• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

New Youtube change incoming this January. Prepare yourselves. (real talk, no derailing please)

22 posts in this topic

I'm going to post this just in case this has become even more widespread and more people knows about this.

So I just found out about this. It starts at 42:33.

It's called the " content review system". Basically what it does is select random videos of random users to be reviewed, and while the content is being reviewed, it's stuck for 48 hours and you can't see it until it has been reviewed.

Good thing about this new system, I guess, it's that it's managed by real people and not a system like the content ID match, so videos will be reviewed fairly, I hope, and there's no random bullshit content claims. Which is what it should have been in the first place to prevent all these nonsense youtube is under.

Bad thing is you may see in the future that some videos that you really want to see will be under review and you will have to wait 48 hours till it's over.

Just letting you guys, especially youtubers that has videos, know to prepare yourself for this upcoming change, if it does happen.

Mehrunes Dagon likes this

Why did you make 2 threads about this?

Why did you make 2 threads about this?

Well the original intention is I put it here to announce that there is going to be a change and people should know about it. In the other one is for wanting to know what people think about this upcoming situation. We are having too much fun and ended up derailing that other thread, so now back to seriousness and no derailing.

What do you think about this new change? Good or bad? And please, no derailing.

What you could've done is use the report button to inform the mods that you wanted your thread moved and we would've done it for you.

Please don't intentionally derail a thread just to make a new topic next time, just a friendly request since I know you're a pretty good dude Kaz.

What you could've done is use the report button to inform the mods that you wanted your thread moved and we would've done it for you.

Please don't intentionally derail a thread just to make a new topic next time, just a friendly request since I know you're a pretty good dude Kaz.

Sorry man, I was in pre-christmas spirit and everyone's derailed the thread, so I figure just have fun with that thread instead of worrying about youtube. Next time that happens I'll just say "hei guys, don't derail the thread. Get back to the topic!"

So what do you think about this upcoming youtube system?

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is how Youtube runs the company:

http://youtu.be/oEiJ3QA4kKs?t=26s

Perfect.

There's an even more accurate representation of how Youtube and google run their company, and it's in GTAV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgU-wHORG1s

Sigh, I'm sick of this youtube system nonsense. I think this new system that's going to be implemented on January is a good step up, but only if their stupid Content ID system is taken out first. If youtube have both of these, that's like having to fight 2 Gwyns from Dark Souls.

It's called the " content review system". Basically what it does is select random videos of random users to be reviewed, and while the content is being reviewed, it's stuck for 48 hours and you can't see it until it has been reviewed.

Good thing about this new system, I guess, it's that it's managed by real people and not a system like the content ID match, so videos will be reviewed fairly, I hope, and there's no random bullshit content claims.

I'd rather a video be "under review" for 2 days than be put in purgatory by a robot indefinitely. Neither is a good system, but at least having a live person reviewing it gives you a chance to appeal or get a response to your complaints.

Things I'm concerned about are twofold.

One: a human can still give BS claims. I doubt these reviewers are going to be trained management personel. It's probably just gonna be some keyboard monkey with a handbook who's just as bad as a computer flagging your videos.

Two: Videos getting selected for review more than once. If a video is reviewed and it passes inspection, I hope there is a checks and balances system that prevents people from making claims about copyright after a video has been cleared of any potential flags. Otherwise two days won't matter if you can immediately get subjected to review right after you pass a review check.

This is still a clunky and embarrassing system to use, but it might be a step in the right direction. But it's too early to tell what an improvement would be at this stage. One thing is for sure, Google and Youtube are screwing people over.

I'd rather a video be "under review" for 2 days than be put in purgatory by a robot indefinitely. Neither is a good system, but at least having a live person reviewing it gives you a chance to appeal or get a response to your complaints.

Things I'm concerned about are twofold.

One: a human can still give BS claims. I doubt these reviewers are going to be trained management personel. It's probably just gonna be some keyboard monkey with a handbook who's just as bad as a computer flagging your videos.

Two: Videos getting selected for review more than once. If a video is reviewed and it passes inspection, I hope there is a checks and balances system that prevents people from making claims about copyright after a video has been cleared of any potential flags. Otherwise two days won't matter if you can immediately get subjected to review right after you pass a review check.

This is still a clunky and embarrassing system to use, but it might be a step in the right direction. But it's too early to tell what an improvement would be at this stage. One thing is for sure, Google and Youtube are screwing people over.

Hopefully the people that's hired to do these reviews are competent personnels. The last thing we need is a troll that's there to ruin youtubers for shits and giggles.

