• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jinzuro

Capcom pulling Marvel vs Capcom 2 & UMVC3... Dafuq?

39 posts in this topic

So my buddy just sent me the link to this and my mind is blown as to what reason they would have for pulling this stunt. Apparently their pulling the games from microsoft and sony's storefronts. Just trashing it it seems to the beyond.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130537-Capcom-Pulls-Marvel-vs-Capcom-From-Digital-Stores

Now that's just stupid.

Unless Capcom give those characters away as free downloads. Which is very unlikely.

Ahhh, Capcom does shit no one can explain.

In other words .... a Japanese game company doing what Japanese game companies do .... shit no one can explain, not even them.

Knighthawk23, BSB and Jinzuro like this

Most rumors (As in, he's in SSBU) seem to point to Capcom selling Megaman to Nintendo.

Unconfirmed, just a rumor. All that good stuff.

Most rumors (As in, he's in SSBU) seem to point to Capcom selling Megaman to Nintendo.

That would be awesome! Nintendo would treat the Mega Man franchise with respect. Honestly, I'd love to see WayForward develop a Mega Man game in the same style as Duck Tales Remastered.

Even if that room proved to be true it still wouldn't explain this debacle. I mean how many people already have the game? What would be the point in doing this....unless their just trying to get eyes shifted towards them or either away from something else.

That would be awesome! Nintendo would treat the Mega Man franchise with respect. Honestly, I'd love to see WayForward develop a Mega Man game in the same style as Duck Tales Remastered.

That would bring for more megaman games, but now we have Mighty No. 9

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Sigma081 likes this

I'm sorry but megaman will be reborned as mighty no.9 and how will nintendo use megaman persona when inafune will be using it

I'm sorry but megaman will be reborned as mighty no.9 and how will nintendo use megaman persona when inafune will be using it

MN9 is the spiritual successor to MM, but that doesn't mean that more MM games can't be made. Like how Guilty Gear creator Daisuke Ishiwatari lost the rights to make GG games and then started the BlazeBlue series but there are still upcoming Guilty Gear games.

MN9 is the spiritual successor to MM, but that doesn't mean that more MM games can't be made. Like how Guilty Gear creator Daisuke Ishiwatari lost the rights to make GG games and then started the BlazeBlue series but there are still upcoming Guilty Gear games.

Even if Capcom will still make megaman games they'll won't sell one of their most valuable character

@SgtMerrick (sorry but my computer won't let me quote for some reason)

Doubtful they sold Megaman, it would be like saying Sony sold Metal Gear to Nintendo because Snake was in Brawl. Unless they say officially they sold it, I won't believe it.

As for the OP's post, well, Capcom has been going downhill for awhile. Biggest mistake was them canceling Megaman Legends 3.

Doubtful they sold Megaman, it would be like saying Sony sold Metal Gear to Nintendo because Snake was in Brawl. Unless they say officially they sold it, I won't believe it.

As for the OP's post, well, Capcom has been going downhill for awhile. Biggest mistake was them canceling Megaman Legends 3.

It would seem these many companies make the same mistake of putting the wrong people in charge. I can't understand their though process because from a business perspective... their losing out. They should know before they implement them that the ideas their coming up with are horrible ones.

Sad to see MvC2 go.

Yeah, MvC3 was huge in the tourney scene, but I really didn't like it.

Maybe this is some legal bullshit from Marvel?

Skull Girls is going through something kinda sorta like that with Konami.

Everything will be delisted off of XBLA and PSN on Dec 17. If you don't have any of the dlc, havn't gotten updates, or you want a digital copy, get it now...

http://segmentnext.com/2013/12/14/two-marvel-vs-capcom-games-are-being-delisted-from-xblapsn-store/

Sad to see MvC2 go.

Yeah, MvC3 was huge in the tourney scene, but I really didn't like it.

Maybe this is some legal bullshit from Marvel?

Skull Girls is going through something kinda sorta like that with Konami.

But Skull Girls got some fantastic Rule 34 ........ I was told.

When something like this happens it's usually prompted by a dispute over distribution rights. In the vast majority of cases these disputes are settled out of court, ie the dispute itself and its conclusion is not for public consumption. This is of course only speculation, but it's the most likely scenario.

all you guys are wrong

capcoms license with marvel is up and so they have to give up the DLC and digital distribution of the games

BUT the games are still sold in gamestops etc

UMVC3 will still be played in tourney

all you guys are wrong

capcoms license with marvel is up and so they have to give up the DLC and digital distribution of the games

BUT the games are still sold in gamestops etc

UMVC3 will still be played in tourney

If their license is up with marvel why would they continue distribution via physical copies as well? Wouldn't there only be games still sold in gamestop until their all bought up since their not making more? So it would only still be selling until the stock ran out wouldn't it?

I would imagine a tourney would still be going on, alot of people already have the game so there would be no reason to stop it just because distribution of it has stopped. Its been out long enough for a good amount of the populace to get ahold of.

The rights for something must have changed. Usually what happens, a lot of games have been taken off digital stores.

b7d1febb6ca0c3a17d168cafbd81577d764c4496

If their license is up with marvel why would they continue distribution via physical copies as well? Wouldn't there only be games still sold in gamestop until their all bought up since their not making more? So it would only still be selling until the stock ran out wouldn't it?

I would imagine a tourney would still be going on, alot of people already have the game so there would be no reason to stop it just because distribution of it has stopped. Its been out long enough for a good amount of the populace to get ahold of.

They are only selling physical copies until stock run out. It really doesn't change anything. People who wants the game probably already have it.

The rights for something must have changed. Usually what happens, a lot of games have been taken off digital stores.

That makes the most sense in all this. When licenses were mentioned it clicked. Initially it threw me off. 

b7d1febb6ca0c3a17d168cafbd81577d764c4496

I just watched that movie the other day. Ah, good childhood memories.

They are only selling physical copies until stock run out. It really doesn't change anything. People who wants the game probably already have it.

Thats what I said. I was putting it in question referring to the response from "OMG Long Hair" that we were all wrong. Even though my only statement was the first comment on the issue. The rest was guessing as to what was going on. 

I just watched that movie the other day. Ah, good childhood memories.

Stephen King's books are better when someone else made a movie out of them. Except Dreamcatcher which is just a piece of shit both in the movie and the novel. Aliens coming out of your ass. WTF

Stephen King's books are better when someone else made a movie out of them. Except Dreamcatcher which is just a piece of shit both in the movie and the novel. Aliens coming out of your ass. WTF

Yeah.... we don't talk about Dreamcatcher

I said it was just a rumor, and one that has only sprung up because of Capcom's lack of money and Megaman being featured in SSB. People seem to have drawn their conclusions too early.

FuckingPennywise.jpg

Thank you Wraithmaw. Thank you for reminding me that... thing exists.

I'm suing you for any nightmares I get. >: (