• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoxNorg

FaceRig program

5 posts in this topic

Video:http://youtu.be/cbIWRd514-s

Now, the video does fail at being funny, but the technology looks really interesting and the comment of Hearthstone is not an example I would use, but imagine if said program was in use for say... The Star Trek mmo (I know it isn't what Star Trek fans wanted but follow me). You could hail a ship and see your avatar saying exactly what your saying with 75% accurate lip sync from your character looking as stern, happy, angry or dull as some people play are, but would still be interesting.
Now, I don't think it would immediately make it into gaming but the developers do seem to want it to make it used for that. Though the flip side is we get really annoying videos of the red panda/fox/whatever the fluffy thing is… but that song that I will not mention is hopefully dead. Anyway just wanted to see if this would be something others might be interested in.
Here the link for the more curious: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/facerig

Did they get TotalBiscuit to narrate that video? The resemblance is uncanny.

On topic, the program seems very cool, but I need to see more integration examples before I'd pledge. A few more demos and I'm sold, maybe even use it on the Kinect, i see potential in that combination.

When is the last time you looked at any characters face in any multiplayer game? Most of the time you are zoomed all the way out and looking at the back of your own head. Looks like a fun one time gimmick in skype or Goontube but otherwise useless for gaming.

That startrek example is interesting but the game has (sadly) nothing to do with diplomacy or player-to-player interaction.

Its weird that 3/10 of the $5,000 pledges are taken, but I've learned not to question the fantasies of furries.

but otherwise useless for gaming.

It's a new program, so there's no precedence for uses for it, but that doesn't mean It's outright useless, just means we have to get creative with it. Maybe RPG games could have a use for it? It could improve the facial animations, while allowing you a new(ish) level of immersion, in that your character's face accurately portrays your spoken words.

I remember hearing about this kind of thing as a pointless feature in Everquest Next, but according to SoEmote, its already in Everquest2.

Maybe this would be useful for the ever increasing popularity of dating sims, but I'm hoping that RP games focus on more engaging avenues. Otherwise I don't see any practical use until games go to a full virtual reality stage.