• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alaugh0601

What Games To Update To PC?

What Games To Update To PC?   17 members have voted

1. 1. What Games To Update To PC?

• RPGs
    • Fighting Games
    • Sandbox Games
    • All
    • None

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

I'm planing to sell some of my console games and get better versions on PC, but as someone who is not an avid PC gamer, I'm not particularity sure which games to keep on consoles and which ones to sell and buy on PC.  I'm mainly having problems with 3 genres: RPGs, Fighting Games and Sandbox Games. So I wanted to ask of the opinions of more experienced PC gamers, thank you.

Uhm.... Your favorites?

I don't think it matters what genre per se, input response time and graphics look better overall in my experience so..........Pick whatever =]

hornedturtle likes this

Anything that's not a shitty console port. Meaning ones they actually tried to make functional and playable on PC.

Unless of course you will be playing with a controller and don't care about the potentially huge lack of options bad ports typically have.

I'd suggest RPGs and some sandbox games. You should keep games that won't be on a low price on PC (Activision games mostly) and some other games that won't be available for PC. Fighting games you should keep, since arcade sticks cost loads of money and playing most of the FGs on keyboard is a pain in the ass. PC platforms don't have that many players than there are on consoles (in my experience).

There's no real need to sell all of your games, unless you're going to sell your console too. There are some ports that are just god awful, but you can check those games with quick googling.

If you have and like Dark Souls, keep that for your console, as it really is a shitty console port for PC.

If you have and like Dark Souls, keep that for your console, as it really is a shitty console port for PC.

There is something called DSFix for the PC version.

I would not recommend any Genre for PC other than MMO & RTS. Neither of these require more than a $300.00 Walmart Lap Top to enjoy! (Except maybe Total War).

But all the Epic ones like Warcraft, Rise of Nations, Free MMO's like Age of Conan and such all work perfectly fine on a $300.00 Lap Top.

If you thinking Elder Scrolls, I would strongly recommended that on Console as well.

PC Gaming sucks man, you go out and spend 3k Tomorrow and that system will struggle to run any new release high end PC game by this time next year. The true value in PC Gaming is all the old greats that  you can grab at places like Half Price Books for $5.00 each!

I would not recommend any Genre for PC other than MMO & RTS. Neither of these require more than a $300.00 Walmart Lap Top to enjoy! (Except maybe Total War).

But all the Epic ones like Warcraft, Rise of Nations, Free MMO's like Age of Conan and such all work perfectly fine on a $300.00 Lap Top.

If you thinking Elder Scrolls, I would strongly recommended that on Console as well.

PC Gaming sucks man, you go out and spend 3k Tomorrow and that system will struggle to run any new release high end PC game by this time next year. The true value in PC Gaming is all the old greats that  you can grab at places like Half Price Books for $5.00 each!

If you're spending three grand on a rig that gets outdated in a year, you're doing something VERY wrong. 

Or you're buying Alienware. Same difference, most times.

Seraphyx likes this

You are referring to a very small minority there which are known as enthusiast gamers or just PC enthusiasts in general... It's no different with ANY product you can buy. You have your brand name garbage that's ridiculously over priced and the "normal" far more reasonable things. You can buy a thousand or several thousand dollar suit that you might outgrow in a year or you can buy a hundred dollar suit that you might outgrow in a year. Same with cars, same with everything.

You do not need a 3000 dollar PC under any circumstances to play games at high settings. You can build one for roughly 800 dollars that will play practically anything on max settings and that will still likely last you many years playing games on high. I've had my PC for over 5 years and 90% of the games I can still play on high settings.

Like the poster above me said, if you're spending 3000 dollars on a PC and it's obsolete within a year, you are doing something VERY, VERY wrong. The only other explanation would be that there was a massive jump in technology within that year, however, even then games would not use that immediately or even for the next several years. Look at multi core processing, so many games STILL don't use multiple cores efficiently and how long have they been out now? Almost a decade, maybe more?

Gone the Third likes this

That was incredibly incorrect. If someone spends $3000 to build a PC they aren't doing it to simply play games and if they did use it for gaming part time it would run games at max settings for a number of years. It doesn't even take half that for a high end machine that can max anything old or new (for years to come). Also, The Elder Scrolls games are not better on console, not even close. I experienced the PS3 versions of Oblivion and Skyrim before jumping ship to PC, and they weren't anywhere near as satisfying as they are now with mods, and console commands to fix strange issues with quests or npc spawning which were present on the console as well. There are indeed bad ports to PC make no mistake about that, it isn't a perfect platform as none of them are but at least know what your talking about beforehand.

Don't get me wrong, I was 100% PC Gamer through the Counter Strike years and Battlefield years, Ultima, EQ, The old Star Wars MMO.. I'm not anti PC. I just found with this last generation of consoles, X360 & PS3 console gaming has become a easier, simpler, more fun, greater variety and more social, superior way to play Video Games.

They hardly even make any games for the PC. I guess the biggest positive in PC is if your Savey enough you can get just about anything you want for free. Community mods are good I suppose. Just in general, I really can't see it being of any value.

I have a pretty new laptop that I got for Christmas last year, ( It is worth $500 but it was paid for cheaper at about $250) and it still works wonderfully. 

I'm planing to sell some of my console games and get better versions on PC, but as someone who is not an avid PC gamer, I'm not particularity sure which games to keep on consoles and which ones to sell and buy on PC.  I'm mainly having problems with 3 genres: RPGs, Fighting Games and Sandbox Games. So I wanted to ask of the opinions of more experienced PC gamers, thank you.

If possible, try demos of the games you're not sure about. That's really the best way to be sure about it.

It's all subjective, so there's not right or wrong answers with this, you just have to go with how you feel. If there's an issue about the controls, i believe you can buy some adapters to use your preferred console controllers on your PC, so that could definitely ease the transition for you as well.