• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Suprhomre

TV-SHOW that got cancel too soon.

79 posts in this topic

OK, we all have one or two shows that got our interest and glue to the TV screen, but it all got cancel prematurely. My question is which one/ones?

These are mine in no particular order.

1. FIREFLY "Serenity". This is one of the few shows I constantly curse the people who cancelled it. It had it all, a very good protagonist, a excellent screen cast and the plot was also very interesting. Not to mention that girl, you know who I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=firefly+trailer&sm=3

2. Another show I invested some of my time but got very sad when it got cancelled, is "STARGATE UNVIVERSE"  That show was so good and I loved the acting and plot, it felt very original in it's context. I honestly thought that this show would get at least 6-8 season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HyD3aKFTkA

3. TERRA NOVA. Another excellent show that got a premature ending, I'm not going to spoil much here but it was really good. The plot was one of the many things that got you wanting for more but then someone thought that it wasn't good enough and did the unthinkable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uj7Fm4D4nc

So, do you have any show that you think got cancel too soon? Let me and the other forum mates know.

I have to agree with you 110%. I loved both Firefly and Terra Nova. I actually own the box set of Firefly on DVD great series I wish they had continued.

Firefly all the way. FOX Is solely to blame for that, and Firefly was truly a masterpiece. The world is lesser for that loss.

RussianSp3tsnaz likes this

So many shows, jon doe, family guy (20 something times.. ) brimstone, millennium, the tick, futurama (again wtf FOX you guys loved bashing that show and bringing it back ), firefly (one of my favorite ever got cancelled before id even heard of it..) lie to me (unforgivable cancellation) invasion and so many others not all cancelled by fox but so many of my favorites were.. But at least a lot of other networks have aired decent new shows ... ill just whittle it down to this, i just want shows to get a full season, a decent rung of episodes in that season and a chance for that season to be syndicated around the other major countries before a decision is made on cancellation just cos the (fox) execs decide to run a programme on odd times on bad days when more watched programmes are known to be aired at the same time.

I have a lot of hate for FOX but thats personal, even my beloved tv license thieving BBC cuts great shows dead in there prime, fades for one, so many others too, and it pushes shows like sin-bad and Atlantis.. which are horrible at best.

For me, it has to be without a doubt, young justice. That show clocked in at only two seasons, and it's a shame, since I think it should have gotten at least 2 or 3 more seasons.

Firefly all the way. FOX Is solely to blame for that, and Firefly was truly a masterpiece. The world is lesser for that loss.

"I'm a leaf in the wind".

"Watch how i soar".

"Watch how i soar".

Truth be told I wasn't even aware of Firefly's existence until long after it was canceled, a shame. Its a great show.

Emphase likes this

Firefly. That is all. I despise what they had to do with the film! :(

Caprica. 

Season 2 would have had the final five in it!

One does not simply forget Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Ah yes! Have both series on Blu-ray. Picked them up for £12! Though still not watched them all mind, seen the first series.

Damn it man tears, running down.

One does not simply forget Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

I need to take a look at that one

Caprica. 

Season 2 would have had the final five in it!

Alexandra Torresani enough said.

Hardly surprising the Firefly has been mentioned in almost every post, but none of you are wrong, obviously. I'm glad the the Serenity movie came out to give us the satisfying conclusion that FOX denied the show. That's one of my favourite movies, and I actually saw it before I heard of the show.

Emphase likes this

Megas XLR, fuck you Cartoon Network, just...fuck you.

Hardly surprising the Firefly has been mentioned in almost every post, but none of you are wrong, obviously. I'm glad the the Serenity movie came out to give us the satisfying conclusion that FOX denied the show. That's one of my favourite movies, and I actually saw it before I heard of the show.

I agree, but the sad thing about that movie is that it also represents what we lost. Prior to the movie, Joss Whedon said that he had written about 7 years worth of stories. So that 1, while awesome movie, represents 7 years of stories we'll never get back.

Definitely firefly. i loved that show.screw fox for fucking up and making a good show get canceled. it could have gone on as long as white castle has gone on or any of the other shows that has been going for almost 10 years aka Supernatual

I don't know about the others,but I've seen Terra Nova and didn't it find it particularly great.

But I'd like to add Heroes and Freaks and Geeks to the list

Definitely firefly. i loved that show.screw fox for fucking up and making a good show get canceled. it could have gone on as long as white castle has gone on or any of the other shows that has been going for almost 10 years aka Supernatual

Yeah i don't think anyone thought Supernatural would still be going after 9 seasons. But i love that show, so I'm happy.