• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sonny

My 3 Questions

15 posts in this topic

I just wanted to ask some random Questions to see what type of people we have here in the =AJSA=

Maybe get a more deeper response from some of you i have 3 questions below that i want you to answer truthfully and honestly  if you can do that

1.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like. And like so many things we don’t do?

2.Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?

3.What is the difference to you between living and existing?

Fyi please if you cant refrain from posting a mature and serious answer don't post nothing at all i want  to see how people think

Answer it to however you see it the best way to hopefully when i wake up there will be some good answers

your 3 answers.

1. We do so many things that we don't like, so that we can do the things we like.

2.*Not gonna answer this one*

3. existing is simply being here, living is doing something! Like being in prison for life is not living, it is simply being there.*philosophical definition that is weird and subjective*

1.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like. And like so many things we don’t do?

Damn bro, we need a 'deep' topic category in the forums for this. I'll go for it though.

1. Things we don't like sometimes have to happen to create things we do like. Confronting for example, uncomfortable as hell, but it helps make amends.
  2. Some regrets, but not to the point of crippling me. Everyone's got them. The past is a means of learning right?
  3. Living is making a choice on a daily basis, existing is wasting oxygen by repeating the same thing.

Props for the topic, makes you think, I like these.

Lhotse5, SteelRodent, Sonny and 1 other like this

I just wanted to ask some random Questions to see what type of people we have here in the =AJSA=

Maybe get a more deeper response from some of you i have 3 questions below that i want you to answer truthfully and honestly  if you can do that

Fyi please if you cant refrain from posting a mature and serious answer don't post nothing at all i want  to see how people think

Answer it to however you see it the best way to hopefully when i wake up there will be some good answers

mofoyh4au3.gif

1.  Currently I don't do much I hate but in my old jobs I did so I could enjoy the more expensive things in life I do, So yeah you gotta slug through some stuff you dislike to enable you to be able to do the things you do love.

2.  Not interested in answering this one personally 

3.  Easy 5.4 seconds. 

Sonny likes this

1) Money. People work crap jobs and sometimes hurt others committing money-related crimes because they need money...usually and the reason I don't do a lot of the things I like is because I can't afford to do them or at least do them as often as I would like.

2) No. I worked my 12 Steps in A.A. with a really good sponsor, when I got sober 7 yrs. ago and I no longer hold onto resentments as a result and that would be the only applicable thing I can think of, in regards to your question.

3) That depends on the individual and their situation and state of mind really. I suppose it really comes down to quality to life and happiness and that can be something different for everybody. I've known wealthy people who have become little more than miserable caretakers of their possessions and lower income people who live happy and fulfilling lives, rich in ways that cannot be measured monetarily. So I would say, live every day to the fullest because you never really know if it will be your last.

Don't think so ? All the people who died in car accidents and other accidental deaths today, do you think when they woke up this morning they thought today would be their last day ? Something to think about.

Sonny likes this

Edit: What, no one else likes theoretical and philosophical musing? D'aww.

Well, it's an awkward response for the first -

I:

We do things that we don't like - not because we like them deep down or because our life forces us to - because we are most familiar with the motions. We do the things we despise for such a simple reason as it is easy for us to do. It's something that we understand how it affects us and how well we actually do it. It's quite simply a hard habit to break - that's all it is. If we start doing the things we like to do, keep a schedule and do them regularly, we'll begin to break ourselves of the mold that we've created for us.

I'm more subject to this than I should like, it's a concept I've rolled over in my mind time and again. Hypocracy, you could say, is the thing I'm most attuned to in the daily life. I know what -should- be done, but I never quite find myself doing it unless I have that extra kick of spontaneity that allows me to follow through. It call comes back to those killer habits that we form in our lives that are so unhealthy and so unjust to do - mentally at least.

A career that we don't like is another subject entirely, but the same argument can be made - to a degree, at least. We do the motions because we know them and we've become good at them. But that should never hold a developing mind back from learning more and chasing after what we want to know. Whether academically or knowing a physical skill - pursue! 

II: 

I'm holding on to a lot of things that I should have let go a long, long time ago. It's just another part of maturing and realizing that some things aren't worth keeping and - counter to my previous mention of pursuit - should be let to lie and be as they may. Most especially the hope for one person in particular, she'll always be my best friend but life has thrown us both some curves that have taken us farther away. Such is the way things go. I'm sad to say that I've come back from something good for her especially when she needed someone but I'm tentative of going back. 

Another thing that I've held close to far too long has been fear. The great fears of personal appeal, of being what everyone wants, and of making mistakes and being wrong. No one likes being wrong and everyone enjoys looking good. And no one especially wants to let anyone else down. But trying to hold myself to such a tight requirement of moral and personal perfection isn't easy. Every mistake is taken like a bullet instead of a learning experience, which isn't healthy by any means. - Likely I've figured this out a few weeks back and have been in the rhythm of letting things go and enjoying the moment instead of having the constant nagging fear of doing something wrong. Certainly the past few weeks have been the best I've had in years.

