• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

WITHASTICK

AJSA PS4 Rooms

53 posts in this topic

Creation and Purpose

The Rooms were created to allow immediate communication between AJSA members directly on the PS4, but more importantly for AJSA members to have someone to play games with. The Rooms have hit many milestones and have gone through many changes. These changes make the Rooms more simple and accessible for members. Our original vision stays the same, to grow this community beyond its limits and to share our gaming experiences with one another as AJSA members.

How Does it Work?

The Rooms work as a constant chat room. Anyone can send a message into the Room, and anyone in the Room can see it. Notifications go off when a message is posted in the Room when you’re not viewing the Room directly. This Notification can be disabled to stop notification spamming. On the side is a list of everyone in the Rooms. This allows you to find the person you may be talking to or going to play a game with and add them with ease.

Joining and Leaving

Joining is simple, there is a thread in the PS4 sub forums titled “AJSA PS4 PSN Name List / PS4 Rooms.” You go to this thread and add your PSN to the every growing list, while putting whether you wish to join the Rooms or not.

Add your PSN, join the fight!: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/9905-ajsa-ps4-psn-name-list-ps4-rooms/

Leaving is just as simple, when you view messages in general you hover over the AJSA Rooms message. Press the “Options” button and hit delete. Once that happens you will no longer be in the Rooms and no longer receive messages.

Rules in The Rooms

There aren't many rules for the Rooms, but the ones that do exist we ask nicely you follow them.

• BE RESPECTFUL to your fellow gamer.
  • DO NOT add anyone on your own to the Rooms. Please Ask WITHASTICK first.
  • PLEASE DO NOT promote unofficial business dealings, political issues, etc.

Overhaul The Rooms, Purpose and Process

The Overhaul is a period to help separate more active users from inactive users. The goal of Overhauls is to help keep the community active and fresh in the Rooms. Please we understand sometimes people go inactive for reasons. Family, issues, not playing games, etc. We don’t take joy in leaving people behind. But at the same time we must keep moving forward and keep the community of the Rooms from being stall. These Overhauls happen every six months.

How the Overhaul usually goes is for one whole week WITHASTICK sends a message out. In that message is a phrase he’ll ask you to repeat if you wish to continue your AJSA PS4 Room Community experience. You just have to reply with the phrase once and you’re added to a list. Simple as that.

Why is This Thread Locked?

This thread has been repurpose into an information thread. To help those better understand the Rooms. If you have any questions on the Rooms, private message your Commander WITHASTICK the creator of the Rooms. He’ll reply back to your question within 48-hours.

*WARNING TO PS3 OWNERS*

The Rooms are only meant for PS4, they DO NOT work on PS3. By hiding yourself in the PSN’s list with your PSN only tied to PS3 damages you! With the system in place we cannot remove you from the Rooms, you must do it yourself through a PS4! PS3 owners will be spammed by these message nonstop. PLEASE DO NOT put your PSN in the list, if you’re a PS3 owner only! If you so happen to do, turn off message Notifications to stop the spamming.

Roddy_boi_, Maddog33 and DedSec_NL like this

I have recently open a open message room on the PS4 for all and any AJSA members on the PS4 or other sony devices. Using the name list from ANGRY ARMY PSN NAME LIST, I will continue to monitor and add all members to this list as much as the list itself updates. If you wish to become apart of the chat please head over to this forum. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWO2w0H2V8

From there once its updated with new names I will add you into it and we can keep this community close and growing.

Wrong link mate :) So it's you who message us earlier , you're the reason I got busted in NFS Rivals XD Good initiative though, how about setting up a party?

WITHASTICK likes this

Yes I saw my fault, thank you guys for pointing that out.

Thanks for posting this topic. We're at 38 but it would be great if everyone got involved. I feel like AJSA is scattered right now on consoles. 

So this is why I was suddenly bombarded with a million messages while watching anime >_<

Well played guys... well played XD

seriously tho, good idea! I like it :D

If you could invite again deleted all my messages while not really thinking lol

I will add you to it SB_NextGen. If you guys are on ps3 and cant deal with it and want to be remove until you got your ps4, or if you want re-add just post here. Sooner or later I will see it lawls.

Also I have to shamelessly promote my good buddies forum.

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/11227-battlefield-4-the-roof/

Love battlefield 4! Love sitting on roofs? Well look no farther at Battlefield 4 The Roof you too can share you love for roofs. Come share you roof experience. Use the share button take some screens of you and friends on the roof. We all must learn to stand on a roof!

Will be updating this post in the next day or so make it abit more info for all.

SB_NextGen likes this

This may be me shamelessly promoting this forum to bump it back to the top and keep it there.

but if it helps keep the community growing I will do that. Do know I have updated this forum ti be abit more informational, and will continue to update it as time goes on.

This has been such a benefit for me and my brother on the PS4. I yust want to say thanks to you and Kash

Ok, I get it now. I probably won't be on a lot but it sounds like a good idea.

xboxmegafan likes this

?

WHAT KILLED THE DINOSAURS? THE ICE AGE!

Something on your mind conor?

Thank you so much for this, it's been awesome!!!

WITHASTICK likes this

WHAT KILLED THE DINOSAURS? THE ICE AGE!

Something on your mind conor?

STAY COOL!

So for someone who transferred from xbox to PS, what exactly is a message room?

So for someone who transferred from xbox to PS, what exactly is a message room?

Think of it like a internet chat room. Were its driven by you, me and everyone in the community that is in the message room. If you post a message everyone on at the time and in the message room, will see it and can reply to it. That's the simplest way I can explain it.

Now for bit more explanation of what and how does a message room take place? Well in the famous words of Heath Ledger's Joker "And.. here.. we.. go!"

Everytime you send a message on PS4 it opens this chat like room, where you can view the messages between you and a person like a chat room. Better yet much like a chat box from facebook! Once that happens there is a option to the top right "add player". From there you can add someone to this! So lets say you and a bunch of your friends have a PS4, instead of messaging each one of them something, you add them all to this one message. And once you send it it opens this message room were they can view, see what you said and reply to you or each other. You can continue to add people to this message room until... well I have yet to hit a limit so as far as I know, UNLIMITED!

I hope this answers your question about it, and maybe teaches you some of the inner workings of the PS4's message system!

I also plan to take this explaintion and add it to the top, so it help explain how it all works.

Ah ok, so its like a group text on your phone. Ok, then please add me to the group.

Conor likes this

I'm liking some of the discussion in there, but there is often some real childish shit going on. Maybe I'm getting old, but changing the title, spamming, and shitting up the place really turns it off for me. Please stop acting like you're 12. Unless you are actually 12, then like go do your homework or something.

I don't think there from the forums. Can I get an invite to it again though? I don't know how to get back in.

Block the PSNID's TheKingGreeny and HipToHopBoss. Who invited these idiots anyway?

Are they still changing the Message room name?