• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlackFelyne

I am leaving Nintendo behind as my focus.

24 posts in this topic

I'm not too interested in their games anymore, and I am starting to see what some people mean by them rehashing the mario character a lot and such. I will ALWAYS like Nintendo, but they really need to change up how they do things before they are a main focus again. 

Are there any of you who still have Nintendo as your primary focus when it comes to gaming? Or are they a second seat? Personally, Nintento will always be Second to me after Playstation for now, but I will always have a special place for them in gaming history. A nintendo console had my first and Fav RPG, Secret of Mana. 

Personally I never was a fan of nintendo because their games tend to be semi luck based or always the same so it focuses on memory and not game play. Not to many games that are solely skill, although they do take skill there tends to be a way for newer gamers can play and have fun. That is fine and all for new gamers and kids but I do enjoy a decent challenge.

I'm waiting for Nintendo to announce some fresh franchises that catch my attention before i buy another Ninty  console

Ehh, I tended to run on the sidelines with the handhelds, sometimes a Nintendo IP might catch my eye but mostly I stuck to third party releases. They weren't my focus per say, but having lost my psp and not having enough cash for the vita, I'll stick with them for a while longer.

You must of not played the new 3DS Zelda, could be game of the year. How bout Bravely Default, best RPG since Lost Odyssey (unless your into that mass market crap). Nintendo has done a lot in recent years, you must not be looking very hard. To each their own, but I suggest you look at the library again, its more diverse than you think.  

I wouldn't exactly say they are my second to well anything.

Their handhelds are solid but as far as the "Home console" goes I really don't have a lot of games for the Wii.

Nintendo doesn't exactly publish the games they develop here so I think roughly the  only major game tittle I purchase from them is the Fire Emblem games. It would be nice if they developed new IP's, not selling them off to be published because they think they wont make enough of off them in the US, that aren't aimed to please *everyone*.

I'm not too interested in their games anymore, and I am starting to see what some people mean by them rehashing the mario character a lot and such. I will ALWAYS like Nintendo, but they really need to change up how they do things before they are a main focus again. 

Are there any of you who still have Nintendo as your primary focus when it comes to gaming? Or are they a second seat? Personally, Nintento will always be Second to me after Playstation for now, but I will always have a special place for them in gaming history. A nintendo console had my first and Fav RPG, Secret of Mana. 

This is exactly how I feel about Nintendo. I grew up with the NES and SNES and still hold them as great classic consoles, Secret of Mana is also my all time favourite RPG. The Gamecube was also a great console and had some real good games, Eternal Darkness and the remake of the original Resident Evil being among my favourites.

For me Nintendo lost it when they released the Wii and went more family orientated, thats not a bad thing but like I said I grew up with these consoles, and as i did my taste in games changed and when I had a choice of Xbox and games like Morrowind and GTA over Mario goes shoe shopping or Mario does his tax returns I went Xbox :)

Like you said, Nintendo have a special place in my gaming history too. And they still have some good titles the Legend of Zelda series being one of them, there just is not enough to pull me back when you have all these AAA titles on Xbox and PS. 

i grew up with Nintendo and SEGA (NES and Master System). But after the N64, Nintendo deluded me more and more. So i rarely Check what's on Nintendo now. The times where Secret of Mana, Terranigma, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Super Contra, Super Castlevania, Battletoads, Super Metroid, Twin Bee, Turok 3 Oblivion, Mega Man and Super Double Dragon made Nintendo Big N are over. Today you only see Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong and Zelda. The rest: Mainstream multiport Titles, Family games, Singing games, Fitness games and Dance games.

For me the First is the PC, followed by the PS2. I hope Nintendo will wake up someday and get the core Gamers back.

I agree. How many times can you play Super Mario? I like it as much as the next guy, but I really want to see something fresh.

Nintendo hasn't been my main gaming focus since the late 90s. But I know how you feel. Nintendos franchises are solid, and I'm a huge zelda/pokemon fanboy. But nintendo isn't even my "secondary" gaming system. Once I pick up my wii U, I'll have three home consoles, two handhelds, and a gaming PC..So nintendo is basically for first party games only, and even those I'll hardly play at this point.

You must of not played the new 3DS Zelda, could be game of the year. How bout Bravely Default, best RPG since Lost Odyssey (unless your into that mass market crap). Nintendo has done a lot in recent years, you must not be looking very hard. To each their own, but I suggest you look at the library again, its more diverse than you think.  

I do have the new 3DS Zelda game, and I am planning on getting Bravely Default. I have a 3DS and I do have a wii-U, and I enjoy them both. I just mean that I'm looking more towards other offerings than what Nintendo has at the moment.

Super mario is fun and all, but Stuff on other consoles have the type of Variety that i am looking for while Nintendo seems to have the bare minimum when it is not one of their franchises.

Is it really so wrong to keep having Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Donkey Kong with Nintendo. They're called franchises and Mario is called a mascot. Are we forgetting all of these first person shooters? How many is enough? I hate it when people say Nintendo should stop 'rehashing' Mario when Microsoft 75% of the time rehashes Call of Duty and Call of Duty clones. Games like Mario and Zelda aren't for the realism or the maturity, it's for the fun gameplay, which can't be said for CoD. If you don't want a Mario or Zelda game, I would recommend Godzilla Unleashed, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Pokemon, Smash Bros, or the Lego games. If you don't like Nintendo... I won't convince you, but I'll stay with Mario. I still do like the Playstations and the only thing on Xbox that's bearable are the Halo games. I like Nintendo more.