III:

The difference between existing in this world and living in it is exactly what I'm presenting now by looking at this very screen and answering these questions. I'm existing by staring at a screen for over 6 hours a day but I'm living by putting forth my mind and searching for answers to some things I might not have questioned before. Life is taking experience and turning it into a story - quite honestly living out an event that others have not and choosing to share it or keep it to yourself. Meanwhile I'm also looking for new answers to old questions and imagining new questions that need answering. 

Existence is a Box. Inside that box there are other things that exist in their own boxes and then there's boxes within that. After all, the human conscious isn't an independant entity as it things it is. It's a cumulative formula of trillions upon trillions of locations and atoms and particles that all coincide to form a cohesive thought while being influenced by internal and external events. The conscious mind cannot exist on its own without anything to aid it. But, so sadly and strangely does the concious mind take on an unconscious state of autonomy to push it through a day without considering anything. - That is existence. Being in a location made up of so many things and merely existing there for the sake of it.

Living is different. You live by existince and pulling that conscious mind out of its automic state and telling it that there's something new there, or something strange or something scary. As an individual you have the chance to create a universe inside your mind influenced by so many things from your own imagination to the very grass under your feet. Your perception is altered and influenced by everything going on around you, to you, and within you that it's boggling to try and sit down and sort through it all - but it's fun! This universe has so many chances for you to come alive and experience life as it was meant to be - rather than existing for the soul purpose of filling a cog in the cosmic machine that turns the sun and stars across the sky.

In truth, you are an infinitesimally small, insignificantly big object. Quite the oxymoron, yes, but! With proper consideration it's entirely true. Your mind is the only object of which you are totally aware of that is able to experience what this universe is and what it has to offer! That's scary when you think about it, but at the same time it's quite refreshing as it can lead one to believe nearly anything is possible given enough hope and influence. To be so alone that nothing truly exists and your mind is its own contained universe, yet within that universe you can create anything that you wish and see it come to light. 

That right there raises the question of what is reality and how is it that we know we exist? Are we really here? Do we mean anything? What is the purpose of my life and how is it that writing this message and having a reader review it influence anything at all? 

Questions - questions, answers, hopes, conjectures, consideration, collaboration, - life. 

"I want to go for a walk today." 

Why?: "Because I can. Because I want to be healthy. Because I am bored. Because, because, because."

Well that's all fine and dandy, but what purpose does it serve? 

"I want to be healthy, I want to live long and I want to be sexy for someone." The list goes on.

Okay, but why?

"So I can be happy."

Why?

"What do you mean why?"

Ultimately our life is about questions and experiences to give answers to fill our cosmic book of tales. In this pursuit we answer questions, develope questions, and pass our knowledge and consideration to the next generation and the next after that. If not our own kin than those of someone else through convection of thought and voice in our society. Silence and inaction is the existence of being, but vocality and motion gives birth to life.

I hope these musings answer your question, Commander.

shiieeet dawg idk

Fyi please if you cant refrain from posting a mature and serious answer don't post nothing at all 

Well, dammit.

That's me out then.

1. Can't make happiness without making some suffering. Gotta have balance. Good to go with bad. Sad to go with happy. And so on.

2. Yeah.

3. Existing is breathing, but not doing.

Living is not breathing, but doing.

1. Lack of opportunities, or failure to see them. Sometimes, it seems like we are forced into doing certain things we dislike, or we miss the chance to seize them.

2. Yes.

3. Living is taking advantage of what's given to you, attempting to live your life to the fullest, making the hard choices, taking chances.. Existing is never making the hard choices, settling into a cycle, and never wanting to change it.

1) We do things we don't like so we can value that which we do.

2) Yes.

3) Living to me is  participating and having value in life's day to day experiences whereas just existing is just going threw the motions of daily life without care about what is going on around you. One is giving a shit and the other is not pretty much.

Because life aint perfect and there are somethings that suck but you otta do it. No matter how you live your life there's going to be some shit you don't want to do, but you gotta. If there are things you want to do but haven't, then do them, if you don't do them that's your problem.

Probably

They are one and the same to me.

1) Money. People work crap jobs and sometimes hurt others committing money-related crimes because they need money...usually and the reason I don't do a lot of the things I like is because I can't afford to do them or at least do them as often as I would like.

2) No. I worked my 12 Steps in A.A. with a really good sponsor, when I got sober 7 yrs. ago and I no longer hold onto resentments as a result and that would be the only applicable thing I can think of, in regards to your question.

3) That depends on the individual and their situation and state of mind really. I suppose it really comes down to quality to life and happiness and that can be something different for everybody. I've known wealthy people who have become little more than miserable caretakers of their possessions and lower income people who live happy and fulfilling lives, rich in ways that cannot be measured monetarily. So I would say, live every day to the fullest because you never really know if it will be your last.

Don't think so ? All the people who died in car accidents and other accidental deaths today, do you think when they woke up this morning they thought today would be their last day ? Something to think about.

Proud of you buddy for completing the 12 steps had a friend who was in the same place as you not a nice one