• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheShadowReaper

Anime fans is the AJSA? being a true Otaku.

72 posts in this topic

Also starting today crunchyroll (like netflix for anime) is giving away a free month of premium. So sign up and get your free month of HD 1080P anime..... You haven't watched anime until you've witnessed it in this glorious state. It's so...... Beautiful

unless of course it's not available in your country, then watch it however you can

unless of course it's not available in your country, then watch it however you can

animeultima.tv

more than enough. 1080 for drawn art is quite the deceive imo. although i can agree if they say that they have better quality in colors - that i can accept.

Any of you guys hear of Hummingbird?

If not, you should try it out. Think of ANN, but with a fresher and streamlined look.

Hi there fellow AJSA members. i'm starting this thread to see if there are any Otakus around here and if you are as passionate as i am about them. any anime suggestions are welcome.

my suggestions:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, Sword Art Online, Accel World, D. Gray-Man, Akikan!, Ao no Exorcist, Black Rock Shooter (the TV series as well), Mirai Nikki, Shingeki no Kyojin, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach. (even though the last 3 are widely known who cares)  :lol:

Otakus 

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, Sword Art Online, Accel World, D. Gray-Man, Akikan!, Ao no Exorcist, Black Rock Shooter (the TV series as well), Mirai Nikki, Shingeki no Kyojin, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach.

..... Sounds to me like you only watch the most popular shows of today. I'm sorry, but that's no Otaku. Perhaps you're only quoting the ones most people would know but.. ~ shrugs ~

I'll play along ~

M.D. Geist

M.D Geist II The Deathforce

GenoCyber

Cybernetics Guardian

Megaman Wish upon a Star

Burn up!

Burn up! Warrior!

Burn up! Excess!

Burn up! Scramble!

Appleseed.

And more, but these are my tips to you. Oh, and it's not the new Appleseed - it's the old one.

Sol Omega likes this

..... Sounds to me like you only watch the most popular shows of today. I'm sorry, but that's no Otaku. Perhaps you're only quoting the ones most people would know but.. ~ shrugs ~

I'll play along ~

these are the ones that i suggest cause they may appeal to more people cause of their wide variety on art, story and characters. not all of those are the ones i enjoy the most. also you got to take into account the genre of anime someone watches. your comment in invalid and very offensive for no reason. i dont want to start an anime war though, we are all anime fans and enjoy anime in general regardless of genre and art style. its totally different than gaming where you may start a game war but this isnt the case here. i personally watch more recent anime, early 2000s + instead of older ones if thats what you are trying to say. and since anime became very popular around that time i guess i watch more popular shows? wouldnt count on it though. anyways, thanks for commenting and pardon me for my big rant here. ^^

also you got to take into account the genre of anime someone watches. 

any anime suggestions are welcome.

I gave you suggestions. Take it or leave it.

i like watching Anime but i watch only those 4:

- Dragonball Z/Z Movies

- Fist of the North Star

- Bleach

- Hellsing

I gave you suggestions. Take it or leave it.

are you kidding me? is suggestions all you made? so you disregard the rest part of your comment and keep the part that makes you look ok?

quote:

"..... Sounds to me like you only watch the most popular shows of today. I'm sorry, but that's no Otaku. Perhaps you're only quoting the ones most people would know but.. ~ shrugs ~

I'll play along ~"

so that part that you totally try to discredit my suggestions and act cool is forgotten about? or are you gonna edit it out later? well whatever. have a nice day.

Let's see if I can think of some good ones off the top of my head....

Dragonball series (not GT), Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Clannad, Welcome to the NHK, One Piece, Attack on Titan, Souten Kouro, Inuyasha, Hajime no Ippo, Rave, IGPX, Devil May Cry Soul Eater (I'm gonna throw in Avatar the Last Airbender in there because it's basically an Anime) and.... Yeah that's all I can get off the top of my head. There are a lot of others I'm forgetting and other ones I'm just not gonna mention <.<... Don't judge. But yeah I like Anime and that's pretty much all there is to it.