Is it really so wrong to keep having Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Donkey Kong with Nintendo. They're called franchises and Mario is called a mascot. Are we forgetting all of these first person shooters? How many is enough? I hate it when people say Nintendo should stop 'rehashing' Mario when Microsoft 75% of the time rehashes Call of Duty and Call of Duty clones. Games like Mario and Zelda aren't for the realism or the maturity, it's for the fun gameplay, which can't be said for CoD. If you don't want a Mario or Zelda game, I would recommend Godzilla Unleashed, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Pokemon, Smash Bros, or the Lego games. If you don't like Nintendo... I won't convince you, but I'll stay with Mario. I still do like the Playstations and the only thing on Xbox that's bearable are the Halo games. I like Nintendo more.

Those people never play Nintendo games, so they can't judge how much different they are from one another. There is 1 Mario Kart game per console. There is 1 Smash Bros. game per console. There is one main Mario title (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World) per console, with Galaxy 2 being the exception, because they had so many ideas for the game, too much for 1 game. And then you look at Uncharted, which had 3 games on the PS3. And people can't wait to see the forth one. Or Halo, God of War, etc... The only difference is, that Nintendo franchises are much older, so they have more installments, but they get released less frequently. 

Recoveryanonymous likes this

I'm getting more into Nintendo games this generation. I've always played Nintendo games, but I'm just sort of burnt on Xbox and Playstation after the 7th generation when those platforms were my focus. I picked up the Metroid Prime trilogy for the Wii to play on my Wii U and I've been playing a bunch of 3DS and Wii U titles. I don't know, I guess I'm just tired of greys and browns from the other two platforms.

Those people never play Nintendo games, so they can't judge how much different they are from one another. There is 1 Mario Kart game per console. There is 1 Smash Bros. game per console. There is one main Mario title (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World) per console, with Galaxy 2 being the exception, because they had so many ideas for the game, too much for 1 game. And then you look at Uncharted, which had 3 games on the PS3. And people can't wait to see the forth one. Or Halo, God of War, etc... The only difference is, that Nintendo franchises are much older, so they have more installments, but they get released less frequently.

I could not agree more. To many people Nintendo is just Mario and Zelda when in fact the main game series for either franchise is released rather sparingly. It's why so many people are hyped for the open world Zelda game coming out soon. The last Zelda game I played was Skyward Sword. Mario Galaxy is also pretty old.

I'll admit the handheld games are another story. Even then though, those games are for another platform entirely.

I think that for a lot of us the WiiU is like the +1 console.

In that yeah I have an xbox oh and a WiiU

Or yeah I have a PS4 - and a WiiU

I normaly focus on games, not on developers... at this point in time, I'm not using my wii u much, but once bayonetta and Zelda are in stores, surely I will go back to it.  But at this point I have to fight through the backlog that resultat from steam summer sale ;)

The WiiU is my second console and never gets multiplatform games bought for it, but I see it as a good investment. The wii is a good example how you get some gems on nintendos consoles that would be daft to avoid as a gamer

THANK YOU, Your the only other person I've seen that pointed out Microsoft rehashing Call of Duty

But I'll always stay by Nintendo's side, even though they do make the same games for the most part they at least improve or experiment other game play aspects in the series that makes them more fun to play, or fails, depending on your perspective of said game

Recoveryanonymous likes this

7:30 to 9:50 for their thoughts on Nintendo.

To quote Sessler, "When Nintendo does the same thing I usually tend to enjoy it."  Truer words were never spoken.

thing is, the strongest series for nintendo are not really rehashed, Cant really say I've played 2 mario karts or metroid or zelda that feel like it should just be DLC.... CoD has that feeling if im honest.

Microsoft 75% of the time rehashes Call of Duty and Call of Duty clones.

... Microsoft doesn't own Call of Duty dude.

Berserker likes this

nope that they dont, but the argument still stands from a publishers point of view. Call of Duty is the shooting equivilent of Fifa, you buy it maybe every 2 or 3 games as buying it yearly offers pretty much no new content (apart from CoDs poor story line)

Nintendo can do amazing things when they put their minds to it. Remember the Gamecube era? innovation was freakin' everywhere and all their franchises got new and interesting installments that took them to the next level. You could still see a bit of that in the Wii era with Mario Galaxy as well.

What Nintendo needs to do is what they did before, take what they have, and expand it. Mario's a 3D platformer, add spherical planets and gravity mechanics! Paper Mario is awesome, add more characters, better story, new mechanics. Zelda is already great, make Link a wolf, add the twilight realm. Nintendo's just been in kindof a slum where their attemts to expand have become more incremental and less revolutionary. You can keep the base ideas in place and still innovate, but when you have games that pretty much continue wholesale from previous games then you begin to stagnate.

That said, I still love Nintendo games. I feel like Pokemon X/Y were proper expansions of the Pokemon games, the Mario & Luigi series is as solid as ever, and Mario Kart 8 really gives some added fun to the series. So it's not all bad, it's just a little samey coming out of the Wii era.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0