• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheShadowReaper

Anime fans is the AJSA? being a true Otaku.

72 posts in this topic

A manga that was better than the anime is Rave Master. You guys should read it (since the guy that did Fairy Tail did this first. Ploo is in it).

Dogs is a good manga too.

BiOmega is too, but... it's weird. Like... REALLY weird.

Wow, for the longest time I couldn't remember Rave Master's name. Thanks, now I can search for it.

Sol Omega likes this

Just gonna quickly answer the title because I'm lazy and tired

Well, no. Because by the very definition of the word 'otaku' you need to actually be Japanese to be one :P So only the Japanese members.

Just gonna quickly answer the title because I'm lazy and tired

Well, no. Because by the very definition of the word 'otaku' you need to actually be Japanese to be one :P So only the Japanese members.

plus most non-Japanese do not collect Figures from there fav Anime anyway

my fav setting for most my animes is Romance, Martial arts, slice of life, and harems i love watch one guy get the snot knocked out of him from 3-5 women 

Recently started reading this Manga http://mangafox.me/manga/dragons_rioting/ very funny

My favorite animes are Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, Afro Samurai, Samurai Shamploo, Big O, Gundam Z,  Baki The Grabbler, Beserk, Samurai 7, Ghost in a Shell, Hellsing, Tenchi Muyo, Akira, and more older animes. One of my favorite animes is Hajime-no-ippo, and awesome boxing anime, witih intense fights, great characters, great music, and a good amount of episodes. DOn't much care for the new anime honestly, there are only a few i like.... Most don't have great plots, likable characters, ect. See a lot of Slice of Life, Romance, Harems, and such that i just don't really care about. Tenchi Muyo is a good harem, because it has a lot of action in it, and isn't only focused on relationships. My favorite anime genres are action, horror, mecha, Samurai, mystery, and sometimes comedy. 

hajime-no-ippo.jpg

TaintedBushido likes this

I was going to say I adore anime, manga and hentai but im not really an otaku.... I just consider myself  well versed in the various arts..

what?

I don't even.....

Do people actually watch this?

:huh:

Heh....They wouldn't make it if people didn't so I suppose they do..

Most certainly not an otaku, but I am a big anime fan, sadly at the moment there dosent seem to be anything out there that I like though, but I guess Girls Und Panzer is enjoyable enough.  

If I had to give some recommendations it would be the Macross Saga (Robotech through to Frontier), Martian Successor Nadesico, Voice of a Distant Star, Hellsing.  Detonator Orgun, Orguss 2, Wings of Honneamise, Patlabor, Heroic Age, Giant Robo, Trinity Blood, Yukikaze, The Tower of Druaga, Tenchi Muyo, Sakura Wars, Shadow Skill, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Eden of the East... Hmmm, and everything ever done my Ghibli :)

And a fun little Hellsing Ultimate clip for your enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBCvuh61BqU

Love my anime and my manga too. Started with DBZ when I was a child, watched and read more than I can count at present. Recently got my brother into it using Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), now he too watches them. Unfortunately for me, one of my favorites is Berserk, get like one chapter a year... (T_T)

I'm a huge fan of anime and have a large collection. I am running out of shelf space and building another one right now. I've seen so many, it's hard to keep track.

Recently, I just watched the dubbed of High School DxD and it is funny as hell.

For anyone who enjoyed Sword Art Online, have any of yous watched Log Horizon?

its good so far with a lot of promise, i think most would stay away from it because its premise is pretty much exactly like SAO.

Personally i fell off SAO because a fair few of the episodes seemed like fillers even though they were more like character development episodes

but Log Horizon has managed to hold my attention with a good protagonist and storyline so far.

I like anime and manga as well. As long as it puts a smile on my face and I get laughs out of it thumbs up. I personally can't stand the ultra violent or depressing ones, I avoid them like the plague just not my thing.

if you like (shingeki no kyojin) anime try to read the manga it makes the anime look like childs play xD exept that they only releas one chapter every month =/

The only anime I ever really watched to any degree was Code Geass I think I'm spelling that right. I also watched a little Bleach and some Inu? Yasha only because my sisters put them on though I never really got into them myself been playing videogames for as long as I've been able to hold a controller/joystick though.

