• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

cmg666

Favorite Lmg and accessories for it.

Favorite lmg and loadout for it   25 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite LMG

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

Hey so this is for us LMG lovers as stated in the topic favorite Lmg and accessories and if I set the poll up right you can have multiple choice. So pick vote and post and would love to hear from ya.

Now as for my picks the PKP PECHENEG and the M249 aka SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) and my attachments for the PKP are Russian holo sight, Heavy Barrel, Angled fore grip, Magnifier, and Flat Autumn camo. For the M249 SAW American Holo sight, Heavy Barrel, Potato or Ergo Grip, Laser sight, and Flat Dessert or Crimson Woodland camo.

The MG4 is by far the best LMG even though M249 has I think the exact same stats =P

If you want the god gun, just use the MG4 with a stubby grip, laser and compensator and nothing can stop you!

cmg666 likes this

The MG4 is by far the best LMG even though M249 has I think the exact same stats =P

If you want the god gun, just use the MG4 with a stubby grip, laser and compensator and nothing can stop you!

Actually it has a different recoil pattern then the M249 Its got a higher vertical recoil.

Actually it has a different recoil pattern then the M249 Its got a higher vertical recoil.

Ok, well when I got those attachments on it, I don't get any recoil and I snipe snipers more than snipers snipe me =P

Ok, well when I got those attachments on it, I don't get any recoil and I snipe snipers more than snipers snipe me =P

Lol yeah.

I have been using the Type-88 LMG. With a JGM-4 [4x] scope, laser sight, R2 surpressor and a folding grip. All wrapped in ERDL snow paint work.

I have been using the Type-88 LMG. With a JGM-4 [4x] scope, laser sight, R2 surpressor and a folding grip. All wrapped in ERDL snow paint work.

Nice I might have to try that sometime.

MG4 and M240B are the ones I'm best with.  I guess I'm pretty comfortable with the Pecheneg too since it's so similar to the M240B, but I prefer M240B because of rate of fire/DPS.  I'd probably be pretty good with the M249, but I haven't finished campaign yet :(  I pretty much use the same attachments for them.  Coyote red dot sight. 2x magnifier even though I rarely use it, I prefer it over a laser though because I feel that just gives your position away.  It's easier to see someone through smoke if they have a laser.  Just shoot at the red/green dot.  I also use a potato grip in case i get hungry :P  I generally don't use barrel attachments.  Sometimes I put the muzzle break on a M240B to reduce the muzzle climb a bit, but rarely.  The M240B is kind of my longer range choice.  I use it over the MG4 on bigger more open maps.  Even though the range isn't too big of a difference, it just feels easier to me because you don't have to hit them with as many bullets.

I tried using the heavy barrel on the M240B once and the recoil got INSANE.  Not doing that again.  By the way it kind of annoys me that the heavy barrel increases muzzle climb.  Technically a heavier barrel would reduce muzzle climb because of the added weight, but I guess that would be overpowered and DICE did it like this for balance issues.  It would make a heavy barrel best in slot for barrel attachments if it gave you increased accuracy AND reduced recoil.  Makes sense in terms of game balance, but doesn't mean I have to be happy about it!

MG4 and M240B are the ones I'm best with.  I guess I'm pretty comfortable with the Pecheneg too since it's so similar to the M240B, but I prefer M240B because of rate of fire/DPS.  I'd probably be pretty good with the M249, but I haven't finished campaign yet :(  I pretty much use the same attachments for them.  Coyote red dot sight. 2x magnifier even though I rarely use it, I prefer it over a laser though because I feel that just gives your position away.  It's easier to see someone through smoke if they have a laser.  Just shoot at the red/green dot.  I also use a potato grip in case i get hungry :P  I generally don't use barrel attachments.  Sometimes I put the muzzle break on a M240B to reduce the muzzle climb a bit, but rarely.  The M240B is kind of my longer range choice.  I use it over the MG4 on bigger more open maps.  Even though the range isn't too big of a difference, it just feels easier to me because you don't have to hit them with as many bullets.

I tried using the heavy barrel on the M240B once and the recoil got INSANE.  Not doing that again.  By the way it kind of annoys me that the heavy barrel increases muzzle climb.  Technically a heavier barrel would reduce muzzle climb because of the added weight, but I guess that would be overpowered and DICE did it like this for balance issues.  It would make a heavy barrel best in slot for barrel attachments if it gave you increased accuracy AND reduced recoil.  Makes sense in terms of game balance, but doesn't mean I have to be happy about it!

Yeah I agree the laser sight seems to be more against you as opposed by the tact light which only turns on when your ads and the laser light is really meant for hip fire weapons now as for the heavy barrel I'm use to the high vertical recoil due to my experience with the PKP but I find it works wonders with the M249 due to the fact that the SAW has such low vertical recoil despite the fact of its high rof making it ironically easier to handle.

M249 / M145 ( 3.4 X ) scope / Heavy Barrel / BIPOD !

If you're gonna camp on a TDM server, nothing beats it. It just tears 'em up with that 800 rate of fire.  ;)

My favorites are the m240B and the M249. Although lately I've just been using the M240B because I've gotten so good with it.

For my M240B

Attached M145(3.4x) sights: I like using this one because it doesn't matter if I am using it for close or mid/far range, I can see things usually pretty well with this scope. This scope seems to me to be the most natural of all the medium range scopes for the LMGs, and hey what would do u know this is what the tooltip says "3.4x sight optimized for mid to long range engagements. Most commonly found on M240 and M249 LMG weapons."

