• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

NinjaGamingBear

Borderlands 3? Will it happen and what do you want to see in it?

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I was just playing some Borderlands 2 and started thinking about Botderlands 3 and what they could add to the game? So what would you guys want to see in a Borderlands 3, if it happens? Which I think it will.

Personally I would want to be able to combine weapons to make them even more unique, merging weapons with the same type of weapon so you can add more stats and more elemental damage to your favorite weapon. Merging weapons would have a chance to increase damage and elemental damage. I would have to only have a chance of sligthly increase it, so you can't just find a few weapons and run through the game with no problems. Also stronger weapons would need stronger weapons to increase their stats.

Then they could add like a endless "cave\tower" where you could go down and the enemies would get harder the longer down you went like in Diablo 1 style. Just make the enemies in there strong as shit so you either need to have a very late game powerful weapon, or go in with your friends. I think it would be awesome to see how far some people would be willing to push down and see what epic loot they could get along the way. :)

That tower thing is pretty much the slaughter dome. Also I think Borderlands 3 will be here within 2-4 years. The ending of Borderlands 2 just screams Borderlands 3. Would like to see the weapon combo thing you suggested. That would be pretty cool.

I hated the fact that Assault Rifles were either standard ammo or explosive ammo in Borderlands 2, I'm pretty sure Borderlands had Assault Rifles with elemental damage. So for starters in Borderlands 3 I would like the variety for Assault Rifles back. Maybe start out with 5 classes this time since they DLCd quite a few in this game. And as a final thought, maybe multiple Action Skills to choose from...maybe a selection of 1 out of 3 for more options and diversity.

Like the Soldier for instance:

1. Turret - The standard Skill

2. Big Ammo/Health Drop - For more of a support role for the team or sustained combat

3. Pew Pew - Pretty much turn your gun into a strong Laser version of whatever it is (think Pack-A-Punch from Blops Zombies).

Well, character creation would be nice, but I'm fine with the current characters

Set the loot system to have ARMOR TOO.

GIGA-BAZILLION-ER-ER GUNS.

Improved writing and less grinding, because it felt like work when going through the second playthrough to do the side quests.

CHEESUS CRUST, BETTER DRIVING PHYSICS.

More stuff to do in the hub. Sanctuary was freaking awesome, but you can always improve.

(this is me very, very subtly trying to say that we need a strip club in Sanctuary)

More memorable characters, yes please

More dialogue in-between NPCs. It is freaking hilarious. Say you program key-NPCs to roam Sanctuary every here and there.

The ability to shoot Claptrap and he says "OW. THAT HURT" and making him cry. Yes, I would like that very much.

If you're bringing back a character (Zer0) or a class that uses melee weapons, make a better melee system. Pressing V repeatedly gets dull after a while. And make 'em have more damage!

Custom weapon creating - Hell yes.

Custom armor creating - Maybe... *sniff* maybe..

CUSTOM VEHICLE CREATION? Well, that would outright blow my mind.

Bigger world cells. It kinda sucks the gameplay experience to crash into an invisible wall. Like that bridge that goes to Sanctuary. It would've been really cool to actually drive over it.

ARENAS. LOT'S OF EM. RANDOMIZED ARENA MAPS AND MATCHES.

For the love of God. No. NO COMPETETIVE MULTIPLAYER. IT DOESN'T NEED IT.

Raid type missions, which are repeatable, bit random every here and there. You could make a Director type AI (From L4D series) to add in on the fun every time you re-play it.

Actually working with your team-mates is always fun. It kind of defeats the purpose to have everyone do everything. So emphasis on class abilities, skills, buffs and de-buffs.

MORE. AWESOME. CLASS SKILLS. LIKE A REMOTE CONTROLLED DRONE THAT FIRES ROCKETS.

OR OR OR A SHOULDER MOUNTED MINIGUN WHICH FIRES PLASMA PROJECTILES (Ooh, you could actually make that as a sort of passive weapons for all those critters, say Rakks. I fucking hate Rakks.)

