas. Bew Vegas incorporated more of the multiple decision route, and expanded upon the foundation fallout 3 created. Here's to hoping 4 takes it to the next level!!

Yeah I know in Wasteland 2's kickstarter InXile made fun of Fallout 3 "we want this to be a first person shooter" but I like what they did with it however New Vegas definitely felt a little more... I don't know open with how it could be played but its certainly still an enjoyable series (I still enjoy the older ones though even wasteland or I should say I enjoy them now as wasteland was before my time... don't get me wrong).

Also on this topic I'm currently playing the 1st one and I was in necropolis and this super mutant took me down to this other super mutant who started talking about making me a dipshit or something and now I'm stuck in a cell now there is a door but I haven't invested any points whatsoever into lock picking so I cant open it and nothing seems to be happening no matter how long I wait I don't want any spoilers or anything but is lock picking skill the only way out? or what's all going on here.

The story isn't very good in my opinion. I have only played fallout 3 and fallout new vegas. I don't like their game mechanics and I think the games art design is poorly chosen. I enjoyed both games but never finished them because I never felt the need to continue playing. Made game mechanics and no real interesting Story besides a couple side missions here and there. No interest. Also I don't like the combat to much. Always getting a recap of you kills gets annoying after the 10th time. I would buy a fallout game because I still managed to have fun for a good couple hours in previous games and it has the potential to be a good game. The sad part is a couple hours is why I would be willing to get the game shows how boring most games are getting now days.

I loved the first 3. They were pretty fun and I loved the setting and the lore. When I bought Fallout 3 I shat bricks. I clocked in over 100 hours on the 360 version and that was only the base game. When I got the dlc...now the game is great! I enjoyed Fallout New Vegas, but the game just wasn't as good as it should have been. It's a good thing I borrowed it from a friend of mine because to me it felt like a $40 game or less. It shouldn't have been sold at $60 on day one. They used the same engine and the models weren't all that different. It felt like an expansion.

Fallout 2 and New Vegas are my personal favorites. Fallout 2 was probably one of the most challenging games I've ever played, but it was well worth it. I've only managed to beat it once. 

When it comes to the modern Fallout games I would have said Fallout 3 as originally that was my first fallout game and I thought it was awesome, but after playing New Vegas and playing the original games. I gotta say NV feels closer to a truer Fallout experience. There is so much to explore, so much to do, and I honestly after more fun roaming the Mojave than the capital wasteland.

They used the same engine and the models weren't all that different. It felt like an expansion.

Blame for that is all on Beth

I only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and i liked them a lot. Still have to try 1,2 and Tactics, and Wasteland too.

fallout 1 2 and new vegas are some of my fav games ever but i did also really enjoyed fallout 3 just not as much as the others but i for one didnt like fallout tactics i just couldnt get in to it

I´ve played all Fallout games and must say every has it´s own glorious moment but I think F2 is the best. I´ve finished it for xyz times and almost every time I discovered something new. Whole new perception of game opens up when you raise for exemple: speech. Although I must say F3 and NW, both with their add-ons, are masterpieces for themselves.

With Half life and Diablo 2, Fallout series are games I never erase from my PC. Ever.

I love the fallout games and I own all of them 1,2,tactics,3,and new vegas. Fallout 3 is the best and fallout new vegas is the worst in terms of story.  I wish fallout 1 and 2 were not as hard. Anyways lots of my random opinions of fallout.

I ADORE Fallout, especially New Vegas, which is my favourite RPG of all time. Such a brilliant and immersive game. I have been tempted to start a new run in recent times but it would be the worst time ever with coursework deadlines piling up, especially as I have barely touched the mods available. I also love Fallout 3 but I felt it kinda lacked in terms of world building and I prefer the more dubious morality choices found within NV.

I also picked the original titles when GOG gave them for free. I should get round to trying those. 

I have found my new hometopic. 

I've only ever played 3 and New Vegas so I can't say too much about the older ones. Between the two that I did play, I think Fallout 3 was the surperior one, but only slightly. It didn't make the rookie mistake of spoiling the entire main storyline in it's introduction, but F3's storyline felt very forced to the goodie two-shoes way. So, my evil character didn't like my dad, hates the world, has murdered everyone who looked at him funny and mutilates corpses with a Ripper for fun? Too bad, you're going to help out the Brotherhood of Steel anyway, and your only "Evil" choice is to contaminate all water with a virus that turns out to be a kick in the balls when playing the Broken Steel DLC.

On the other hand, NV's weapon variety and customization felt very fun and was the obvious strong point of the game, but it's locations,rewards for exploring and sidequests just suuuucccked. I remember this one place on the map called "tribal village" and it got me super-curious. Are these guys cannibals? Zulu's? Anything along those lines? No. It's a place with four tents, some Khan-corpses and it turned out to be invested with those MOTHERF*KING KILLER CAZADORES.

I hate Cazadores.