You can bet $1 billion that Google and youtube are screwing people over along with other companies especially in gaming like EA, Capcom, Microsoft and Nintendo, which is just a sad reality. What happened to these guys? They used to be all about the gamers, now they're all about money. The managers of these companies needs to be replaced badly.

And Nintendo

You can bet $1 billion that Google and youtube are screwing people over along with other companies especially in gaming like EA, Capcom, Microsoft and Nintendo, which is just a sad reality.

Okay, you lost me. What exactly does Nintendo have to do with any of this?

Okay, you lost me. What exactly does Nintendo have to do with any of this?

Crap, forgot to delete that one. Leave that one out and read the bottom one.

Ah wait, actually let me elaborate on that. Remember a few months ago when Nintendo started to do a third party content claim on monetised youtubers for videos that have their products? They're still doing it right now and it's even worse with this content ID that youtube puts in. People that disputed them got rejected and they have no choice but to comply with all their Nintendo related videos being claimed by Nintendo.

I think I know what you're talking about, but I attribute that with Shigeru Miyamoto not really knowing what he's doing than malicious money-grubbing.

But yeah, either way the content ID system isn't doing them any favors... although I guess it is, because it makes the ad revenue go to Nintendo instead of the LPer/reviewer. It's their product on display, but making money off of someone's commentary and gameplay is wrong. I understand it's their game in the first place, but some shows put effort into their episodes and they don't deserve having their money taken from them.

Although if it's a silent LPer then yeah, I can't really defend that.

Kaz32 likes this

I think I know what you're talking about, but I attribute that with Shigeru Miyamoto not really knowing what he's doing than malicious money-grubbing.

But yeah, either way the content ID system isn't doing them any favors... although I guess it is, because it makes the ad revenue go to Nintendo instead of the LPer/reviewer. It's their product on display, but making money off of someone's commentary and gameplay is wrong. I understand it's their game in the first place, but some shows put effort into their episodes and they don't deserve having their money taken from them.

Although if it's a silent LPer then yeah, I can't really defend that.

I don't think Shigeru is in on this at all, he's all about bringing great games. This is all more on the damn management team's fault.

That second sentence is so true that I am going to issue a like.... if I haven't reached my quota.

Quota lifted!

I think this new content ID review system would probably be preferable to the current system where content creators are being scammed out of their money by fraudulent claims. The new system might negatively effect news shows like the Content Patch though if they're forced to wait 2 days after the news is as relevant.

It really makes me wonder why everyone sticks with Youtube. Content creators, I understand, it's where the audience is. But the Audience? I guess I already answered my own question there: It because that's where the content creators like Angry Joe and TotalBiscuit are at right now. It's sort of a self sustaining problem with neither side willing to make the first move while Google shakes the room about with potentially deadly tremors. To extend the metaphor, I think someone will eventually budge to a different room out of personal safety. Maybe Vimeo or Blip? 

Anyways I've rambled long enough. That's just my two cents.

Nintendo needs publicity and advertising the most so they won't claim on those videos because they know it would harm them

Nintendo needs publicity and advertising the most so they won't claim on those videos because they know it would harm them

But they are claiming videos from youtubers that has their products. It got so bad that there are people that cancels their videos about the currently released Mario and Zelda game and will never ever do Nintendo based videos again until Nintendo stops.

But they are claiming videos from youtubers that has their products. It got so bad that there are people that cancels their videos about the currently released Mario and Zelda game and will never ever do Nintendo based videos again until Nintendo stops.

But you forgot that Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe has no real authority and if anything came up that would be the fault of Nintendo of Japan

But you forgot that Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe has no real authority and if anything came up that would be the fault of Nintendo of Japan

Well if you know Nintendo is still guilty for doing this, why did you say "Nintendo needs publicity and advertising the most so they won't claim on those videos because they know it would harm them"?

Many people put videos up sometimes weeks in advance unlisted and then make them public on a schedule, now I suppose everyone will have to be doing it that way.

I do hope they are at least going to put a time limit on how soon after being uploaded they can black out a video for two days, rather than literally randomly selecting from every video in the whole world, that seems like a stupid but unfortunately likely scenario.

I'm one of them. I plan not to do any more Nintendo related games until Nintendo wises up and allows people to monetize again.

Either way, I'm prepared.

Kaz32 likes this

I'm one of them. I plan not to do any more Nintendo related games until Nintendo wises up and allows people to monetize again.

Either way, I'm prepared.

Good man, just skip it. Its unfortunate, but it has to be done.

DestinyDecade likes this

Good man, just skip it. Its unfortunate, but it has to be done.

You are too kind. Thank you.