• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Lukis

R.I.P. Mikhail Kalashnikov

117 posts in this topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-25497013

He left legacy which world will remember for a many years to come! 

b_483729.jpg

"I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists ... I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work  — for example a lawn mower."

"I created a weapon to defend the borders of my motherland. It's not my fault that it's being used where it shouldn't be. The politicians are more to blame for this."

You will have to forgive me if I don't mourn his passing.

I've been up close and personal with the kind of people that use his "proud invention" and contemplated his death many times.

Normally I like a laugh and joke but that bastard right there has a lot of blood on his hands.

Im not sure if i should touch weapons proliferation threads with a barge pole these days, but, for this man i will, he knew his area well that's for sure, his craftsman ship and designs are unparalleled i wont touch the folk using his arms who shouldn't, but the weapons he did make and had over-watch over are some of the best ever created.

When i was a youth in the ATC and we would do occasional events in other countries, alot of folk would always say there's were the best weapons, but it was always a case of, if an all terrain war was going to happen would you take your weapons or AKs.. guess which was said.. even by the yokal forces of the usa (dont hate, when i visited the usa for an event yokal is the most polite word that could come to mind but this was the deep south)? yup AKs. They almost never breakdown and when they do, completely interchangeable and can work in any climate.

The man created a legacy that good or bad, will not be forgotten across any part of the planet, few can say that.

Out of all the deaths in the world "we" mourn this person....Great. Just fucking great.

I've been up close and personal with the kind of people that use his "proud invention" and contemplated his death many times.

Normally I like a laugh and joke but that bastard right there has a lot of blood on his hands.

Two likes for today.

Saigonrice, KingGibbon and BSB like this

He left legacy which world will remember for a many years to come!

Yeeeaah, but that's not necessarily a good thing. I don't think I'll ever mourn the passing of any man who created weapons.

I second this. The man wanted to create a machine or tool in his own words, that ended up causing more death and mayhem then any weapon of mass destruction ever could. The deaths of many good people are overlooked every single day, I'd rather take a moment for any one of those then for this man.

ak 47 dudes how cs without ak 47 ....

Don't get me wrong but those people may have thought pretty much the same of the people who invented the western armies' weapon of choice.

johnythehero likes this

I respect the man on a professional level, nothing more. Kalashnikov rifles (and their imitations) are among the most finely crafted weapons I've ever seen, bar none.

On a personal level.... well, I don't have many kind words to say about the man, let's just leave it at that.

I don't have any hate for this person, I was not in the military or anything either though.

Personally I don't know if I can blame HIM for how effective his creation is, I think America and other countries have done far worse things. Atomic bomb anyone?

I mean honestly, how can you blame someone for creating something with the goal of protecting their country? Blame the people who use "science" and whatever else in a negative way rather than positive. We always see these movies and games where there is this cliche scientist that builds something for a good cause and it ends up being used for evil (metal gear). Can you really blame them? I can't, not really.

Now I'm by no means going to mourn their passing or celebrate it either, and I'm not going to celebrate their creations but I can't blame them for it. Everyone wants to think the world would be a better place without certain inventions like the AK or Atomic bomb but the fact is we don't know that. Maybe it would have been worse, maybe if we didn't figure out how to build these we would have stumbled across something far more atrocious. Who knows?

Lukis and johnythehero like this

Don't get me wrong but those people may have thought pretty much the same of the people who invented the western armies' weapon of choice.

I've no doubt in my mind about that bud.

Still doesn't mean i'm going to mourn his passing.

Although, to be fair, the British army complain more about our weapons than the people we use them against. Constant jamming, misfiring, breaking, awkward to reload quickly and the constant need to be pulled apart and cleaned (not always convenient).

Funny how everyone despises this guy, but are totally cool with Nobel. He even has his own award. Oh, ye, he was the guy who invented dynamite.

Lukis likes this

Funny how everyone despises this guy, but are totally cool with Nobel. He even has his own award. Oh, ye, he was the guy who invented dynamite.