Better control of weapons. Make them feel and sound like they will do damage. The pistols in BL2 sounded like crap

So, emphasis on sound design.

Keep good voice actors and hire more. (GOOD ONES. IM LOOKING AT YOU, BIOWARE *clenches fist with hatred against Dragon Age 2*

Less emphasis on marketing.

No attempts to make it "appeal to the larger audience" or "an easy drop in drop out twitch type of gameplay. hurr durr, bad PC ports are coming."

Keep cell-shading. Looks good, doesn't get outdated. I mean BL1 still looks good.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GEARBOX.

READ. VERY CAREFULLY.

DO NOT. I REPEAT DO NOT  FUCK THIS UP.

ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES WAS A HUGE FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT.

Never forgive. Never forget.

BL3 will happen unless something goes horribly wrong. The ending of 2 is obviously setting the series up for a third installment OR an MMO.

There are too many things to list I want improved or changed. A few I will mention are MASSIVE balancing issues after the second (but mostly third and OP+) playthrough...

Enemies get far to bullet spongy and ridiculous, it makes the game incredibly annoying and unenjoyable. It also doesn't help that because of these problems there is only a small selection of gear that is viable, I could probably count it on one hand. This sort of takes the whole "bajillionty guns ermahgerd" thing completely irrelevant since so many of them are either very similar or not usable in any way shape or form at higher levels. Same with shields and the rest of the things, there are very few you can use at higher levels and be effective. These things are by far my biggest problem and I've stopped playing because of that. Make the enemies smarter or give them some sort of skills to use as you progress in difficulty not a quadrillion hp and attack...

Imo get rid of badass ranks as well, those are stupid. The achievement thing and stats are ok and an interesting way to track what you've done but those passives are just stupid. Bring back the system from bl1 where you would level things up and get passive bonuses by actually using weapons. Also from bl1, the ability to slot those elemental fragments into your ability. Why the heck did they remove that rather than expand on it? Makes no sense to me. Also multiple skills, even if it's a very small handful of them would be nice. It might create more work when creating the skill tree to make sure they work with all skills or they would have to create a skill tree for each skill, which I doubt would happen, or the worst possible thing they can do is make all the passive skills generic so it works on everything. We already have too many of those, they're boring.

And for the love of freaking God stop "moderating" your damn game so much... let us mod the crap out of it. It's not an MMO, we are not affecting anyone else. They don't have to give us official mod tools but it would be nice, I just don't think they like or want people modding their game period and it's incredibly annoying when modders can fix so many things that are wrong with it FOR FREE.

I hated the fact that Assault Rifles were either standard ammo or explosive ammo in Borderlands 2, I'm pretty sure Borderlands had Assault Rifles with elemental damage. So for starters in Borderlands 3 I would like the variety for Assault Rifles back. Maybe start out with 5 classes this time since they DLCd quite a few in this game. And as a final thought, maybe multiple Action Skills to choose from...maybe a selection of 1 out of 3 for more options and diversity.

Like the Soldier for instance:

1. Turret - The standard Skill

2. Big Ammo/Health Drop - For more of a support role for the team or sustained combat

3. Pew Pew - Pretty much turn your gun into a strong Laser version of whatever it is (think Pack-A-Punch from Blops Zombies).

That skill tree option sounds great. It would allow for people of the same class to still be useful for different situations and people would be able to make their charachters more personal, that's something I would like to see. :)

Rain likes this

I would like to see them stick to a story and loot whoring.
No need to do anything else with this franchise.
Way too many games get fucked in the ass when the devs add shit that ruins the original formula.
We better not forget what made the original so popular.. 
A terrain glitch.
If that armory was not lootable over and over again, that game would have died.
The learnt from that in part 2, to some degree... and sort of did not.. (The lame ass attempt to stop people farming the treasure room in the Pirate booty DLC.. fuck you Randy)

They do have elemental assault rifles in borderlands 2.
I have a shit load of them, and a rather nice OP 8 fire assault rifle. ;)

If anybody wants help doing Op runs, i am keen to help. ;)
My Gunzerker likes to murder things... :)
Also happy to do treasure room runs if people want to get in there. 