I did, and watched the first five minutes of an episode.......

I think I'm gonna have to get off the internet for a while....

I need to rethink my life.

Take comfort in the knowledge that from now on, nothing can hurt you.

It can only get better.

Manga is an awesome thing! i watch some myself, may i dare ask the name of these shows? :)

Demon King Daimao

Highschool of the Dead

School Days

Campione

Is otaku really the word you should be using? xD Guess most people think it means anime fan, it means you are so obsessive over something you don't leave your home because you would rather do that.

Ehhhh that doesn't sound too accurate, also the term weabo is also thrown around sometimes. But that means you envelope yourself in all of japanese culture, not just anime. It's an insult that makes you sound like an idiot to those that know what it means. The word otaku originated in japan and if I remember correctly it was used as an insult at one point. Of course I could be completely wrong.

TheShadowReaper likes this

I did, and watched the first five minutes of an episode.......

I think I'm gonna have to get off the internet for a while....

I need to rethink my life.

Good lord what did he show you?! Please tell me it wasn't Boku No Pico?!

what?

I don't even.....

Do people actually watch this?

:huh:

RUN! RUN NOW AND DON'T LOOK BACK! NEVER WATCH A FULL EPISODE RUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!

Demon King Daimao

Highschool of the Dead

School Days

Campione

Oh good god school days.... The anime where the main protagonist literally FUCKS all of his problems. I despise this anime with a burning passion

BloodshotFenrir likes this

Ehhhh that doesn't sound too accurate, also the term weabo is also thrown around sometimes. But that means you envelope yourself in all of japanese culture, not just anime. It's an insult that makes you sound like an idiot to those that know what it means. The word otaku originated in japan and if I remember correctly it was used as an insult at one point. Of course I could be completely wrong.

yeah, but its not like its something to be proud of even today (in Japan at least). but since i'm not living in Japan i can confess my love about anime freely. pretty much everyone can.

For anyone who enjoyed Sword Art Online, have any of yous watched Log Horizon?

its good so far with a lot of promise, i think most would stay away from it because its premise is pretty much exactly like SAO.

Personally i fell off SAO because a fair few of the episodes seemed like fillers even though they were more like character development episodes

but Log Horizon has managed to hold my attention with a good protagonist and storyline so far.

gonna check Log Horizon then. if it has anything in common with SAO or Accel World i think i'll be happy. :)

gonna check Log Horizon then. if it has anything in common with SAO or Accel World i think i'll be happy. :)

Log Horizon is like if you mixed Spice and Wolf's economics with SAO's MMO feel, and added some adorable characters and amazing action but it actually feels like an MMO. Like they go into depth on skill refresh times and sub-classes and it actually feels like an MMO also zero incest and the love interest isn't super strong willed and then turns into a princess halfway through. The two main protagonists are already hinted to having some type of feelings towards each other and it's fucking adorable. Also they are both fucking badasses

Magic Knight Rayearth is also pretty good, the OVA is passable but no place a good as the old show.  Keroro Gunso is good for keeping boredom at bay as well.

Good lord what did he show you?! Please tell me it wasn't Boku No Pico?!

I am going to burn in hell for this...

I am deeply sorry.

No one should witness BnP.

Log Horizon is like if you mixed Spice and Wolf's economics with SAO's MMO feel, and added some adorable characters and amazing action but it actually feels like an MMO. Like they go into depth on skill refresh times and sub-classes and it actually feels like an MMO also zero incest and the love interest isn't super strong willed and then turns into a princess halfway through. The two main protagonists are already hinted to having some type of feelings towards each other and it's fucking adorable. Also they are both fucking badasses

complete MMO feel? ok then its decided. its only Log Horizon for me this week.

complete MMO feel? ok then its decided. its only Log Horizon for me this week.

Also starting today crunchyroll (like netflix for anime) is giving away a free month of premium. So sign up and get your free month of HD 1080P anime..... You haven't watched anime until you've witnessed it in this glorious state. It's so...... Beautiful

Mondez likes this