Attached Tri-beam Laser: for those turn a corner and spray tight rooms! If i'm not in close quarters I turn it off. I may even leave it on sometimes, it might encourage people to take pot shots with a pdw or assault rifle and I'll snipe em with my M240B

Attached Heavy Barrel: I actually did not like this attachment at first when I unlocked it. Due to the high recoil added I got frustrated in firefights. Now I can get so accurate with the darn thing. I learned to use it as a burst LMG, at medium ranges. When u play with it and learn the sweet spot of timing your burst to get them close enough to actually be almost like a full auto, u will rock with this gun. I Fire in A 2 ROUND BURST most of the time. At closer ranges I can afford to do 3 or 4 rounds.  It took about 3 days for me but I finally got it down. This heavy barrel Combined with the  Folding Grip makes for a very accurate LMG, with a high DPS. If you have a steady hand and are very accurate this might be for u!

Attached Folding Grip: First the Angled and Folding grip do the same thing. I just don't like the look of the angled grip on a LMG lol, Plus! it is always a FUGLY tan color and doesn't change when u change ur CAMO.The reason I go with the folding grip is because of the reduced first shot recoil of the first shot, decreasing my spread on my burst fires on my M240B. Remember that I use the M240B as a 2 ROUND BURST fire most of the time.

If I decide to setup and MG nest with the M240B I will Attach a Bipod and replace the Heavy Barrel with the Flash Hider. Then it's off to camp the outside lane on OPERATION LOCKER haha!

Here is a pic I put together of all the LMG medium range scopes. HOPE u LIKE IT!

after looking at this I actually think I might like the ACOG more than the M145 ...hmm I dunno

BUT as for the PK-A, PSO-1, and the JGM, they are all messy IMO. PKA very hard to see. PSO-1 although I out snipe snipers, I'm am not one. and JGM......ugh ugly !

[post=g6yuv76.png]

Here is a pic I put together of all the LMG medium range scopes. HOPE u LIKE IT!

after looking at this I actually think I might like the ACOG more than the M145 ...hmm I dunno

BUT as for the PK-A, PSO-1, and the JGM, they are all messy IMO. PKA very hard to see. PSO-1 although I out snipe snipers, I'm am not one. and JGM......ugh ugly !

[post=g6yuv76.png]

Okay appreciate it and your enthusiasm for LMG scopes so whats your favorite LMG and other accessories for it?

ipaddress likes this

scroll up haha...... It's the M240B! and I tell you why.

cmg666 likes this

scroll up haha...... It's the M240B! and I tell you why.

Ah missed that my bad man and may I suggest using heavy barrel Ergo/vertical grip laser sight and optic are your choice of course with the M249 SAW it gets great ads accuracy both not moving and moving heres a link on how I know.

http://symthic.com/bf4-multi-comparison?w1=M240B&w2=PKP_Pecheneg&w3=M249&w4=MG4&w5=Type-88_LMG&a11=Heavy+Barrel&a21=Heavy+Barrel&a31=Heavy+Barrel&a41=Heavy+Barrel&a51=Heavy+Barrel&a12=Ergo%2FVertical+grip&a22=Ergo%2FVertical+grip&a32=Ergo%2FVertical+grip&a42=Ergo%2FVertical+grip&a52=Ergo%2FVertical+grip

If I decide to setup and MG nest with the M240B I will Attach a Bipod and replace the Heavy Barrel with the Flash Hider. Then it's off to camp the outside lane on OPERATION LOCKER haha!

Love the bipod people, just drops mortars on their head all day

Hey so there's been an update to my poll the M60-E4 has been added to the BF4 arsenal I don't know whether it be by choice or accident but it has been added so cast your votes for it if it is your favorite LMG and tell us which attachments work best for you thank you and have a nice day.

I can't decided. It's hard to pick the best weapon of choice for me. Did you know, MG4 and M249 in multiplayer were function are same such as Statistics, Same Ammunation Caliber, Fire Mode Selection, Rate of Fire Speed, and Magazine Capacity Size except the Recoil Pattern Effect. Man I missed M27 IAR light machine gun. M27 IAR was an main currently GPMG service for USMC. USMC soldiers will have to keep M27 IAR machine gun for more than 30 years since 2010. But here in Battlefield 4, there is no M27 IAR and replaced by U-100 Mk. 5 light machine gun. In fact, U-100 Mk. 5 (and their predecessor variant, Mk. 4) was originally enter the trial for USMC's Light Machine Gun with Infantry Automatic Rifle, but they're lost to LMG variant of HK416 (M416 in Battlefield game series) and rename it M27 IAR.

Personally I prefer to use the AWS when playing support. It's basically an ACE 23 but with a 100 round magazine.

Personally I prefer to use the AWS when playing support. It's basically an ACE 23 but with a 100 round magazine.

Actually. AWS is an hybrid between CQBR (an compact variant of M4 the modern CAR-15) and LMG that similar to M27 IAR. But it's more compact and carbine than M27 IAR. Go see Ares Defense Shrike 5.56 (with AWS variant as an optional) on website search bar like Google. In Battlefield 4, there is 99 + 1 rounds capacity for AWS. In fact, Beta C Drum Magazine has 100-rounds capacity + 1-round in the chamber making total of 101-rounds.

My favorite LMG im running around with is the M240B. I have the PKA-S(1x), supressor, verticle grip, and green lasers. I have been thinking of changing my grip tho.

MG4 - Coyote - Grip - Muzzle Break

It's pretty good :3

MG4 - Coyote - Grip - Muzzle Break

It's pretty good :3

Sorry but your going to have to be more specific with which grip cause there's at least six different grips.