Well, for one thing, he didn't invent dynamite as a weapon- he made it for use in railroad construction, to clear tunnels and such. For another, the Nobel prize was his way of trying to leave a good legacy of the Nobel name.

Kalashnikov, meanwhile, created something to be used explicitly as a weapon, and hasn't done (to my knowledge) anything to even try to give his name a better legacy.

Although, to be fair, the British army complain more about our weapons than the people we use them against. Constant jamming, misfiring, breaking, awkward to reload quickly and the constant need to be pulled apart and cleaned (not always convenient).

Sounds like you guys should buy Russi- er, maybe you guys should buy American. Or maybe French, can't imagine what other countries you might want to buy from if you need a more durable weapon. Hahahaha Please don't hit me.

Saigonrice likes this

Well, for one thing, he didn't invent dynamite as a weapon- he made it for use in railroad construction, to clear tunnels and such. For another, the Nobel prize was his way of trying to leave a good legacy of the Nobel name.

Kalashnikov, meanwhile, created something to be used explicitly as a weapon, and hasn't done (to my knowledge) anything to even try to give his name a better legacy.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to defend Kalashnikov or anything. I dislike the whole idea behind making weapons myself. Was just trying to point out a somewhat of a double standard. I'm quite sure Mr. Kalashnikov didn't make the weapon with the thought of killing countless people for no apparent reason.

Sounds like you guys should buy Russi- er, maybe you guys should buy American. Or maybe French, can't imagine what other countries you might want to buy from if you need a more durable weapon. Hahahaha Please don't hit me.

Got to a stage at one point where we considered using rocks and sticks .... less likely to blow our own fingers off that way :P

Gone the Third likes this

Out of all the deaths in the world "we" mourn this person....Great. Just fucking great.

well, we mourn the passing of entertainers, what does that tell you? death sucks no joke but sometimes we exaggerate but it's out of human nature, of course...

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to defend Kalashnikov or anything. I dislike the whole idea behind making weapons myself. Was just trying to point out a somewhat of a double standard. I'm quite sure Mr. Kalashnikov didn't make the weapon with the thought of killing countless people for no apparent reason.

I have no doubt he didn't, either, but we can't forget that he knew he was designing a weapon, which you'd have to be deluded to think could be used for anything but killing. The "who" bit is kind of irrelevant.

Got to a stage at one point where we considered using rocks and sticks .... less likely to blow our own fingers off that way :P

Oh, so you DID consider buying French!

...the Foreign Legion is going to hunt me down for that one, aren't they?

Oh, so you DID consider buying French!

...the Foreign Legion is going to hunt me down for that one, aren't they?

That made me laugh.

Also quoting so I remember to like when it lets me.

He armed the Soviet Union. An organization responsible for the death and oppression of millions.

He armed the Soviet Union. An organization responsible for the death and oppression of millions.

democracy.jpg

Orpo and Halavo like this

How can someone disrespect this guy he made the weapon that won and lost wars ( Korean war, Vietnam war, Russia resistance against Germans and much more) used by everyone ak-47 was one of most powerful weapons in the world this weapon can shot throw a rail and leave a hole like there was no problem. This man one of the rare ones he had an idea and executed perfectly i bet the guys who invented Nuclear bombs or M14 would get the same respect from people because they invented something that other people could not.

He invented undying masterpiece.

AK-47 is one of my favorite gun models.

But besides that his invention killed thousands, not that another gun would not have done it but, so much blood on his hands.

Alanas4201 likes this

AK-47 is one of my favorite gun models.

But besides that his invention killed thousands, not that another gun would not have done it but, so much blood on his hands.

Yeah i agree with you if not AK-47 Other guns would have been used like m14 or German weapons like StG to do the same job, but seems that ak was best at it's job.

It's not his fault people with bad intentions get/got a hold of his invention. Weapons will and have always existed even without invention (sticks and stones anyone?). It's about limiting who has access to them