I also read a lot of manga. Ones that never did become Animes. Vinland Saga, Berserk, Vagabond, Homunculus, One Punch Man, Sun-ken Rock, Riki-Oh, Tough, and 20th Century Boys are probably among my favorite ones out of all the mangas I've read.

anime for me? just two RWBY and Space Battleship Yamato

Heyo fellow anime fans how are all of you

I have to be in a certain mood to watch Anime. So no, I am not a fan of anime.

Except AKIRA and the Grave of the Fireflies, those were good.

I rather watch something from Masaki Kobayashi or Akira Kurosawa than anime. 

well i dont watch ALOT of animes since im mostly into manga, but i've been following Shingeki no kyojin, Naruto, Fairy Tail, DGray-Man, Kuroko No Basuke and the most recent All You Need is Kill

btw my most fav is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood ^>^

Is otaku really the word you should be using? xD Guess most people think it means anime fan, it means you are so obsessive over something you don't leave your home because you would rather do that.

Really? O_O well.... not like I said it to anyone else *whistles innocently*

The only anime I ever watch was Code: Lyoko, But I'm not even sure that's considered anime. But for what it was I did enjoy it. 

The only anime I ever watch was Code: Lyoko, But I'm not even sure that's considered anime. But for what it was I did enjoy it. 

Oh that French cartoon.

Wasn't.... bad?

If you liked it, you're missing out on a larger world then.

BIg fan of anime myself, although recently I haven't gotten to watch much of the new stuff.  If you enjoy psychological with a bit of the paranormal Higurashi or When they Cry is a good one so is Umineko.  Going to shoot myself in the foot here but I got into the fandom via Sailor Moon and I'm really excited about Sailor Moon Crystal myself. 

Sol Omega likes this

*Sigh* I am having a hard time finding a Otaku Community/Club in Sweden Gothenburg. Isn't their a website listing all the Otaku Organizations? So far I learned that their is a Otaku Cafe in Stockholm which is pretty far. Anyone got tips?

*Sigh* I am having a hard time finding a Otaku Community/Club in Sweden Gothenburg. Isn't their a website listing all the Otaku Organizations? So far I learned that their is a Otaku Cafe in Stockholm which is pretty far. Anyone got tips?

Yes, one. Stop calling yourself an otaku unless you're a shut-in who does nothing else than watch anime and collect everything that's connected to it.

There are quite a number of anime expo's/conventions going around in europe these days. I suggest you take a look at those.

I usually find myself liking the animes that aren't really well known and are really under appreciated.

And usually dislike big animes, Bleach, Naruto, etc. Guess I'm kind of an anime hipster... But alas that's the way I've always been, ever since I started watching anime with my father when I was like five. Even though most of those were Mech anime, not including DBZ of course, even though that and Ghost in the Shell were some of the main things we watched.

Anywho the biggest recommendation I can give is Canaan. It has a pretty good story, and isn't too out there. It's mainly about a disease and a terrorist organization. Not to mention I've always liked anime with female lead characters, and I haven't the slightest clue why, so don't ask. :P

banner_935.jpg

My other recommendations would have to be Attack on Titan and Space Dandy, even though both of them are getting pretty well known. 

This video after 1:30 is Space Dandy's whole plot in a nutshell. 

262341-attack-on-titan-mikasa-carrying-e

I usually find myself liking the animes that aren't really well known and are really under appreciated.

And usually dislike big animes, Bleach, Naruto, etc. Guess I'm kind of an anime hipster... But alas that's the way I've always been, ever since I started watching anime with my father when I was like five. Even though most of those were Mech anime, not including DBZ of course, even though that and Ghost in the Shell were some of the main things we watched.

Anywho the biggest recommendation I can give is Canaan. It has a pretty good story, and isn't too out there. It's mainly about a disease and a terrorist organization. Not to mention I've always liked anime with female lead characters, and I haven't the slightest clue why, so don't ask. :P

banner_935.jpg

My other recommendations would have to be Attack on Titan and Space Dandy, even though both of them are getting pretty well known. 

This video after 1:30 is Space Dandy's whole plot in a nutshell. 

262341-attack-on-titan-mikasa-carrying-e

Yeah, Canaan was okay. If you like strong female MC's, then Kara no Kyoukai is a good bet. It doesn't have episodes, but instead is divided into multiple movies which actually works better imo. Think there's like eight if not more of those movies. Also Tsukihime is quite alright.

WeLiVeR likes this