I would love to do OP runs, but I'm only level 15 and don't have anything OP about me yet. :P

I would love to do OP runs, but I'm only level 15 and don't have anything OP about me yet. :P

Tbh I don't even know if I would recommend getting the dlcs that increase the level cap, everything after that just felt completely ruined to my by the broken balancing.

I wish I could go back in time and just skip all the dlcs that increased level cap and the one that gave you the OP+ levels.

Maybe I'll just make a new character and do all the dlcs at lower levels, that way when guns drop they'll actually be useful.

As far as i know, Borderlands 3 is called Borderworlds, where you will not only fight and explore Pandora, but all the other Planets and Moons in the System. I hope this is true. That would be massive.

I would like to see more loot and for peets sake can they tone down the grinding a bit. I don't want to fight Venimorphous a bunch of times just for a single item. I am ok with 5 or so fights in a row but anything more than that is a bit much IMO.  I really enjoyed Tiny Tina's DLC I thought the story was great, it had a bit of eveything and had one of the best raid bosses I have seen yet and the reward was well worth the fight. I don't know what else, maybe weapon mods to further customize guns and more skins and heads for sure. 

well... you must not have heard about the new game from Gear box called the "tales of the Borderlands" which is being made in conjunction with telltale,  yes telltale the people that made the walking dead

I have actually, but that's a different game by a different company. I'm talking about a new Borderlands 3 from 2K. Not a spinnoff by another company. But I will be picking up Tales of Borderlands too when it comes out. :)

well... you must not have heard about the new game from Gear box called the "tales of the Borderlands" which is being made in conjunction with telltale,  yes telltale the people that made the walking dead

I would love to create my own character.  If they do stick with the classes though, I think the assassin class could be better.  I was so disappointed when I used Zer0's special ability for the first time.  Really guys, a hologram?  I was hoping it'd be more, well, awesome.  Something like all your senses go into overdrive, and you become a badass--like, press 'F' and suddenly: Bam! Heat vision, superhuman speed and agility.  Anticipate and counter the enemy's movements.  Shoot with amazing accuracy, reload immediately.  Obviously this would have to be a special ability that runs out quickly, but I, er.....I didn't like the hologram thing, okay?

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying.  Sera is right--a lot of the guns are really, really similar, especially early on in the game.  I get it, but it would be cool to have even more variety instead of stuck with similar guns that you still can't bring yourself to drop.  Also like the idea of having more to do in the hub.  Right now, there's what--slot games in the bar, HQ, black market, weapon shop, doctor, Scooter's, and Claptrap.  I'm reminded of Joe's qualms with L.A. Noire.  It would be cool to play cards or darts in the bar, get drunk...

It might be nice if BD3 had a hunting system, like Far Cry 3 and Skyrim.  You could customize your own armor from the skins of animals--or hey, maybe the blood/toxins of animals could be used to customize grenades and weapons.  For example, what if Bullymong saliva proved to be potent?  If you collect enough, you modify your pellets to drain energy/melt skin off of your enemies.  I dunno. 

100% agree, something needs to be done about the driving mechanics.  Hey, it might be cool if we had more modes of transport in the 3rd game--I'd love to be able to fly around the landscape, shooting those freaking Rakks with relish (I hate them too).

Also, if you're sticking with pre-made characters, could you please give them better/bigger backstories and possibly personalities?  Actually, no, let players give their characters backstories and integrate those backstories into the world somehow.   I kinda feel like my character/s are nothing but cardboard boxes.  It would also make DLC classes look a little more worth getting.

I would also like it if you could show multiple quests that need doing on screen, not one at a time. 

To my knowledge, you only get one skill point per level up (if I'm wrong, please correct me).  It would be nice if they weren't so far apart and few in number.