• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mantis

STAR WARS: Attack Squadrons (*Not Out Yet)

8 posts in this topic

ERMAHGERD NEW STAR WARS GAME JUST ANNOUNCED WHICH IS THE SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR TO STAR WARS ROGUE SQUADRON, HERE A LE PROS AND LE CONS:

PROS:

• Intense PVP Action (16-Player FFA, TDM and Base Defense)
  • Team Play (Essentially make clans in-game)
  • Ship Customization (Upgrade and modify your personal ships)
  • Regular Updates (New ships and items every month)
  • Rewards (Earn points after successful battles)
  • Free to Play

CONS:

• There will probably be micro-transactions 
  • It's being made by Disney Interactive, who aren't terrible, but aren't great and are worse than Lucasarts
  • Release Pending

So, here's the link: http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/

I don't know... Seems weird Disney decides to do this. Hell anyways, I'll give it a try and hope it's really good (Plz give Cockpit view or I ain't playin it right at all; I'd probably do kamikazes because cockpit for me is the best way to play. Third person view..... It's iffy)

I'm actually seriously disappointed in this. ONLY 16 players? That sound pretty dull in my opinion. I'm honestly sick of seeing the number 16 everywhere. Why not add more players? WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. it's the end of 2013 and the number still stick to this? why not 16 on 16? We've been getting that shit in TF2 and thats been out for YEARS. If a game that came out 5-6 years ago can have 32 players, why can't a game that will be released in 2014? And I highly doubt it's a "balancing issue", and after seeing screenshots of the game it's definitely not an issue with graphics. Warthunder has many planes on screen at once and it's an extremely beautiful game, and that's MUCH more recent. This game is obviously meant to compete with Warthunder and World of Warplanes in the flying F2P genre, and hopefully it doesn't disappoint, but i'm swaying more towards it being a complete flop. Also if there is no cockpit view I won't play, thats just lazy game development

to be honest it seems they are going for a World of Warplanes kind of look, just in the star wars universe with the whole customized your fighter and earn parts/weapons for it. Also because it is in closed beta im sure they are keeping the player limit low to make sure that each small adjustment doesn't bring down the game or even just to make sure the game runs smoothly with 16 players first. Then once it goes live to an open beta im pretty sure they will bump up the player limit.

also i do not mind at all having to wait for this game. if they want to take their time actually putting effort into this then please by all means DO NOT PULL a EA on this and rush it to give a half assed game.

Mantis likes this

I'm actually seriously disappointed in this. ONLY 16 players? That sound pretty dull in my opinion. I'm honestly sick of seeing the number 16 everywhere. Why not add more players? WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. it's the end of 2013 and the number still stick to this? why not 16 on 16? We've been getting that shit in TF2 and thats been out for YEARS. If a game that came out 5-6 years ago can have 32 players, why can't a game that will be released in 2014? And I highly doubt it's a "balancing issue", and after seeing screenshots of the game it's definitely not an issue with graphics. Warthunder has many planes on screen at once and it's an extremely beautiful game, and that's MUCH more recent. This game is obviously meant to compete with Warthunder and World of Warplanes in the flying F2P genre, and hopefully it doesn't disappoint, but i'm swaying more towards it being a complete flop. Also if there is no cockpit view I won't play, thats just lazy game development

They want it to be more tactical and fast paced

They want it to be more tactical and fast paced

That doesn't seem likely at all. There are currently 2 games in the F2P flying genre, Disney want's to get into this market. They say fast paced and tactical, but what they mean is microtransactions and pay2win. I'll have to see more screenshots, also based on how long this has been in development will determine what I will think of the game.

That doesn't seem likely at all. There are currently 2 games in the F2P flying genre, Disney want's to get into this market. They say fast paced and tactical, but what they mean is microtransactions and pay2win. I'll have to see more screenshots, also based on how long this has been in development will determine what I will think of the game.

Of course there'll be micro-transactions and p2w, but it's star wars man, Planetside 2 is p2w and also you don't know for certain how bad it'll be, it probably won't be like GT where you have to pay 200$ for the best car in the game, but who knows, also this is Disney Interactive, not regular Disney, they're different, this seems good, I feel your fear, but you don't feel my excitement, also this is monumental because it's the first star wars game disney is making, it's their proving ground. Don't be so pessimistic man, it'll be fine, have some faith. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0